• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Yep, same shit as always.
President Donald Trump threatened higher tariffs on Chinese goods if the country does not make a deal on trade.
The U.S. and China agreed to a "phase one" trade deal in October, but Beijing and Washington have since sent mixed signals about how the countries will move forward.

A spokesperson for the for China's Commerce Ministry said earlier this month that both countries had agreed to cancel some existing tariffs simultaneously. Trump later said that he had not agreed to scrap the tariffs, lowering hopes for a deal.

"They'd like to have a rollback. I haven't agreed to anything," Trump said.

White House economic advisor Larry Kudlow said on Friday that the countries were "getting close" to reaching a trade deal.
We're always supposedly "getting close" to a deal, then Dumb Donald makes some more threats. Is that big batch of new tariffs that would have gone into effect December 15 still on the table? Is anyone making any progress or is everyone just spinning their wheels because Trump doesn't actually want to negotiate (giving something up to get something in return) and China is hoping they can just wait him out?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I thought they were in china signing a deal already?

Oct 26, 2017
So we are on the "I shit my pants on purpose" part of the cycle?
china in good faith said they would retract tariffs with the us then sign a deal before xmas, with the specific tariffs getting lifted first being more geared towards injecting money into the economy.
trump said no ill increase tarffs!!

so, were on track for a recession, especially if holiday sales tank.

china is worried because they are teetering aswell, and know if us enters a recession it'll trigger theres, then it'll trigger a global recession

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
china in good faith said they would retract tariffs with the us then sign a deal before xmas, with the specific tariffs getting lifted first being more geared towards injecting money into the economy.
trump said no ill increase tarffs!!

so, were on track for a recession, especially if holiday sales tank.

china is worried because they are teetering aswell, and know if us enters a recession it'll trigger theres, then it'll trigger a global recession
We got em right where we want em!

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Completion of a "phase one" U.S.-China trade deal could slide into next year, trade experts and people close to the White House say, as Beijing presses for more extensive tariff rollbacks, and the Trump administration counters with heightened demands of its own.
Negotiations also are complicated by conflicts within the White House about the best approach to China, and by the fact that Trump could veto any agreed deal at the last minute.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People has been saying that the Chinese economy is a sham that is gonna collapse any second now since at least 2008.
I obviously have no idea what the future holds, but a lot of those predictions seem to come from conservative economists that are really really upset that the massive ass stimulus China did during the great recession didn't cause the terrible outcomes that austerity advocates say it would.
Remember the whole ghost towns hysteria?

p.s.
I fully agree that a full-blown trade war with China is going to wreck the world's economy in terrible ways.

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
User warned: Ableist language.
Our president is fucking retarded. Like what else is there to say at this point