• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 30, 2017
I thought that Bloomberg made a brilliant site which tracks and updates the worldwide distribution of all the COVID-vaccines, take a look, it's interactive and has additional data.

USA & Worldwide tracker:
www.bloomberg.com

More Than 400 Million Shots Given: Covid-19 Tracker

Bloomberg counted up the shots administered in 132 countries and 59 U.S. states and territories

Canadian tracker:
COVID-19 Tracker Canada - Vaccination Tracker

United States so far:

Rolling Day Average:

Total: 63,090,634 shots

1+ dose: 13.1% of the population
2 doses: 5.7% of the population

Worldwide:

vaccjfkke.png

Two reasons for this thread: If people start to realize that millions of other people got vaccinated without turning into Zombies, those on the edge might feel inclined to feel better about getting it.

Second reason, I'm used to these daily numbers of COVID going up, I'd like to see this number going up as well and hopefully ending this nightmare.

Also: Everyone who already got the vaccine, feel free to tell us about your experience :P[/B]

Last edited:

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's therapeutic to see this number go up after seeing the other numbers rise over the last year.

Oct 27, 2017
Come on Missouri, get your act together.

It's nice seeing these numbers though. It's like the inverse of slowly seeing the Covid numbers go up at the beginning of the year.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
It's good news.

Hopefully this also convinces more people to get the vaccine when it's their turn.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Great thread idea

Got my vaccine (Pfizer/BioNTech) on 12/19

OP
OP
Captain Smoker
Oct 30, 2017
Here's a Canadian centric tracker:

COVID-19 Tracker Canada - Vaccination Tracker

Real-time COVID-19 vaccination updates for every region in Canada, tracking doses of Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine delivered and administered to Canadians.

edit: curses, OrangeNova!
Thanks, I'll add it to the OP.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Ok. I haven't been following the vaccine as much because I don't want to get my hopes up. But realistically, how long is this gonna take? Or can we even know?

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
So my wife is a dental hygienist and I work in public transit. Any idea when we will be able to receive the vaccine?

Reel Big Fish

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2020
I wish I could get one sooner. But hopefully everyone at high risk and on the front lines can get one asap. Hope they release one for kids some time soon as well.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
My wife just got vaccinated yesterday. Such a relief.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't you need two shots? So aren't they more like "half vaccinated"? Still, comforting to track the progress

Last edited:

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Don't you need two shots? So aren't they more like "half vaccinated"?
Yea that chart is definitely misleading. It really should just be the 1st dose. Going to be hard keeping track of the 2nd dose as well.

Edit: Yea the Bloomberg article specifically notes that 792,142 doses have been administered.

Ensirius

Oct 26, 2017
Cannot wait for my mom to get her vaccine.
She recently beat cancer and I am worried about her.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Shouldn't it be whatever the proper term is for partially vaccinated since it's a two-dose thing? Or provide a split (when that becomes a thing)?

Edit: Addressed already.

Nov 13, 2017
We're making decent progress. With the Moderna approval, I really hope we can reach 100M vaccinations by the end of Biden's 100 days in office. Hopefully even sooner than that!

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Is there any other vaccines that are close or might also have a chance of getting approved besides these two currently to help out?

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
Is there any other vaccines that are close or might also have a chance of getting approved besides these two currently to help out?

The Oxford vaccine may get approved in some locations soon, though likely not in the US. China has the a few vaccines which they're distributing pretty widely and which early results seem solid on, though they definitely did it before they had a ton of info. Russia's Sputnik V is technically approved, though information we have suggests it isn't being too widely given yet and its approval was mostly a publicity stunt. Neither of those is likely to even try for a US approval, certainly not any time soon.

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is probably the next best hope in the US. We should have some significant data by the end of January and if all goes well, an approval is possible by late February. That's probably the soonest we'd see another one approved here in the US.

The NYT has a useful vaccine tracker at https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Really surprised at the amount of people who already got the vaccine?!

MaffewE

Feb 15, 2018
One of the inactivated ones from China is announcing the results of their Brazilian trial later today, so fingers crossed they're good.

At the UK coronavirus press conference today, they announced the 'full data package' for Oxford / AstraZeneca was now with our regulator, whatever that actually means.

And Novavax will hopefully have results coming through in January too.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I ask this periodically, but I am wondering what happens when it's "your turn." Say you're in one of the groups in the middle of the line. When will you know vaccines are available? How will you know? Will it be like a flu vaccine where the pharmacy has signs up? Where are they administered?

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
When my family, my girlfriend and I get the vaccine, I will feel a massive weight off my shoulders. I may actually sleep well at night.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I ask this periodically, but I am wondering what happens when it's "your turn." Say you're in one of the groups in the middle of the line. When will you know vaccines are available? How will you know? Will it be like a flu vaccine where the pharmacy has signs up? Where are they administered?

I'm also more curious to know how part 2 works. Need to wait the 20ish days for the second, so would you set up an appointment for it and have one guaranteed? What if they are running low on that point and you can't get it for much longer than the recommended days, would it still be just as effective after the fact?

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Keep an eye out for your local county health department as far as any updates for the availability of the vaccine. All of the CVS locations will administer COVID vaccines once it's available to them (based on an email I received from Aetna), and I expect the same for Walgreens, etc. Your primary care physician should also be administering COVID vaccines depending on availability.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Keep an eye out for your local county health department as far as any updates for the availability of the vaccine. All of the CVS locations will administer COVID vaccines once it's available to them (based on an email I received from Aetna), and I expect the same for Walgreens, etc. Your primary care physician should also be administering COVID vaccines depending on availability.
This is good info, thank you.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
In Costa Rica vaccination starts on the 28th. Good stuff, I just hope Pfizer sends a good amount and not just peanuts of the 3 million doses we bought.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
South Africa is only expected to have a vaccine widely available in early-mid 2022. We're screwed until then, and that's if my government doesn't continue to miss payment deadlines for the vaccine that will result in further delays :(

Kleefeld

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
Well, here in Germany I don't expect to get the vaccine before Q3 or Q4 2021since I won't have any priority. But if they are looking for volunteers I will be there! :D

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
But like, how do you know it's your turn?
Do they show up at your house with a needle?

do you harass CVS every day?

is your doctor personally working on getting one for you and will call?

Or you keep bugging the nearest hospital till they cave?

lack of clarity in how to get a vaccine or how to when it would be available to specific groups (like my ill wife) is very frustrating