• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 19, 2017

According to those with access to early tracking, the Pixar animation is looking at a stateside debut around $150 million. That number could go even higher after Disney's final marketing push for the film and reviews are released, with some industry experts saying that the movie could even reach as high as $180 million in North America.
Fandango announced this morning that Toy Story 4 is the new record-holder for best first day presales for an animated title, outselling last year's Incredibles 2. the previous record-holder. Tickets went on sale Tuesday at noon, and within the first 24 hours, Toy Story 4 outpaced other major presellers like Finding Dory and the live-action Beauty and the Beast.

It's worth noting that Deadline is feeling even more optimistic, believing that a $200M opening is in the cards: https://deadline.com/2019/05/toy-st...ion-fandango-atom-presale-records-1202624173/

Disney/Pixar's Toy Story 4 hit tracking this morning and box office analysts are already buzzing that the fourthquel has a great shot at setting a new opening record for an animation film, besting Incredibles 2's 3-day last year of $182.6M. A $200M opening is not out of the question, and in the wake of Disney pulling out all the stops with exhibition on Avengers: Endgame for an all-time domestic start of $357.1M, why shouldn't we even question Toy Story 4's forecast. In the tracking number tea leaves, analysts see Toy Story 4 doing about 10% better than Incredibles 2.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
7A1sJi0.gif

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How anyone thought Pokémon would be bigger than Toy Story is beyond insane. Even for a video game forum.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If ever you needed evidence of how unrepresentative of the wider audience Resetera is, never forget how convinced the forum at large was that absolutely no one was interested in this, and that it was Detective Pikachu that global audiences were gagging for.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
The brand power of a successful franchise.

I'm currently reading a book called Creativity Inc. It's about Pixar and their rise to success. It's quite interesting from a management POV.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Were are all the posters who thought Detective Pikachu would outgross Toy Story 4, show yourselves.

Here is the thread if you want to take a look for yourself.

www.resetera.com

Which movie will do better at the box office- Toy Story 4 or Pokemon: Detective Pikachu?

Toy Story 4 is a brand new entry in one of the, if not the, most beloved movie franchise of all time (certainly on the animated side of things). It's by Pixar (almost always a sign of success), and it's bound to do well as a result. Nonetheless, some factors against it include it being a fourth...

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to spending a small fortune taking my wife and three kids to see this movie. I found Incredibles 2 a little boring and not very memorable. Never quite understood the appeal of that series.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Probably still won't see it, none of the trailers have inspired any confidence lol

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Good for them I guess. Everything just keep breaking record after record, I wonder how Star Wars will do.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
How anyone thought Pokémon would be bigger than Toy Story is beyond insane. Even for a video game forum.
Toy Story 4 is going to make more in its opening weekend than Pikachu will do in its entire run.
B I G G E S T
E N T E R T A I N M E N T
B R A N D
g1358387951110081535.jpg

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good for them I guess. Everything just keep breaking record after record, I wonder how Star Wars will do.
It'll break the record for fastest turnaround of lapsed Star Wars fans buying a ticket to see the next one after claiming they were done with the series after the last.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Here is the thread if you want to take a look for yourself.

www.resetera.com

Which movie will do better at the box office- Toy Story 4 or Pokemon: Detective Pikachu?

Toy Story 4 is a brand new entry in one of the, if not the, most beloved movie franchise of all time (certainly on the animated side of things). It's by Pixar (almost always a sign of success), and it's bound to do well as a result. Nonetheless, some factors against it include it being a fourth...
This is a fascinating thread to revisit.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Toy Story is by far my favorite Pixar franchise. And I think Toy Story 3 is the best one ( close to Toy Story ).

So very excited for the movie snd not surprised the movie is tracking that well.

Disney is having a RIDICULOUS year...

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
There has never been any evidence that Toy Story 4 will 1) be bad and 2) not perform well.

Anyone trying to convince themselves otherwise is in some deep denial.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toy Story is by far my favorite Pixar franchise. And I think Toy Story 3 is the best one ( close to Toy Story ).

So very excited for the movie snd not surprised the movie is tracking that well.

Disney is having a RIDICULOUS year...
Very solid chance of them having 5 films over 500m domestic in Endgame, Toy Story 4, Lion King, Frozen 2, and The Rise of Skywalker.

Hell, it is isn't impossible all 5 do over 600m domestic.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
God I hope this is a masterpiece. 3 was the perfect ending for the franchise. I hope 4 maintains the quality.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the 4th film in a series that is proven to be a hit at the box office put out by a studio who is also proven to be able to release a hit at the box office. Doubting this movie was always foolish, despite the personal feelings of members of this forum towards it.

Some people probably forgot that TS3 came out more than a decade after TS2 and made twice as much money as its predecessor.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Rise of Skywalker will do as well or better than TLJ which means a domestic run of 600-700 million and a global tally of somewhere between 1.3 and 1.5 billion.

As it is the end of this current trilogy, those numbers could be potentially even higher.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
User Banned (3 days): Trolling and antagonizing other users; history of similar behavior
Surprised? Well, go fuck a pokemon, oh wait?! they are not real animals

Fucking nerds/jrpg fans. Get a life.
Mod Edit: Reverted Post to a Previous Version

Last edited by a moderator:

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
I remember going into that thread dumbfounded at so many people convinced Pikachu would beat fucking Pixar lmao