• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I've been using a Surface Pro as my main PC for a few years now, and I recently upgraded to a new one. I use the touchscreen all the time, be it with a pen or just my fingers.

Which games have you found to work well on Windows with touchscreen?

I was pleasantly surprised that Regency Solitaire works pretty great with just touchscreen, with only a few awkward parts of the interface. I only ever play that game in tablet mode.

Any recommendations?

OP
OP
dock

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Civilization, perhaps?
Problem with 'perhaps?' is that lots of games you would think would be fine are full of tooltips on hover, or general hover feedback which doesn't work on touch. Not to mention right click not working, or just being coded in a way that blocks all touch inputs.

OP
OP
dock

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I love that Hidden Object abbreviates to HOG! 🐷

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
I've been using a Surface Pro as my main PC for a few years now, and I recently upgraded to a new one. I use the touchscreen all the time, be it with a pen or just my fingers.

Which games have you found to work well on Windows with touchscreen?

I was pleasantly surprised that Regency Solitaire works pretty great with just touchscreen, with only a few awkward parts of the interface. I only ever play that game in tablet mode.

Any recommendations?

Hearthstone? Book of Demons probably (never tried it) but it seems made for touch.