• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Is he supposed to be spike from the cartoon? Spike was pretty useful he could shoot the quills out over long ranges
No he was supposed to be Kid Omega

Then they must have decided that having another Telepath/Telekinetic in the movie was stupid and kept his name but changed him to Quill.
latest

But in reality, like all of Fox-Men movies he was just a pointless cameo so fans could point at the screen and say "I know who that's supposed to be"

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
He kept saying "this is a bad Idea" and flipped his hair around alot and poked a few aliens with his fork. Seriously, in the final battle he kills like 5 aliens total. To be fair though, dry land is not exactly his expertise.

I was laughing as I watched JL:SC as Batman was rolling around in what was basically just a light tank slaughtering Parademons by the dozen, while Aquaman was spending all his time fighting two or three at a time.

They'd have been better off bringing an airborne division with them.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
people are usually awful at writing telepaths

I remember Martian Manhunter going through the same shit in the Justice League cartoon

Nah, it's just the TAS Jean was written as a damsel in distress who could be saved by either Cyclops or Wolverine. She's always screaming, always says "I can't hold it any longer" or "it's too much" and faints constantly; there's even a couple of scenes in the montage above where Jean collapses for no reason.

Compare that to X-Men: Evolution Jean who's badass.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Nah, it's just the TAS Jean was written as a damsel in distress who could be saved by either Cyclops or Wolverine. She's always screaming, always says "I can't hold it any longer" or "it's too much" and faints constantly; there's even a couple of scenes in the montage above where Jean collapses for no reason.

Compare that to X-Men: Evolution Jean who's badass.

TAS is a rough time for a lot of characters.

Like Wolverine talks some mad shit, but he's a guy with knives strapped to his hands in a TV-PG Saturday morning show. He literally can't lay a hand on people due to censorship! I'm pretty sure his only W is sucker-punching Scott.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like there's a lot of useless Rangers in the Power Rangers series, most of them being the Yellow or the Green Rangers who aren't 6th Rangers. For example, Damon from Lost Galaxy, Trip from Time Force, Chip from Mystic Force, Emily from Samurai, and Calvin from Ninja Steel. IIRC, none of them had more than one or two episodes dedicated to them, and they weren't given too many lines per episode, apart from lines like "We got this!" or "Yeah!".

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
They had a lot of help in those other arcs. This team by itself (Miles, Gwen, Julia, Jessica, Cindy, and Anya) was so useless they needed to be rescued constantly throughout Sins Rising/Last Remains. By Peter, by Dr. Strange, by Mary Jane and the Green Goblin.

They were absolutely useless.
Everyone is fucking useless in Spencer's run to be fair.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Because it's the opposite of the Slott run?
I just have Spidey-Stockholm Syndrome.

I'm being mean to it, for a lot the run, I've enjoyed it. But the constant treading water is grating on me. Kindred is fine but not interesting enough to drag along for so long. At least Boomerang is back (never thought I'd say that)

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
TAS is a rough time for a lot of characters.

Like Wolverine talks some mad shit, but he's a guy with knives strapped to his hands in a TV-PG Saturday morning show. He literally can't lay a hand on people due to censorship! I'm pretty sure his only W is sucker-punching Scott.
Add to that they didn't want kids to imitate him so he'd get hurt and then spend an episode hurt with his ribs taped up despite the healing factor thing.

TAS was honestly a horrible show.

OP
OP
DragonSJG

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
SpeedWagon in JoJo Part 1, what did he do?
Also in part 5, if Fugo can't bring out his stand often, why is he part of the team?

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Add to that they didn't want kids to imitate him so he'd get hurt and then spend an episode hurt with his ribs taped up despite the healing factor thing.

TAS was honestly a horrible show.

Wolverine's healing factor was originally a lot weaker. He pretty regularly would have to spend a night resting off injuries from hits that would one-shot an elephant, instead of just walking through getting all his flesh melted off his bones like he does now. His healing factor got supercharged when Magneto ripped the adamantium off his bones in 1993's Fatal Attractions crossover, and it never got reset when Apocalypse gave him back his adamantium in 1999.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm watching Buffy for the first time with my GF. Only on Season 3.

plz no spoil

We just watched the episode where Xander gets caught up with some zombie dudes who want to blow up the school and the whole episode is just about him being a useless member of the team. And like... yeah? He really is.
He secretly saves everyone in that episode though. Xander is the unsung hero of the team. Spoiler for season 6:
He single handedly saves the whole world by talking Willow down.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Wolverine's healing factor was originally a lot weaker. He pretty regularly would have to spend a night resting off injuries from hits that would one-shot an elephant, instead of just walking through getting all his flesh melted off his bones like he does now. His healing factor got supercharged when Magneto ripped the adamantium off his bones in 1993's Fatal Attractions crossover, and it never got reset when Apocalypse gave him back his adamantium in 1999.
I am a actually aware of that. I've been reading comics since the 80s. But even by his original healing standards he is laid up a lot in TAS.