• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Ma-Ti from Captain Planet with the useless power of heart
That power literally lets him command bears to eat his enemies. It is only that he's a nice 12 year old kid that Hoggish Greedily still has legs.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Hulk can crumple tanks. That's useful.

Last time arrows were useful, Gengis Khan was riding towards Europe.
Aside from the jokes an arrow is more useful than a bullet in a comic book world. Not only can comic archers curve arrows around obstacles and shoot at rates as fast as automatic rifles (Hawkeye can shoot like 60 arrows per second) arrows can be used as delivery devices for all sorts of tech weapons from the hacking arrows in avengers to a freaking nuke arrow.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Durin's Bane had already sensed Gandalf's presence as a fellow Maia, so that confrontation was unavoidable for them both. Even without the goblin conflict they were destined to meet in Moria.

Gandalf himself felt this coming:

"There are many powers in this world, for good or for evil. Some are greater than I am. And against some, I have not yet been tested."

If they had escaped Moria without alerting anything, I think that even in his Grey raiment, he would still have been a potent enough force to convince Theoden of Saruman's treachery, to get Rohan involved in the War amongst his other deeds as the White Rider.

So regardless of Pippin's actions, Gandalf and Durin's Bane were destined to meet in battle no matter what? Very interesting.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Aside from the jokes an arrow is more useful than a bullet in a comic book world. Not only can comic archers curve arrows around obstacles and shoot at rates as fast as automatic rifles (Hawkeye can shoot like 60 arrows per second) arrows can be used as delivery devices for all sorts of tech weapons from the hacking arrows in avengers to a freaking nuke arrow.
It's also a matter of personality.

I am not familiar with comics Hawkeye, but comics and DCTV Green Arrow (which are very different characters) trump in personality MCU Hawkeye.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I don't understand how someone doesn't put respect on Tenzin's name after season 3.

Honestly, even as brief as it was, the Tenzin v Zaheer fight ranks up there as a top 3 fight in the Avatar series (just underneath Zuko v Azula). The fight choreography, the setting, the music, two absolute masters of their art going at it, everything about it was so cool.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Momen Rider from One Punch Man is pretty damn useless. The guy just gets his ass kicked all the time by every monster or villains he faces, and yet he's loved by public!
Mumen Rider is the heart of the series, and a role model for every hero, also he bought some time for Saitama to arrive against the Deep Sea King.

There is some recent development in the webcomics that change his losing streak though.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Now I'm curious, what is she from?
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. She's one of like nearly 70 party members you can acquire. So not really a big deal that she has a poor stat growths and is mostly useless, though she is a part of the smallest team in the game where you don't often have many alternative units to use in her stead for much of the game.

Oct 29, 2017
People always hype up Lee but all he does is catch Ls

He does have a lot of L's, but you also have to look at Lee's matchups.

Lee has a disadvantage as a taijutsu master in a world full of superpowered opponents. Especially when considering the opponents he goes up against: defensive fighters.

Gaara had an ultimate defense, almost impossible for Lee to get close to and break through. To his credit he nearly did win.
Kimimaro similarly had an almost unbreakable defense with his bones.
Neji, his rival, ALSO has an incredibly difficult to work around defensive ability.

I forget his fights as we move into Shippuden as I mainly followed the original manga series for the most part, but Lee's matchups were pretty bad for him all things considered.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Now I'm curious, what is she from?

Whoops, failed to include.
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.
She's both a bad character, and one of the worst units in the series. Bad growths (level up stats) on top of wierdly apportioned growths (she favors speed over defense and strength). If you level her you end up with a general, the top on foot armored unit, that has both the usual drawbacks of the class (poor movement range, weak magic defense) but none of the upsides (absurd defense and attack power). She becomes a slow to move, low defense, low attack, but fast attack speed character. You drag her around slowly, she multi hits but for zero damage, then dies quickly where a general would be useful at a bottleneck.

On top of all that you'll have wasted tons of xp and items on her and not realized it till it was too late.

As just noted you do have a lot of characters that are fine, so she doesn't drag you down by existing.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Momen Rider from One Punch Man is pretty damn useless. The guy just gets his ass kicked all the time by every monster or villains he faces, and yet he's loved by public!

Mumen Rider represents the heroic ideal and inspires those around him.

Also the fact that despite being a low rank hero who is supposed to be going after muggers, purse snatchers, and the like managed to survive several blows from Deep Sea King shows that he has some hidden potential.

Nov 17, 2017
He does have a lot of L's, but you also have to look at Lee's matchups.

Lee has a disadvantage as a taijutsu master in a world full of superpowered opponents. Especially when considering the opponents he goes up against: defensive fighters.

Gaara had an ultimate defense, almost impossible for Lee to get close to and break through. To his credit he nearly did win.
Kimimaro similarly had an almost unbreakable defense with his bones.
Neji, his rival, ALSO has an incredibly difficult to work around defensive ability.

I forget his fights as we move into Shippuden as I mainly followed the original manga series for the most part, but Lee's matchups were pretty bad for him all things considered.
Hey, an L is an L. Tenten was a bad matchup against Temari but we all give her that loss.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
e27bb9bae1b625e253d75c5b8d6d308e4ac57337_00.jpg

Tristan Taylor - Yu-Gi-Oh!
If we're counting the manga he's the mvp of the first real arc of the entire series. Beating assassins/special agents in lethal laser tag while they cheated heavily in game 1 and saving Yugi from being crushed by a Tetris block in game 3 and then having to survive all by himself in there while game 4 happens.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. She's one of like nearly 70 party members you can acquire. So not really a big deal that she has a poor stat growths and is mostly useless, though she is a part of the smallest team in the game where you don't often have many alternative units to use in her stead for much of the game.
Whoops, failed to include.
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.
She's both a bad character, and one of the worst units in the series. Bad growths (level up stats) on top of wierdly apportioned growths (she favors speed over defense and strength). If you level her you end up with a general, the top on foot armored unit, that has both the usual drawbacks of the class (poor movement range, weak magic defense) but none of the upsides (absurd defense and attack power). She becomes a slow to move, low defense, low attack, but fast attack speed character. You drag her around slowly, she multi hits but for zero damage, then dies quickly where a general would be useful at a bottleneck.

On top of all that you'll have wasted tons of xp and items on her and not realized it till it was too late.

As just noted you do have a lot of characters that are fine, so she doesn't drag you down by existing.

Thanks for the clarifications. Funny I never knew this, since Path of Radiance was one of my favorite games on Gamecube, but I never got around to playing Radiant Dawn on Wii.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Angel-Marvel-Comics-X-Men-Worthington-Classic.jpg

Angel. Especially when he tried to come back in the Giant Size era on a team that already had Storm and Phoenix. His best move was "I'm going to fly over this guy and drop some random bullshit on him."

He became more useful with his Horseman upgrades.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Star Ocean 3's Roger
Roger6.jpg

Peppita, Nell and Albel at least all save your ass once. This fucker exists to annoy and drink the last of your milk in the fridge without telling you.
Adray may seem as useless as him, but he fathered Clair which is more than Roger can ever hope to do.
This dude must have been truly useless, because I beat Star Ocean 3 back in the day and have no idea who the fuck this boy is lmao.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hawkeye always seemed like too easy a target to me. He's pretty dope. I've been sold on him since he shot a Chitauri down in Avengers without even looking where he was firing lol he's just really damn good at what he does.

I nominate Ash Ketchum, get that loser outta here.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A couple members of S.T.A.R.S. in Resident Evil are total noobs who get killed by basic enemies. Forest gets killed by crows, Joseph and Edward get killed by dogs but the worst is absolutely Kenneth who gets killed by a single zombie lmao. I still love them all though.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Luca from Ar Tonelico 2

1476ef11707ab145ddae91af0b3627f6.jpg

Without spoiling too much, she's actively part of the problem as far as the story goes and she's 1 of 3 reyvateils in the game.

You can only use 2 reyvateils and your choices are:
- Cloche who has access to a satellite that can gather the chant of hundreds of people and give you a ridiculous temporary power boost
- Mir who is an almighty immortal ancient 'goddess' who can call upon the tower of a distant land to unleash unseen before destruction using one of the strongest song in existence
- Luca... who has no special ability at all.

She's the weakest of the 3 and everyone hates her because she pulls a major dick move.

This dude must have been truly useless, because I beat Star Ocean 3 back in the day and have no idea who the fuck this boy is lmao.
You probably told him to piss off the moment you met him (which is exactly what everyone should do)

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Finished watching The Zack Cut.

I don't know what Fishman did the entire movie.

He kept saying "this is a bad Idea" and flipped his hair around alot and poked a few aliens with his fork. Seriously, in the final battle he kills like 5 aliens total. To be fair though, dry land is not exactly his expertise.