• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 30, 2017
Playing a Thorek Ironbrow campaign currently and Tehenehuin was controlling one of the artifact location. When I entered into a Military Alliance with him I got the artifact from that settlement. If I remember correctly I also had a Defensive ally conquer a settlement with an artifact and I also received it.
Military Alliance will get you it. I don't think anything less counts

Also you can only get the final artifact(purple rune) after the final battle in Vortex which will reward the two materials.
It can take a few turns for the artifact to pop if you're a defensive ally with someone. I allied with Lybaras, didn't get the artifact from Lahmia for 3-5 turns.

Thanks! Gifts galore then. Diplomacy score is in the 30s

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Some Nurgle,Tzeetch, Slanesh concept art in here also that next time we get WH3 news will be Cathay in September
www.totalwar.com

What’s next for Total War: WARHAMMER III - Total War

Welcome back to TotalWar.com! Today we’re giving you some information about what you will see next for Total War: WARHAMMER III. Rather than leave you in silence (& fury), we wanted to tell you we’re taking a break from WARHAMMER III news over the course of the next month or so. No major...

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Some Nurgle,Tzeetch, Slanesh concept art in here also that next time we get WH3 news will be Cathay in September
www.totalwar.com

What’s next for Total War: WARHAMMER III - Total War

Welcome back to TotalWar.com! Today we’re giving you some information about what you will see next for Total War: WARHAMMER III. Rather than leave you in silence (& fury), we wanted to tell you we’re taking a break from WARHAMMER III news over the course of the next month or so. No major...
I guess this confirms Troy DLC is coming in August
I can't wait for Troy in steam.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Isn't there a mobile game as well, I thought it could be that as well
I highly doubt wh3 marketing would be paused for a month for just a mobile game. I don't think mobile games have a lot of overlap with desktop.

Troy on the other hand is a direct competitor to other total war titles. With EGS probably killing a lot of momentum the steam release is a chance for CA to reach a higher costumer base and give the game the focus it deserves.

Feb 12, 2019
So this news that there's no news for two months makes me increasingly convinced they're gonna delay it or the game is gonna launch hot in like December. I guess it depends on how much CA is committed to their annual release schedule and how afraid they are of cannibalizing whatever 2022's game is.

That Herald of Tzeentch concept art is A++ though.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
So this news that there's no news for two months makes me increasingly convinced they're gonna delay it or the game is gonna launch hot in like December. I guess it depends on how much CA is committed to their annual release schedule and how afraid they are of cannibalizing whatever 2022's game is.

That Herald of Tzeentch concept art is A++ though.
Part of me would enjoy it being delayed. My PC has a lot of blue screens of death due to one of my MB Ram slots being broken.
I want to buy a new Pc but I want the 4000 sereis as the 3000 are a bit too expensive for my possibility at this time.

Oct 30, 2017
Part of me would enjoy it being delayed. My PC has a lot of blue screens of death due to one of my MB Ram slots being broken.
I want to buy a new Pc but I want the 4000 sereis as the 3000 are a bit too expensive for my possibility at this time.

Kinda same feels and situation on the PC. I have a 970. Bought a new CPU, RAM, MoBo last year still waiting on the 3000s to cheapen a bit. 3070Ti with LHR in my country has fallen to about $1000. Hopefully that trend continues but the chip shortage is prob gonna last for another 1-2 years. Not sure the 4000 series will help the price.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Are the bad guys in ME stronger this patch?
In my Oxotly campaign all of Lustria is Skaven or Vampire Coast, Ulthuan is taken by Morathi and Grom and the Empire is really struggling against the Vampire Counts.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
They do seem to be doing pretty good, though I've mainly been playing Vortex the past few Campaigns. With Thorek Ironbrow it was just Malekith, Morathi and Rakarth left in Naggarond and Ulthuan, with Mazdamundi hanging on by a thread pretty much.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
When you land that overcast Foot of Gork in the middle of a literal ball of empire troops and kill over 600 of them. I missed this game so much.

0zYBVQb.jpeg

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Are the bad guys in ME stronger this patch?
In my Oxotly campaign all of Lustria is Skaven or Vampire Coast, Ulthuan is taken by Morathi and Grom and the Empire is really struggling against the Vampire Counts.
The evil factions, at least Naragord and Vampire Counts, have been consistently stronger on the campaign map for a year or two. I'm currently playing Thorek's campaign, and the top strongest factions are Naragord, Sylvania, Empire, Itza, Clan Skryre, and World Walkers.

I find the power balance on the campaign map is better now. In the past, most of the time I had an ordertide where the good factions band together, making it a total pain in the ass if I was playing as an evil faction.

Oct 30, 2017
Beastmen are my 3rd officially completed campaign. And I am now on the side that says they either need a nerf or make the AI better at countering the bloodgrounds mechanics. I was playing on N/N. Steamroll starts early. Midgame you are mainly autoresolving already. You get a few racist autoresolves. Pulling stats out of my ass but i think maybe 80% of battles was were mostly autoresolve.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I see auto resolve still needs some work. Got a close defeat outcome as Lizardmen vs. Vampire Coast. Good 'ole Luthor had like one melee zombie unit, three rifle units, and about ten bombers. I had a full stack army and a garrison. Won with like 200 losses.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I am home and have been using oxyotl in ME in a Co op campaign. I have to say that I have been sabotaging most evil factions allowing order factions to dominate most of the map.
Really cool!
I see auto resolve still needs some work. Got a close defeat outcome as Lizardmen vs. Vampire Coast. Good 'ole Luthor had like one melee zombie unit, three rifle units, and about ten bombers. I had a full stack army and a garrison. Won with like 200 losses.

I hope one day CA abolish autoresolve and gets a new way to simulate battles.
Imo the problem is that AR assumes missile units can fire most of their ammunition which leads to ranged factions having a better AR then they should.
In WH there is also the problem of expendable units worsening the AR which severely harms factions like skaven and vampire counts which need early expendable units to serve as meatshield. Also in WH AR loves dealing damage to artillery and SEM.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
I am home and have been using oxyotl in ME in a Co op campaign. I have to say that I have been sabotaging most evil factions allowing order factions to dominate most of the map.
Really cool!

Yeah, it's pretty different in that sense, but it does get kind of ridiculous once you have your economy rolling (i.e. having taken care of the Dark Elves and maybe managed to get trade rolling with the Elves/other Lizardmen and maybe even starting to expand to Lustria.

After you get the skill that gives Oxy 1 gem per turn + you do all the missions in each set, you can have a ridiculous amount of sanctums. Then you can start popping them every couple of turns in the northeast corner of the map - where your actual enemies (i.e. who you need to take out to win) are. Why? There's a building that gives you a 25% (upgrades to 33% I think) chance of triggering an ambush everytime an enemy army sets foot on the region. Now, it's not a proper stack (mostly Skinks & Sauruses) but it is enough to take out a lot of those annoying 5-9 unit armies that would otherwise run around the map. A lot easier to focus on getting the main armies out.

I ended up actually clearing Norscans out completely for the first time ever. I didn't bother with settling any of the chaos waste areas (since there's continuous corruption + you can't build proper defenses in most places.) Had a base of operations in Hells Keep for recruiting & replenishment, and otherwise I just popped around with Oxy. The capstone building you can put in sanctum is also very good, since that enables you to have a second fixed spot you can jump into.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'mma try a Tiktaqto ME game and go full on Coatl doomstack. He gets nice buffs to our new lizardbird friends.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
I finally played a new beastmen campaign today (Taurox / Vortex) and... I don't know. They are certainly strong and Taurox in particular gets ridiculous due to the momentum mechanic (to the point that everything else but the way you can replenish movement with it is futile,) but there's not just a lot in there aside from that.

There's no point in doing anything but concentrating your forces on taking one blood ground at a time (well, until your main army gets so OP it can do everything alone.) Due to how the system works, there's also no incentive to do any "city planning" with your different armies - it's better to just everyone up on the main building tree + the one that gives you dread every turn (and then worrying about anything else afterwards.)

Also since the leveled up herdstones give you a lot of the needed recruitment, there's no real need to build any of those on your armies (since you're most likely always in or near a region where you have a herdstone) until you get to some of the dlc stuff. Even then you will most likely already have the RoR's available, so there's no rush to build something that gives you a Jabberslythe, for example. Only when you'll start making your armies "thematic" to their LL (i.e. overpowered like a bunch of Mino's for Taurox, Spawns for Morghur etc.) will you need to think about that.

I didn't really watch any of the beastmen videos beforehand that much, so everything I did I figured on my own - this tells me they need to do some tuning.

The final battle was pretty cool though (as was the quest battle for Taurox' axes since
SPORCTACUS
made an appearance)

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Saw this on Youtube and reddit and thought it was pretty interesting. In a supplement for the current Warhammer Roleplay game they introduced a new character from Cathay: Lady of the Commandery Yabo Chao, Weijin's Venerable Ambassador

It's mostly fluff but it does also mention "Her honour guard, a regiment of Celestial Dragon Monks", which is almost certainly going to be a unit, right? Here's the full text: https://old.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/os1iue/cathayan_character_in_the_altdorf_crown_of_the/

Plus I think her design is really cool, hope to see her in the game in some fashion.
k2crf9ymvkd71.jpg

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
Saw this on Youtube and reddit and thought it was pretty interesting. In a supplement for the current Warhammer Roleplay game they introduced a new character from Cathay: Lady of the Commandery Yabo Chao, Weijin's Venerable Ambassador

It's mostly fluff but it does also mention "Her honour guard, a regiment of Celestial Dragon Monks", which is almost certainly going to be a unit, right? Here's the full text: https://old.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/os1iue/cathayan_character_in_the_altdorf_crown_of_the/

Plus I think her design is really cool, hope to see her in the game in some fashion.
k2crf9ymvkd71.jpg

good find! Very excited to see what a new faction created from basically no source material. August will be a long wait.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Cathay has a ton of potential as the first basically-CA-original faction. Like, yes, they technically existed and there were a few details there but so much of the lore and the roster is going to be fleshed out for the first time in TWH3.

Wait, this means that they can canonize Zheng Jiang. DO IT CA YOU COWARDS

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
I was super worried about the GW fan creation stuff getting in WH2 and 3's way, nice to hear that it won't.

Can't just ruin one of your best ways to gain more fans.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I haven't had time to comment much here. I want to say that beastman rework is really fucking good.
It has addressed all my issues with horde game play.

That said CA overcorrected the beastman. I am like turn 12 or there abouts and have access to tier 3 roster... CA needs to make the beastman take quite a few more turns to unlock the tier 3 units.

Mechanically speaking I really where beastman are. The bloodground thing is genius. Wh3 big campaign can't get here quickly enough so I can play beastman alongside demons, would be cool!

The wait for Troy is figuratively killing me. I want to play with lernie

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The Beastmen rework is very well done indeed but they ended up overtuned.
I think the biggest issue is that it's almost impossible to experience significant setbacks.
I'm playing Malagor right now and got overconfident with a newly recruited army against the Dwarfs. The army got wipped out but it didn't matter at all.
There's no recruitment cost so you get a full stack back in a couple turns. Tomb Kings have a similar issue but at least they can lose access to units if the recruitment buildings get destroyed.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Warhammer 2 is my most played game ever siting at almost 900hs.
If it weren't for Troy I'd probably reach 1000h before wh3.

After beastman became fun I really hope CA can also add God focused gors/units. I would really enjoy if beastman got access to the minotaur of khorne. I think it would be amazing game play wise and lore wise for Taurox to use those minos.

I wonder if nurgle, Tzeetch and slanesh also got a beastman unit. Tzench and slanesh gors are really cool model wise, IMO.

so what do you think? should the current beastman continue undivided or receive mono god units?

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
I would prefer beastman remain undivided. The marked ones don't fit that well to the beastman aesthetic(okay Khorne probably fits fine) and you either run into a problem of the marked versions being better or having tons of minor variations of the same unit. Maybe someone like Moghur can access to marked ones.

I prefer marked units to be in Monogod factions and would like a beastman unit(s) in each one to show the unification of chaos around a single god and how they were transformed to fit that god. Not particular about which one but I imagine it won't just be the gors given what Khorne got.

I wouldn't like it either if both got it. Chaos factions already share a bit and I rather they try to keep them a bit more distinct

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
I wouldn't mind a system where you can upgrade certain Beastmen units to a god version (ie. Khornegor, Pestigor, etc.) using something similar to how Greenskins upgrade with scrap. However, you cannot have upgraded units of different gods in the same army (ie. so if you upgrade to Pestigors, then the only upgraded units you can have in that army have to be Nurgle-aligned).

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
Wow, Legend is streaming with a mod (recruit defeated LLs) because he said he's running out of things to do.
Wild to think that after all this time, WH2's time is almost done. To follow the prior comment, I've got >2400 hours. Once WH3 comes out, I don't think I'll go back. Especially when the combined map campaign is out. I think they can easily get 4-5 more years out of it.

Olorin

Oct 27, 2017
1200 hours checking in!

Speaking of Mods, the new SFO update comes out today. Looking forward to that. Have not played since S&F release day.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I'm at 1600ish

I'll force myself to uninstall and then crack and reinstall and play half a campaign on legendary and get burnt and uninstall again until I reinstall again

and whew boy I can't touch multiplayer anymore because that could burn another couple hundred hours

Imagine if they didn't 1/10th ass it

I'm pretty sure I'm a recovering addict when it comes to this game

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, Legend is streaming with a mod (recruit defeated LLs) because he said he's running out of things to do.
Wild to think that after all this time, WH2's time is almost done. To follow the prior comment, I've got >2400 hours. Once WH3 comes out, I don't think I'll go back. Especially when the combined map campaign is out. I think they can easily get 4-5 more years out of it.
And yeah,

(apologies for the double post but I don't think people get pinged if you edit their comment in)

dude probably has like 10-12k hours in at this point. That's literally why I use that mod -- because if I had 10k hours, I'd play everything, but it's hard to justify not getting a taste of everyone when you're not doing it for a living

(says the guy with 1.6k hours)

(and I bought it late)

Honestly, I'm considering holding off on TWWH3 for a while simply because I know that the time investment is going to be poison

I need like, a schedule of content I can stick to that I know I won't save scum to get through things at max efficiency

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
New patch is up

There is also a beta patch that changes how cavalry works. It seemingly increases Cavalry colision damage to unbraced infantry units alongside making models that fell stay longer on the ground.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Very understandable. Excited to see Cathay. Based on what they did with Kiskev I have high expectations.

And now you'll be able to play it on the shitter on the steam deck at release! I'll easily double my TWW2 hours. Rest of the year is quite stacked anyway.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Good to hear that. A delay really helped Three Kingdoms as well and that game turned out to be a blast.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
don't mind. Literal torrent of stuff coming out so it'll be nice to have it early 2022 as a palette cleanse. Can't wait.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
WH3_Delay_Message_FINAL.jpg

Sad but expected.

But hey! Grand Cathay tomorrow!
I'll be honest and say I am happy it got delayed.
I hope CA really pushes wh3. The bigger the map the better.
Imo there is a chance for a game that can have enough content for decades. I would really like for the snakeman of hinterlands, nippon, etc got a chance at being part of the game

I can't wait for Cathay

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Understandable, excited to get Cathay info finally.

Wonder if they'll do a Rakarth scenario in the long gap. There's a random db entry left and I could totally see it being in case of delay