• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Health officials in the Canadian city of Toronto have warned that as many as 550 people may have been exposed to the coronavirus at a downtown strip club after an employee tested positive for the virus.

The potential exposure took place just days after the Brass Rail Tavern, one of the city's best-known strip clubs, was allowed to re-open. The employee worked four shifts in early August, the city said in a statement, without detailing the capacity in which the employee worked.

"You know how long it's going to take them to chase down 550 guys, half of which probably gave fake ID or information," Andrew Morris, a professor of infectious diseases at the University of Toronto told the Associated Press.

Ontario's premier weighed in on Friday. "There are 500 people – you've got to practice social distancing, you've got to put on a mask – I know it sounds ironic talking about that – you have to," Doug Ford told reporters.

"I feel sorry for people when they go to their house and tell them that they were at the Brass Rail," he quipped. "That's who I feel sorry for. Sorry for the spouse, seriously. Man, I wouldn't want to be on the end of that one."

Others questioned the decision to allow such establishments to open as the province grapples with a pandemic that has seen more than 40,000 people test positive to-date. "Why are strip clubs open before schools can safely open? Are these the right priorities?" Ontario doctor Jennifer Kwan wrote on Twitter.

The Brass Rail did not respond to a request for comment. But the Toronto Star noted that the club had posted a message on its front door. "During this time, we are continuing operations while upholding the highest possible hygiene standards with our staff," it read. "This is our main priority while we provide our guests with the hospitality and customer service that they have become accustomed to."

www.theguardian.com

Canada: 550 people exposed to Covid-19 at Toronto strip club

Potential exposure took place just days after the Brass Rail Tavern, one of the city’s best-known strip clubs, was allowed to reopen

550 people in 1 day by 1 person?

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
in love with a skripper x 550?

unless it was the door guy, i guess that could also be a easy bottleneck.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Doug Ford is just warming up and getting the province ready for September when he allows school to reopen.
That's going to be a disaster of epic proportions.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
There have been a number of cases where a Super spreader has suspected to occur with COVID-19. For some reason health officials are rather shy about talking about this.
Every time I see super spreader, it reminds me of this thing.
latest

Oct 25, 2017
Exposure doesn't mean they were all infected, it's just the number of people who were in the building over a few days

Hopefully they all go for tests

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I know Covid is no laughing matter but
"I feel sorry for people when they go to their house and tell them that they were at the Brass Rail," he quipped. "That's who I feel sorry for. Sorry for the spouse, seriously. Man, I wouldn't want to be on the end of that one."

Has me in stitches

Oct 25, 2017
I know Covid is no laughing matter but

Has me in stitches

www.thebeaverton.com

550 Toronto men tell wives they are getting COVID tests “for no particular reason”

TORONTO - Following a Toronto Public Health advisory stating that an employee at the Brass Rail strip club tested positive for COVID-19, 550 men have informed their wives that they have been thinking a lot about the importance of a robust testing strategy to combat the pandemic, and how maybe it...

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because they're open....

That is to say, the question is: why the fuck are strip clubs open in the middle of a pandemic jfc

Not to try and further marginalize sex workers, but strip clubs seem like a petri dish
i mean if the state is letting them stay open then obviously they will be open

i just can't get in the mind set of "man, strip club's open, pandemic is still happening, idgaf!"

i understand Canada has had this all way more under control but still lol

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Doug Ford is just warming up and getting the province ready for September when he allows school to reopen.
That's going to be a disaster of epic proportions.
We're heading back to square one at most 1 month after, when stage 1 shows up and kills any other small business that have managed to pull through. :\

Oct 25, 2017
i mean if the state is letting them stay open then obviously they will be open

i just can't get in the mind set of "man, strip club's open, pandemic is still happening, idgaf!"

i understand Canada has had this all way more under control but still lol
Calling Ontario a state seems appropriate at times

And man, there are tons of covid skeptics or people who believe but don't care. If you build it they will come

minus_me

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone kindly explain to me how the fuck strip clubs are still open?

A strip club is technically a bar and since bars are open they are as well.

Strip clubs are opened in Quebec and British Columbia as far as I'm concerned and other provinces I'm guessing as well.

Edit: There are rules for all bars to follow.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Also, already a thread on this

www.resetera.com

City of Toronto warns hundreds may have been exposed to COVID-19 COVID

Just wanted to give a warning to my fellow Torontonians the city has issued a warning that hundreds may have been exposed. I was actually surprised the Brass Rail was open but I guess with everything opening up strip clubs are open for buisness as well.
And this thread proves my post in that thread correct.

Notice how this thread was ignored? The title should've been "City of Toronto warns hundreds may have been exposed to COVID-19 at strip club". lol

neoak

Oct 25, 2017

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how many people have been infected in these fine establishments in the USA. Granted I think most should be closed.