• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Save Torchlight
Legions of twisted creatures, emboldened by Ember, have begun to swarm up from the caves below the sleepy enclave of Torchlight. In this critically acclaimed Action-RPG, you'll choose from three powerful heroes to adventure the depths for endless treasure and glory. Your adventure is unique, through randomly generated environments with new monsters, treasures, puzzles, and items each time.
Created by Runic Games | Published by Perfect World Entertainment

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like TL1 and 2 have to have been free at some point well before this. Or at least incredibly cheap.

Odd get.

DanteRavenkin

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
though Torchlight has the pedigree of the Co-designers of Diablo, I still prefer Fate. I wish that would get updated for the current age.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that Torchlight would be chosen as the free game.
While it's an incredible game (absolutely adore Torchlight 1), it's a game that's been in the humble indie bundle #6 which you could pick up for a whopping $1.00, and it was also sold previously for below $3.00 during various sales). My point is that most anyone who wanted it, has likely gotten it.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Torchlight 1/2 are fairly worthless but good games at least?

Anyway here's a torchlight 2 key to prove my point
V35D2-KLK5F-YQCFH

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
The pattern is pretty obvious at this point, Torchlight Legends will be Epic exclusive. F2p mmo from Perfect world using the torchlight IP.

It is a bit puzzling, the shall we say appeal of the free games has dropped off since Subnautica, Slime Rancher and Axiom Verge. Epic can't be struggling to find games willing to be given away for free with the large cheque that follows, maybe the exclusivity for the next game that comes with it has become a harder sell.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that Torchlight would be chosen as the free game.
While it's an incredible game (absolutely adore Torchlight 1), it's a game that's been in the humble indie bundle #6 which you could pick up for a whopping $1.00, and it was also sold previously for below $3.00 during various sales). My point is that most anyone who wanted it, has likely gotten it.

That's been my impression of most of the stuff they've given out apart from the first few.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fucking love TL2. Beat the main story with every class and a bunch of times with mods.
The class variety was just so good.
My favourite ones were a wand wielding Outlander (due to the high focus permanently double attacking, insane glaive damage and so on) and a cannon wielding summoning Engineer (my pet had only summoning spells, I had every bot + the spiders, and the cannon rightklick ability was insane, too. It was so, so good). It was really refreshing compared to D3s dull as hell rune system.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
well, giveaways til the end of the year... Torchlight 1 is what i would realistically expect on a given week (not a knock on the game, but i think i got T2 for like $5 in 2015 or something)

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Not sure where to post this but anyone else having major issues with the Epic Game Store? I've been trying for days to be about to download the Beyond Two Souls demo and all I get is an error message that says "Product Activation Failed". Any idea why?