• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
saw a thread for Hob on Switch, but this deserves its own thread too

[Panic Button] is also working on an enhanced version of Torchlight II, which will launch on consoles this fall. Soon console players will be able to discover why this classic ARPG dungeon crawler became such a fan-favorite when Runic Games released it on PC in 2012. Additional details on Torchlight II will be revealed soon.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/331864-pr-hob-the-definitive-edition-coming-to-nintendo-switch-on-apr

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
That's super cool, but if it doesn't have mod support I think I'll stick with the Steam version.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
If it has couch co-op I'm instantly sold.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Loved it on PC even though I never managed to finish it....I probably would be interested in this version if the price is right.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Weird timing, considering that Torchlight Frontiers is coming out soon (on PC at least, but they've indicated that will come to consoles as well). Would be nice if they ported gamepad support back to the PC version for Torchlight 2.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Torchlight II is wonderful, but Panic Button's considerable talents are wasted on this port. Game runs on a toaster. Even my old ASUS netbook (which could just barely run Team Fortress 2) didn't have too much of a problem with it back in the day.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
YES! Wonderful news, always preferred Torchlight to Diablo, hopefully it has local co-op a la Diablo 3

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! The console port of the first Torchlight was amazing. Day one purchase, day zero purchase if it gets local co-op.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
The mod community for this game is insane. Console versions are missing out on a ton here, but I suppose the option is nice?

kaf

Technical Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it adds some graphical flair to the game like Torchlight for XBLA did. That was a great port

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Torchlight is a lot of fun-but I'm trying to understand the article-does it specifically mention if it's coming to switch?

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY

I've LOVED what I played of Torchlight 2, but I never get into it more because it's on PC. Glad it's coming to consoles, hope it's releasing physically.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Please tell me they're patching the PC version to support pad and couch co-op. Need a fix like this and Diablo 3 on PC with pad support.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Awesome game! If you own a pc I strongly recommend the pc version because of mods tho. The community made some great mods for this game!

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
This game is great fun, and I'd love to double dip, depending on whether "consoles" covers the very small selection of consoles I own (1).
Any idea which consoles?

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
Replayed Torchlight 2 in December and had a good time with it. Would be nice if whatever they have planned for the console rerelease also made it to the PC version. Adding controller support on PC would be especially nice. I have never really prefered the mouse-driven controls in these games for both movement and interactions.

plusaflag

User requested ban
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Everytime I read something about Panic Button, it's positive. Those people sure have it in them.
That gives me hope for a Subnautica port on Switch.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I KNEW MY WAITING WOULD BE REWARDED ONE DAY!

I loved Torchlight 2 but hated my crappy computer than made running it a chore. So glad I can play this on console soon.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Dude.

This day literally gets better and better. I played the fuck out of both on PC, and I was devastated when Runic went under. I'll gladly get this day one

DarkStream

Oct 27, 2017
Dope. Just thought about Torchlight while playing Grim Dawn yesterday.
Btw. there is a new Grim Dawn Expansion out. Awesome game. ;-)

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
This was actually planned for Xbox 360 years ago, but Microsoft refused to increase their download limit & treated it as some sort of Arcade title & not a full game, good times.

spool

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this means gamepad support is coming to PC, but if not, I'll double dip on console. I've wanted to replay this game for a while now.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Played this ages ago, and from what i remember there wasn't really any endgame to speak of like Maps in PoE and Rifts in D3. Is this still true today? Obviously, with mods you can improve this.