• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best/Iconic/Memorable Rogue's Gallery

• Batman

Votes: 832 77.9%
  • Spiderman

Votes: 236 22.1%

• Total voters

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I'd go Spider-Man, and a lot of y'all are downplaying his rogues gallery I feel

Green Goblin killing Gwen Stacy>Over anything the Joker has ever done to Bruce
Doc Ock took over Peter's body
Kraven buried him and inpersonated him as well

Spider-Man's villains are personal, and I dig that more

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They both have really good rogues galleries, as does Flash, but I'd say Batman's is definitely better.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Spidey:

Kingpin
Green Goblin
Venom
Doc Ock
Mysterio
Black Cat
Kraven
Carnage
Vulture
Sandman
Lizard
Morbius
Hobgoblin
Scorpion
Electro
Rhino
Mr. Negative

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I much prefer Spidey's. Bruce has a couple of the true greats but quality dips fast, the Spider bench goes a lot deeper before you start hitting the trash.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
kobeofjfkmw1gz409x6e.jpg

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
It's Batman. That rogue's gallery is stacked with villains that large swaths of the general population can name. Hell, my mom can name most of the big ones. Spidey has comics' #2 collection of villains.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
i prefer the Spider-Man villains but i also recognize Batman's villains have been on display a lot longer because DC whoops marvels ass when it comes to tv dating back to the Batman / Adam West show

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Aside from Venom, Spider-Man's rogues gallery always felt like a parade of glorified Power Rangers villains to me.

Like, how many animal-themed bad guys can a hero fight before it becomes satire.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
This isn't even close. Spider-Man and Superman are a good debate for second, but not hero has the variety and depth as Batman as well as the amount of great to really good stories featuring them. What other hero could you name a top 10 and feel like you aren't even halfway through the best/most popular? Only Batman. And he's got an argument for best villain as well as a few that are in the discussion for top 10.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
It's Batman, but the question is more fun with stipulations.

Example: best rogue's gallery discounting all furries and clowns.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

All those are great examples. Kraven's Last Hunt gives me chills

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Batman. Not even close. Spider-Man undeniably has a few great villains and I love him to death as a character, but I don't care for his world that much. Batman's suppporting cast and villains are all compelling to me.

Joker, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Mister Freeze, Riddler (especially the Arkham version), Bane (when he's written properly), Catwoman, Harley (before the New 52 happened), Two-Face, COURT OF OWLS? It's not even fair.

Mysterio's fucking cool, though.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
I love Spider-Man's rogue gallery but the answer is Batman. Batman's rogue gallery is just so stacked that even his secondary villains are really interesting.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I feel like Spider-Man and The Flash have a more comparable rogues gallery than Spidey and Batman. They're both on the goofier side but can be interesting if a good writer is attached. But for this poll I chose Batman.

Oct 27, 2017
Batman easily. Spiderman has a great gallery, but Batman has so many characters that could be considered iconic just based on their visuals alone. The design and combination of story and personality with them all is very distinct.

Azzazel

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's ok to believe that Batman's rogues are better than Spideys but mocking the question like its a given just shows how little people actually know about Spiderman's villains.

Deleted member 2085

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's ok to believe that Batman's rogues are better than Spideys but mocking the question like its a given just shows how little people actually know about Spiderman's villains.
Pretty much.
I like Batman's villains but outside of Joker and Bane, I've seen nothing really substantial coming from the rest of his rogue's gallery in the past decade.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Both have awesome rogues gallery, but Joker's spotlight stealing shtick kinda tainted him for me

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
I like Batman's villains but outside of Joker and Bane, I've seen nothing really substantial coming from the rest of his rogue's gallery in the past decade.
Not even Scarecrow being the big bad for most of Arkham Knight? And a pretty effective one at that before he got pushed aside.

The Court of Owls and Batman Who Laughs are also new additions that've become fairly popular. The Court are the best new Batman villains in years by a long shot. BWL is basically edgelord guff but his design is fucking striking at least.

Also Harley is like, everywhere right now.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I voted for Batman. I really like how easily his rogues gallery has shined when used in different universes in the hands of different writers over the decades. Joker in the comics is a great villain, as is Joker in the Nolan films, Joker in the DCAU, Joker in The Batman, and Joker in the 60s TV series. Ra's al Ghul is great in the comics, as is Ra's al Ghul in the DCAU and Nolan films. All are vastly different takes on the character, but remain faithful in all the right ways, and are great arch villains to their respective Batmen. And simply put, many of my favorite comic book villains belong to Batman, down to a C or D list level (I'm talking guys like Ratcatcher, Firefly, Ventriloquist, and Cluemaster who are memorable adversaries).

Deleted member 2085

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not even Scarecrow being the big bad for most of Arkham Knight? And a pretty effective one at that before he got pushed aside.

The Court of Owls and Batman Who Laughs are also new additions that've become fairly popular. The Court are the best new Batman villains in years by a long shot. BWL is basically edgelord guff but his design is fucking striking at least.

Also Harley is like, everywhere right now.
Didn't play Arkham Knight. But that's good that Scarecrow got more of a spotlight.

Court of Owls was a big threat for the first two arcs of Batman during the N52 but have been having on and off appearances since. The last time I saw them was during the first issue of Metal and the top members were killed by multiple nightmare versions of Robin.
Batman Who Laughs is more of a villain to the Justice League than Batman himself.

Harley has moved on from simply being a Batman villain for a while now. Hell, if you ask me, I think she's successfully moving away from Joker's shadow.

As of right now, Bane has been the main antagonist for most of the current comic book ongoing with Joker here and there.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more familiar with Spiderman's rogues/villains so I gotta go with Spidey..

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Aside from Venom, Spider-Man's rogues gallery always felt like a parade of glorified Power Rangers villains to me.

Like, how many animal-themed bad guys can a hero fight before it becomes satire.

That's a pretty bad place to draw the line in this thread. lol

Firefly
Killer Croc
Killer Moth
Man-Bat
Penguin
Poison Ivy (I guess this one is borderline. heh)

The newest baddie added to his roster is also an entire guild full of Owl dudes. heh.

It makes sense for both heroes to have animal based villains because....they are animal-themed heroes!

I think it's actually pretty close for me, but I personally prefer Spidey's gallery more.
The Batman villians usually just lean too much into the crazy for me, and I like the more personal connections you see
with Peter and his rogues.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
If we're looking top to bottom, I'm curious how the respective bottom tiers stack up to each other.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Batman easily imo

Batman:
Bane
Catwoman
Clayface
Deadshot
Harley Quinn
Joker
Killer Croc
Mr Freeze
Penguin
Poison Ivy
Ra's al Ghul
Riddler
Scarecrow
Two-Face
Victor Zsasz

Spiderman:
Chameleon
Vulture
Doc Ock
Sandman
Electro
Mysterio
Green Goblin
Kraven
Rhino
Kingpin
Venom
Morbius
Carnage
Thanks.

Laid out like that, it's closer than people are saying imo though I do think Batman's is better and that's largely due to TAS characterisation of his villains.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017

Killing Jason Todd and Disabling Batgirl vs GG killing one Gwen Stacy 🤔 oh and super recent involving Bane: BIG SPOILERS
Killing Alfred
Joker has basically taken over his body in multiple iterations
Hush has done something similar.