• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017

10. Pixel Rippled 1989
9. Déraciné
8. The Exorcist: Legion VR
7. Wipeout Omega Collection VR Update
6. Beat Saber
5. The Persistence
4. Tetris Effect
3. Firewall: Zero Hour
2. Moss
1. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission

Oct 27, 2017
Astro Bot is currently $20 at Best Buy ($16 with Gamer's Club). Looking forward to getting it and Borderlands 2 VR.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the video it really hits home what a good year this was for the PSVR. Easily my favourite platform for gaming right now.

I own all of these games except 10, 8 and 6, and all of them are among my favourite games of the year.

Oct 27, 2017
Some Déraciné love. Only games I haven' played on that list are Exorcist VR and Pixel Ripped. I'm also tempted by Creed, it's apparently quite decent.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, PSVR has great library, and more is coming. If I remember correctly, Shuhei mentioned Sony is focused on on delivering larger and longer VR experiences, not short games.

I'm still waiting for Moss to go on any kind of sale.
https://i.imgur.com/HRj9QYv.jpg

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Best PSVR year so far. Only played half the games but interested in trying the other half when I can.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
For Christmas I've got PSVR and half of that list to look forward to, so that bodes well. And also Statik and a bunch of free stuff like The Last Guardian's VR demo, Anywhere VR, The Playroom and Allumette.

Actually I'm surprised they didn't mention Statik, given how well received it is. That game seems to get majorly overlooked in general.

wapplew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For Christmas I've got PSVR and half of that list to look forward to, so that bodes well. And also Statik and a bunch of free stuff like The Last Guardian's VR demo, Anywhere VR, The Playroom and Allumette.

Actually I'm surprised they didn't mention Statik, given how well received it is. That game seems to get majorly overlooked in general.

Game come out last year.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I just got a PSVR as a gift and am in the process of setting it up. Anything I should 100% own app wise?

Also, any idea how to get the Gold Headset not sounding horribly weak when plugged into the headset?

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
I wonder if IGN even played half of these..

Seriously though, PSVR had a killer year. Tetris Effect and Astro Bot were announced out of nowhere right before E3 and became two killer-apps.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
One 2018 release that I would've leapt on in a hot second if I had PlayStation Move controllers is Sprint Vector. Hot damn does that game appeal to my inner Jet Set Radio fanboy.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Beside well known titles like Astro Bot, Tetris Effect and Firewall, The Persistence got imo not enough attention.

It's an really exciting and well done sci-fi horror game made by former SCE Liverpool devs.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I really, really wanted to like Pixel Ripped, but from the hour I played, the gameboy in front of you is hard to see as it's pixelated, and it bugged me that the art style makes the size of the pixels really inconsistent. I should give it another go, maybe.

YAY ASTRO BOT !!!

Apenheul

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
A year ago I thought PSVR was all but abandoned and look at 2018, the platform was even heavily promoted and discounted growing the player base. My favorite VR game on PSVR is Beat Saber, I had already played this on the Vive which usually provides the better experience but Beat Saber just works so well with the move controllers that I actually prefer that version now, even though it doesn't feature custom soundtracks.

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It's heartening to see lists like these, but still disheartening to see so little mainstream VR coverage. :/

Last edited:

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Horus Station belongs on that list, Way more than some of the others anyway. Playing Horus in co-op with a buddy was just another level of immersion only VR can offer, Replaced Farpoint as my fave co-op game in VR.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
The Persistence seems like something of a hidden gem and it frequently gets recommended outside the mainstream VR coverage. I'm not going to start my VR journey fully until Christmas when I have some time off and I already have too much to play but hopefully I will get around to it eventually. Seems like my cuppa tea. Looking forward to play many of the games in the list in due time.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just a PSVR moss/Astro for Christmas and I already have so much content.

I have personally only spent $5 but get to experience the following since I either owned a lot of them or got them from my ps birthday gift

Astrobot
Bound
Rush of Blood
Resident Evil 7
Rigs
Here they Lie
Wipeout
Trackmania
GT Sport
PS VR worlds
Both VR demo disc
Playroom VR
Thumper
Statik

Now I need to just find some cheap moves so I can try beat saber and super hot

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
The Persistence seems like something of a hidden gem and it frequently gets recommended outside the mainstream VR coverage. I'm not going to start my VR journey fully until Christmas when I have some time off and I already have too much to play but hopefully I will get around to it eventually. Seems like my cuppa tea. Looking forward to play many of the games in the list in due time.
There's a game build demo of the Persistence coming on the 18th for you to try it out, The old demo is of an older build so the newer one will at least give you a taste of what to expect.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017

It's really really good, as long as you don't mind getting a bit stressed out every now and then. It's kind of tense.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just picked up a PSVR headset now that the library is pretty robust, but I have to say, I'm struggling to find lists of games coming in 2019 for it. Anyone know what noteable games are releasing next year for it?(besides Ace Combat).

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Damn impressive top ten man. I absolutely will eat crow on PSVR, I thought Sony would abandon it like all their other peripherals but they are doubling down. How it should be, always.

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
Damn impressive top ten man. I absolutely will eat crow on PSVR, I thought Sony would abandon it like all their other peripherals but they are doubling down. How it should be, always.

I think most people ate crow on it, myself included. Even the technology itself I thought would just be a screen pressed close to your face, I couldn't have been more wrong.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
I think most people ate crow on it, myself included. Even the technology itself I thought would just be a screen pressed close to your face, I couldn't have been more wrong.

That's the thing. If something has been repeated over and over about VR, is that you have to try it (Hopefully with games Like Tetris Effect, Astrobot or Beat Saber). There are a lot of people out there that think that VR is like having a 3D screen in front of you. Once you try it and you realize you are inside the game world is when it clicks.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How many of these games are on other vr platforms? I rarely see mention of other vr platforms.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Mmmm astrobot is $20 at best buy?

...google google...

Yup. There and gamestop. Welp. I guess I'll put my pants on and go.

Last edited: