• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
$5 little cesars pizza is a staple in the American diet and not because it tastes good. It's what's affordable

Oct 26, 2017
Literally the best pepperoni pizza you can get. I love the sweeter sauce they use.
48140769292_943111d689_b.jpg
That looks like someone took the parts to a pizza, put them in a box, and just shook them around.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I've never seen a Papa Johns anywhere near me in Ma. Same as Papa Ginos?Even then there are probably 10x as many Domino's.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Godfathers used to be more prevelant in the Seattle area 20 years ago when I moved here, but there are now only like 1 in Tacoma. Side note, it was also owned by Herman Cain.

In 1986, Pillsbury named Herman Cain CEO and president of the brand. Cain and Ronald B. Gartlan, the company's executive vice president, led a group to purchase the Godfather's brand from Pillsbury, which they did by the beginning of 1990 in a leveraged buyout[5] for what was reported to be $100 million. It was reported to be the fifth largest pizza chain in the United States at the time, down from third place in 1985.[5][6] About this time, many Godfather's locations in the St. Louis area were bought out by Pantera's Pizza.[7] Under Cain's leadership, Godfather's closed approximately 200 restaurants and eliminated several thousand jobs, and by doing so returned to profitability.[8] Cain stepped down from his position as CEO and president in 1996 and Gartlan became CEO. Cain stayed on as chairman until 2002. In 2009 Gartlan bought out Cain.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Papa Murphy's really is everywhere out here in the Seattle area. I've only had it a few times since I generally don't do fast food often, but I do appreciate the side effect of take and bake is that you can make last minute customizations to the pizza with stuff in your fridge or pantry before you bake it.

The last time I did Papa Murphy's I added a bag of mushrooms (we really like mushrooms) on the pizza and it felt a lot tastier/balanced meal for it.

Oct 28, 2017
California
At least my state didn't pick Papa John's.

I used to hate Little Caesar's with a passion years ago, but over the past few years their pizza has gotten a lot better, way better.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Little Caesars is so cheap that it's good. Crazy that you can get a large pepperoni pizza at a lower price than any meal off the menu at McDonalds

Oct 26, 2017
It's hard to beat $5 pizza that you can just get by walkin' into a Little Caesars, so I'm not surprised that it dominates that chart.

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
When it comes to big chains, I think Round Table is probably the best out of the mainstream offerings. Little Caesars sells cheap calories to broke college kids. It's garbage but I don't think it pretends not to be. That said, I avoid it like the plague these days.

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
I was in NY as a British tourist in the big blackout. We were vacationing there and my diabetic father went hypoglycaemic only the hotel room that had just shut down the power.

me and my sister (15,9) wandered the streets of New York trying to get my dad some food. We happened upon a rays pizza. As we got to the front of the very large queue he shut up shop. My sister, shouted at the shop and the large queue "thanks a LOT RAY'

will never forget it

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Uch, Papa John's for PA? I don't think I've once ever gone to one in all my time here. Maybe had some that other people bought, but it was nothing special, and then there's all the baggage that company has. The Pizza Huts I went to were always great, but then they closed all the ones near me.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that I've seen a Little Ceasars in well over a decade and it's the number one in the last two states I've lived in. All of the locations near me as a kid disappeared and that state has a different top chain.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of Little Caesars, but it's cheap and has fast delivery thanks to Doordash.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
I mean fucking Detroit had the nerve to name their hockey arena Little Caesars. Shits laughable(I smashed on little Caesar's in college)

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
Of the ones on the map, Godfather's is by far my favorite. But seriously stop shitting on Caesars. Yeah it's cheap but there are very few places that can match a Pepperoni pizza and an order or crazy bread.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I have a local pizza place that makes the BEST pizza I've ever had.

They also charge $15 for a pizza the size of a Little Caesar's Hot N Ready. While I do love their pizza, sometimes, I don't want to spend 3x the cost that I would just getting Little Caesar's...

There are local $5 places, maybe not where you are but in many other places just sayin

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
I'm so tired of these types of articles. 🙄

Here are all the Godfather's Pizza locations according to Google Maps. Zero in NY state. Closet ones are in
Ohio and Virginia. All those "Godfathers Pizza" locations in Ontario aren't even the same chain as the one in the U.S.

YgPfjUU.png
lmao I guess Godfather's Pizza is missing a fantastic opportunity since people in NY seem to love it so much and there is not a single store there

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I'm guessing Little Caesars is up there because of the $5 Hot n Ready. Last tine I had it I felt a little queasy. But if you can stomach it, it's not a bad deal.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I never agree with any of these maps but I guess I'll chalk it up to a rural/urban divide

chimpychi

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh.. VA went Papa John's.. Yuck. Thankfully I have local Italian place with pizza that puts big chains to shame..

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Godfathers is actually pretty good, but it's also the pizza that usually shows up in gas stations in Minnesota so it carries a stigma in my brain just from seeing the personal size pizzas there all the time.

There are very few areas that have them but Sarpino's is a really good chain. I think it's like almost entirely Chicago/Twin Cities/Kansas City?

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I'll defend Little Caesars until the end of the earth. Some days you just want cardboard covered in marinara sauce. I get Little Caesars like once a month

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
I was expecting Domino's with the amount of people I know of who order pizza. Shocking.

Little Caesar's is my preference, and I've been loving their thin-crust