• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That list was bad the moment they went with a damn side item as number one
Seriously, what the fuck. I get the cultish following but the waffle fries, as decent as they are, are nowhere near good enough to get the #1 spot. Really immediately took away any credibility this list might've had.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I must be crazy because I really see nothing special about Chick-Fil-A's waffle fries. Heck Wendy's or even BK are better (when fresh).

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
No white castle burgers or Carl Jr's criss-cut fries/double westerns? Man.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Grantland had all-star sportswriters, writers, thinkers, etc. of the older millennial or young Gen-X crowd. They had Wesley fucking Morris!

The Ringer is what happens when a dozen negative millennial stereotypes mutate themselves into a podcast feed and website.

In other words, it's what happens when you decide the best direction for a new website, coming off the heels of a critically-acclaimed website with some utter shit (Chris Ryan and Co.), is to cast off the good stuff and triple down on more Chris Ryan.

They didn't cast off the good stuff. ESPN retained a lot of the good stuff, after making the decision to can't Grantland. If Simmons brought over the people that DIDN'T end up as contributors on ESPN.com, you can hardly blame him.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've always wondered what kind of person eats at Burger King. It's mostly good but there's nothing exceptional or unique on the menu. McDonald's have their fries and McNuggets, Jack In The Box have their tacos and egg rolls, Sonic has Blizzards...what the fuck does BK have that you can't buy from the frozen section and have it taste closely alike? I'm genuinely asking.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The reason Waffle fries are #1...
59038db92f6ae4d4008b52ea-750-500.jpg

tadale

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
I've always wondered what kind of person eats at Burger King. It's mostly good but there's nothing exceptional or unique on the menu. McDonald's have their fries and McNuggets, Jack In The Box have their tacos and egg rolls, Sonic has Blizzards...what the fuck does BK have that you can't buy from the frozen section and have it taste closely alike? I'm genuinely asking.

I prefer BK fries and basic burgers to McDonalds equivalents.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
No Doritos Locos taco means list is wrong. Two of their other three Bell choices aren't bad, though (Cheesy Gordita Crunch and a chicken quesadilla). Overall list is questionable even besides that. Too many sides.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
CFA's Waffle Fries are one of the things I often substitute with something else. They're kinda shit.

Oct 25, 2017
This article is a bit old, but my favorite part of this exercise was Bill Simmons' (the Ringer CEO) podcast where he basically blamed all the millenials at the Ringer for screwing this up so badly listing fries at number 1, shit was hilarious

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The #1 test of French Fries -- Are they good without ketchup or dipping sauce?

Chick-Fil-A: Fuck no
Burger King: Fuck no
Wendy's: Oh god even with ketchup they are terrible
McDonald's: Sweet baby jesus they are delicious even by themselves

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
The #1 test of French Fries -- Are they good without ketchup or dipping sauce?

Chick-Fil-A: Fuck no
Burger King: Fuck no
Wendy's: Oh god even with ketchup they are terrible
McDonald's: Sweet baby jesus they are delicious even by themselves

Going off this metric, Arby's and Checkers easily have the best fries.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
As a Christian, I can tell you other Christians will rabidly support any faith-based company for that reason alone despite the product being, as you accurately described, incredibly average.

I mean the sad truth is even after everything that came to life, there's plenty of non-Christians that are just as much obsessed with Chick-Fil-A.

I think they got the GOAT dipping sauce options, but there are better chicken places.

The reason Waffle fries are #1...
59038db92f6ae4d4008b52ea-750-500.jpg

tenor.gif

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Five Guys cajun fries just tasted like potatoes drenched in pepper the last time I had them

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
I personally tested only one item of this list, but I'll be outraged as the rest of you by principle. Fucking list.

sugururu

Apr 16, 2019
chipotle being considered fast food is kind of odd for me, as someone who consumes way too much junky food i wouldn't put them under a fast food umbrella. I honestly have a terrible habit of consuming junk food as part of my diet with the exception of a few fast food places (McDonalds I barely eat because it gives me horrible acne every time I eat it, like no other fast food place does, even if their fries are delicious!)

shouldn't be so many chicken nuggets, the meat in those really grosses me out. the only non meat like chicken nugget style thing I'll eat is BK's chicken fries, because they're mostly breading. I had a teacher in high school who was a pseudo vegetarian (only vegetarian 50% of the time) and she ruined chicken nuggets for me, every time I ate them she'd remind me that they were composed of intestines, and I stopped eating them altogether. So now the only thing I eat chicken wise from fast food resteraunts is chicken strips and sandwiches with identifiable white meat in them. Why aren't the chicken strips higher on the list? Especially above the frozen concoctions. I'll admit I don't really care for most fast food shakes, only really like the sugary slushies, so seeing them above the food-food is weird to me. CFA's fries are good, but not the best by any means. They tend to give you too many rough potato ones and less fried, crispy ones. I personally would put Arby's curly fries or jack in the box's greasy fries both curly and regular above CFA's.