• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mansa Mufasa

Jun 17, 2019
Toronto
Turns out this is an entire new program separate from the g league similar to basketball academies in Europe. This is huge news:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...form=amp&_nocache1=&__twitter_impression=true

NBA finally stepping up and putting full effort into a development program. The players future college tuition will also be covered. Even better they got a top recruit right away to join. He's also getting $500k and not $125k as originally reported.

twitter.com

Jonathan Givony on Twitter

“Ahead of a 1pm eastern formal announcement, Jalen Green has started to inform college suitors that he plans to enter the NBA/G League's professional pathway program, sources tell ESPN. He is ESPN's #1 prospect in the 2020 high school class.”

twitter.com

KnicksFeed on Twitter

“Top 2 HS recruit Jalen Green has officially entered the process of joining the G-League, per ESPN.”

twitter.com

Kevin O'Connor on Twitter

“By going to the G League, Jalen Green receives $500K, a full college scholarship, skill/life training, and will face tougher competition than college offers with coaches focused on development. Sure seems like an easy choice for elite HS recruits instead of dealing with the NCAA.”

Ever since I saw the Fab Five documentary and I heard that Chris Webber was going hungry during his college years but couldn't accept free meals because of NCAA regulations but saw that the Michigan was selling jerseys with his name on it for a $100 I've been saying FUCK the NCAA. It's modern day slavery. Glad to see North America catch up to Europe.

By going to the G League, Jalen Green receives $500K, a full college scholarship, skill/life training, and will face tougher competition than college offers with coaches focused on development. Sure seems like an easy choice for elite HS recruits instead of dealing with the NCAA. [\QUOTE]

taro

Oct 25, 2017
Anything that contributes to the dissolution of the NCAA is okay with me.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ever since I saw the Fab Five documentary and I heard that Chris Webber was going hungry during his college years but couldn't accept free meals because of NCAA regulations but saw that the Michigan was selling jerseys with his name on it for a $100 I've been saying FUCK the NCAA. It's modern day slavery. Glad to see North America catch up to Europe.
"Between 1988 and 1993 Martin gave Webber about $280,000. Eventually, Webber would confess to having received and repaid only $38,200, an amount identified via a specific transaction tied to Webber. "

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I can't wait for the day I can go see my local G League team and some hype kid is playing for them. I always loved the idea of having a 1yr stint in the G league if you didn't go to college.

I can see it actually being a win-win for the players union too, kids coming into the league get paid initially but they don't necessarily threaten the work force of the guys currently in the league.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Fuck the NCAA and college sports

If someone's an athlete they should be able to go pro/minor pro if they have the skill

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Who cares, no one will ever watch a g league game on tv or will it ever compete in ratings to a NCAA game. NBA needs. A proper minor league like mlb.

PinaColada

Oct 27, 2017
Absolute shit that colleges are able to gain millions of the back of these athletes.

Wish more secondary leagues could offer things like this.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
I was about to say if he wanted to be paid he should have went to Kentucky but then realized he's getting paid 500k, slight pay cut but at least he doesn't have to deal with the facade of classes.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

This is huge and will hurt the NCAA bad if more top prospects join in.

They're losing out on more and more players.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
NCAA going to be hurting for huge draft potential talent with this

Good, fuck em

OP
OP
Mansa Mufasa

Mansa Mufasa

Jun 17, 2019
Toronto
"Between 1988 and 1993 Martin gave Webber about $280,000. Eventually, Webber would confess to having received and repaid only $38,200, an amount identified via a specific transaction tied to Webber. "

This does nothing to invalidate what I said. I'm well aware of the scandal. Jalen Rose was apart of it as well. It's well documented that kids fall prey to these type of predator BECAUSE of the NCAA regulations.