• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
The real answer is most of clones, semi-clones and echoes. But Top 3 probably should be Dark Pit, Roy & Dr. Mario. Or Daisy I guess.

Dr. Mario really wasn't a thing Nintendo pushed that much, heck they still rather use Metal Mario in MK. Roy is sad, because he is most unique of Marth "clones". But he absolutely got in due to marketing. People actually hate his games in Japan, so he might the one character nobody would have ever rooted for had he not been in Smash.

Dark Pit is really bad due to circumstances. Smash 4 was a big love letter to KIU, mainly due to porting, but still, it got so much more love than other franchises. Why should KIU get more love than DK, Metroid, Yoshi, Pikmin & Wario combined? And then Sakurai cherry picked one of his franchises to get extra character, because "Dark Pit wouldn't use 3 Sacred treasures FS" but Alph apparently is fine using Olimar's FS. Awful. And even those who wanted him, rather wanted him to use unique KIU weapons. Dark Pit was implemented badly.

Other than that, K. Rool & Ridley took way too long to get in, but roster as of now is fine, although Kirby & Zelda could use more reps.

Why do so many people hate Wii Fit Trainer & ROB, when Mr. Game & Watch is fine? Also, Miis seem universally hated which is weird.

I might defend Pichu a little here, but since he is the only Gen 2 rep that's actually something notable. Lucina/Chrom, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario & Daisy are way more wasteful than that.

After Ultimate tho, removing characters doesn't seem like a good idea… So, we are stuck with Dark Pit. Bleh

KNTomg

May 18, 2018
Since they already use the engine from Smash4, one couldn't blame them for including every character they had until now, for the interest of having them all in the game. They might not add variety, but they do add options to consider.

I haven't unlocked Daisy or Dark Samus yet, but my non-numerical ranking so far is:
- Dark Pit
- Chrom
- Lucina
- Pichu
- Dr. Mario
- Young Link (we already got Toon, which is far better)
- Incineroar (too many Pokemon...)

Burning Justice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Like them or not, Miis are definitely important enough to Nintendo's history to deserve a playable spot on the roster.

And Palutena definitely should not be on the list either. Thanks to Uprising, Kid Icarus is important enough to get a second rep.

Also surprised at no Fire Emblem characters on the list. If I were making a list like this, Lucina, at least, definitely would have made the list.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This list is terrible. The only one of those I kinda agree with is Pichu, and even that I'll tolerate because he's the only Gen 2 rep we have.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the main villain of a trilogy of three of Nintendo's greatest games of all time doesn't deserve to be in Smash...

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
At least the video went to the trouble of spending a minute or so to explain their reasoning. Half of the takes or rebuttals in this thread are embarrassing.

And yeah, I agree with most of the list, but think a couple of extra 'generic sword dudes' should have made the cut.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fire emblem could cut Chrom and make lucina a skin for marth. I would cut Corrin too. Hector or Ephraim would be good as the fifth rep instead to have more variety of weapons

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
People still complaining about clones in 2018

giphy.gif

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
  1. Mario, stupid hat
  2. Link, trash story
  3. Pikachu, annoying voice
  4. DK, stopped retro making metroid
  5. Captain falcon, who?
  6. Samus, NO GIRLS!
  7. Megaman, creepy looking
  8. Bayonetta, I said no girls especially non waifu ones who scare me
  9. Inkling, American characters only plse
  10. Joker, but no batman? YOU'RE joking

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
The whole video feels like a troll. Their reasoning for why Palutena "doesn't belong in Smash" is that she's a fantastic and interesting character that absolutely does belong in smash but they're really disappointed in the moveset she ended up getting. Most the characters I feel they did a half-decent job at justifying on the list, but as a whole it feels a bit off. Roy and Chrom both shouldn't be in the game. The only reason why Roy is even liked is because he's a meme, and Awakening is already represented by Lucina so Chrom's presence feels entirely pointless. Young Link was effectively replaced by Toon Link in Brawl and Sm4sh and no one was asking for him back. Toon Link fills more or less the same role that Young Link did in Melee, and it's really annoying that 3 of the 6 Zelda reps are different versions of Link. They're right about ROB not belonging though. Game & Watch fills the same role as an unexpected and almost completely forgotten peripheral that helped Nintendo when they were starting out, and is much more unique in terms of design. And yeah most of the Playstation Japanese characters don't really belong. Snake I can to a degree see because he started out but Cloud and Joker never were really "Nintendo" characters. It's obnoxious that they get slots over characters like Banjo who are 3rd party characters that are really important to Nintendo's history.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
The only problem with the list is that it could be twice as long so of course there will be omissions.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, take it easy lol
Seriously? Lol. This is all it takes? They are great.
That's not really a problem and I don't know why y'all bothering replying to the guy. The point of Easy Allies wasn't to have every single human being that's aware of it to be into it lol. To quote Kyle in a podcast where they were jokingly imagining someone finding out about them having had FF13 Lightning in the background for two years and unsubbing out of disgust "Bye dude. You weren't gonna have fun anyway".

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I mean the great thing about Smash is basically that you can put ANY character into it and it will work because the team has some great ideas about how they could play. So this list seems kinda pointless and click-baity.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How can you say no to this cute little guy? There's no way you could put him out on the street and make him fend for yourself, he's so defenseless and will just hurt himself trying to do anything. Only a monster would tell him he can't come and smash with his friends

latest

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Love easy allies...not this video though.

I dont really see how smash, which is a celebration of videogames in general and the ultimate fan service would be any better if they removed characters because they dont "deserve" to be in the game. That's just a weird way of looking at it.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
ROB?

One of the best additions, ever!
Of those, Dark Pit is the worst for sure. But, the more the merrier.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
This list is a travesty and they should personally apologize to both Sakurai and all Smash players in the world.

That is my honest opinion. They should close down their channel and retire into the mountains for a retreat of silence for twelve years. Then they can come back with some sense in them.

Travesty I tell you.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I love you EZA, but those lists are terrible.

Wii Fit trainer, Mii fighters, and the Wii Fit and Sports resort stages absolutely belong to Smash: they represent the Wii era, you can't pretend that didn't exist. Personally i don't mind Wii Fit trainer, while i like Mii fighters only for the new Yiga and Ray MK III costumes.

Dark Pit and Palutena are Sakurai characters, they're in because all Sakurai characters get love, that's his game after all.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The worst part about that list is that they don't seem to consider development time at all. They wouldn't get new unique characters by removing characters like Pichu and Dark Pit. That said, I do think Dark Pit was a miss overall. Smash just seems really bad at showing personality of characters who rely on dialogue to convey it, and so Dark Pit ends up barely any different from Pit when you're actually playing the game.

People are mentioning Chrom and Lucina, but Roy is the one that should have never been in the series in the first place. He's a character that was for the longest of time consider the worst lord in the series, and was only liked for being in smash for having explosion sword.

Why do so many people want to act like Smash doesn't exist when talking about Smash itself? Yes, Roy only is really popular due to Smash Bros - in an appearance that he made before his own game, but that's why Sakurai didn't even attempt to change his personality to match his FE6 one when adding him back. People wanted him back due to Melee, not due to FE6.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
The worst part about that list is that they don't seem to consider development time at all. They wouldn't get new unique characters by removing characters like Pichu and Dark Pit. That said, I do think Dark Pit was a miss overall. Smash just seems really bad at showing personality of characters who rely on dialogue to convey it, and so Dark Pit ends up barely any different from Pit when you're actually playing the game.

I mean most echo fighters are like that.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Boring list, they should have excluded echo fighters/clones to make it more interesting.

Also piss off dissing Wolf like that, Slippy can go die in a ditch.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I mean most echo fighters are like that.

Eh, even though they have the same moveset, you can easily see by their animations that Dark Samus is something different from Samus and characters like Simon/Richter have obviously very different designs. Dark Pit and Pit share the same design, only with different colors, and are mostly differentiated by dialogue. So when they both fight in the same way, and that dialogue is mostly missing, it just hurts Dark Pit's core identity.

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
How are you to going to put Rob and Wii Fit Trainer on a list like this, but not flesh garbage like Daisey.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Also real answer is Snake, dude has one remake back on GC that most fans of the series have disowned and doesn't fit with the games aesthetics being the sole rep from the brown and greys "mature" side of gaming.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Corrin should be on the list taking the places of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10.

A warlord that "does not want to hurt anyone"
Why would anyone write this travesty?
The fact he is now immortalized by being in the Smash roster, rubbing shoulders with Snake and Mario.
Disgusting.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
How can you say no to this cute little guy? There's no way you could put him out on the street and make him fend for yourself, he's so defenseless and will just hurt himself trying to do anything. Only a monster would tell him he can't come and smash with his friends

latest

Thank youuuu

My poor lil' Pichu ;_;

Jon_Sama

Aug 19, 2018
Nevermind the contents of the list, really don't like the concept of it, it's basically just a 1/7 of being told your fav smash character sucks

Oct 27, 2017
"We need some website hits, write something controversial for no good reason."

ROB, Wii Fit Trainer and the Miis all work far better in Smash than I would have thought and were amongst my most used in 4. Piranha Plant, too, looks like it will defy reservations and be a useful fighter.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
They all deserve it because Sakurai decided they should be in.

If the list was called 'Characters we wouldn't miss in Ultimate', I would have a bigger one myself lol

Acetown

Oct 28, 2017
To be honest, I could do without most Fire Emblem and Xenoblade characters since all of them look the same. Seems like every new challenger I encounter in Ultimate is another bland anime character. Is that what Nintendo is all about now?