• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No Raziel? Bunch of actual heroes on the list? Yep, its The Gamer time. Kratos is in the right spot at least.

Zeckett

Mar 28, 2019
Portugal
Geralt just pretends to be a anti-hero. He does have morality and idealism, he just doesn't want others to know because it's bad for business.

But his decisions rarely are in his own self interest alone.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really not sure how Zero counts as an anti-hero. He is a pretty straightforward hero, even in the fairly dark Zero games.

Megaman Volnutt is the closest Megaman to being an anti-hero, and even then only if you focus on a certain part of his backstory exclusively from a single perspective.
If we wanted to force it, he is unintentionally the cause of the Maverick virus. I don't think it says anything about his motivations or morality though, given the nature of how it was started, but there is that.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Well I think he counts. He wanted to do right. He wanted to save his people and became corrupted in his journey to Northrend. He starts out noble and he grows to be a monster.

Maybe I could be wrong. Frozen Throne is about his fall though he does just become a villain in the end

I think you may be misremembering the story a bit. In the first campaign of WC3, Arthas murders civilians, betrays his allies and butchers them, and then leaves his friend to die rather than save him.

He then murders his father and slaughters every living person he can get his hands on in his home kingdom. He then goes on to invade the Elven lands, killing every living thing he comes across before eventually flattening Quel'Thelas and Dalaran to bring Archimonde into the world.

He's absolutely the villain of the story before you even start Act 2 of the original game, never mind The Frozen Throne. The Frozen Throne isn't the story of his descent, it's the story of his rise to becoming the one Lich King.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
A big number of those anti heros are not even anti heros. Bayonetta, Dante and Geralt are legit heros, they are just not the stereotypically perfect hero figures, and Kratos is more of an outright villain, at least in the original series. In GoW2018 I can see him more as an anti hero.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
sIkU6k8.jpg

No Nameless One from Planecape: Torment?

LOL.

JoeBoy101

Oct 25, 2017
Lack of Revan from KoToR is disappointing. Not a very good list. Antihero and edgy are two different things.