• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
the worst show show ive seen aired by Toonami was Naruto Shippuden filler.
Put some respect on my boi. Most of Shippuden filler is better than regular Shippuden...because it takes place in part 1 with part 1 music and visuals!

Shippuden filler arcs about Shippuden things though....yeah, usually pretty fucking terrible.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
QNG23j7.gif

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Having Haruhi on Toonami would be one hell of a blast from the past. It's so weird how Haruhi isn't talked about a ton anymore. It's the show that got me into watching subbed anime so I could figure out what all the hype was about. It would be fun to see how it holds up these days and expose a new audience to it.

But if I could get anything on Toonami, it would look like this off the top of my head:

1. Gankutsuou: the Count of Monte Cristo
2. From the New World
3. Kaiba
4. Moyashimon
5. Tsuritama

Do English dubs even exist for those bottom three?

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only going to stick around to watch tonights premier episode of Goku Blanco vs Muscles McLargeHuge.

Oct 25, 2017
There's a Shippuden filler arc way later that's basically an alternate universe fanfic, which is fun for a while and then gets really stupid

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
There's also detailed stuff about Young Kakashi, Yamato, Sai, how everyone passed the Chunin Exams, a lot of good material there.

Oct 25, 2017
Is that the one where Sasuke is a playboy?

Or was that a movie?

That's the Road to Ninja movie. The premise is Naruto's parents didn't die during the nine tails attack, so Minato was around when the Uchiha were planing a coup and Minato was able to talk him down from the whole coup thing, so Sasuke's clan is alive too. Which is kind of neat, but Sasuke ends up still being an asshole that joins up with Orochimaru anyway except now he has even less justification.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Considering what I know of most of the lineup I can't think of any real splurges of prequel memes ala last season of SAO.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is only one show that has enough infamy to replace Dragon Ball Super

and that's Fairy Tail

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
That's the Road to Ninja movie. The premise is Naruto's parents didn't die during the nine tails attack, so Minato was around when the Uchiha were planing a coup and Minato was able to talk him down from the whole coup thing, so Sasuke's clan is alive too. Which is kind of neat, but Sasuke ends up still being an asshole that joins up with Orochimaru anyway except now he has even less justification.

So Sasuke is a dirtbag no matter what happens?

That's amazing.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
here's the Toonami Era Podcast ranking as of gen lock

Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Hunter x Hunter
Space Dandy
Mob Psycho 100
The Promised Neverland
Gurren Lagann
One Piece
Black Lagoon
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Attack on Titan
Samurai Jack
My Hero Academia
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
One-Punch Man
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood
Soul Eater
Samurai Champloo
The Big O
Sym-Bionic Titan
InuYasha
Eureka Seven
FLCL: Alternative
Hellsing Ultimate
Dragonball Z Kai
Kill la Kill
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
Naruto
Outlaw Star
Lupin the Third Part IV
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Michiko & Hatchin
Pop Team Epic
Deadman Wonderland
Casshern Sins
Bleach
IGPX
FLCL: Progressive
Parasyte -the maxim-
Blue Exorcist
Megalo Box
ThunderCats (2011)
InuYasha: The Final Act
gen:Lock
Samurai 7
Naruto Shippuden
Dimension W
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096
Sword Art Online
Beware the Batman
Akame ga Kill!
Tenchi Muyo! GXP
Tokyo Ghoul

bottom ten babee

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
considering Toonami picked up Food Wars a few years after it was really in vogue, I could see them covering a slot with Fairy Tail for a few years if they needed it.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
FT would make an incredible final show of the block piece of entertainment. Only people who valued friendship over all else would make the multi year journey with me. I'd be all fired up.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man Fairy Tail is longer than I thought. I figured it was HxH length not 300+ episodes LOL

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
So here is the thing.

One Punch Man season 2 was dimmed and ghosted to all hell, and the blu-rays haven't come out. The blu-rays were pushed back till early next year for more polish, which is a good thing.

I worry we may not be getting the blu-ray versions sadly. If you don't know what dimming and ghosting is, don't worry, you'll probably know soon enough...

FT would make an incredible final show of the block piece of entertainment. Only people who valued friendship over all else would make the multi year journey with me. I'd be all fired up.

I'd make that journey with you.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
Had a helluva long week (literally, multiple 10+ hour days), been waiting a while for 130 to air. Both so we can all enjoy this, but also so I can finally post these 130 reactions for y'all. The LatAm/South America hype for DB cannot be contained

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
The Super marathon promo says, "As we finish off Dragon Ball Super's premier run on Toonami..."

It sounds like that another run could be coming.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Vinland Saga is probably out of the question because Amazon, which is a shame because that show is great

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Beware the Batman was a bad show.

I won't claim to be an expert on Batman or anything...

Beware-the-Batman-still-07.jpg

....but I think this is the worst design for Batman I've ever seen.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell, that Rapunzel game in Catherine was tedious as all hell, but I did all 128 stages of it, something I didn't do in the PS3 or 360 versions. Also found Mega Man 11 & Shadow of the Colossus for $10 each via Target's clearance along with nabbing Ni no Kuni 2 for $10 & Sonic Mania Plus for $15 for my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.