• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, Boxart is probably the least important aspect of any game, but...

D8-Zc-Rd-AWk-AEKMy7.jpg

I feel like I could draw a better boxart cover than this.

Doesn't help that all 3 guys on the right side have a bad case of same face.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man, JD sure got sidelined huh lol. I mean, he was a pretty bland character. His connection to marcus was like the only thing he has going.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017

Thread on the strange Super changes.

Apparently things were edited by Toonami's program editors. Things will still be edited, but not to the same degree.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
my only question is why haven't they slowed down equally fast action scenes in the past?>

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Viz been slow rolling it how long has the shippuden anime been over like 3 years?

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
I realized in the cab on my way to the airport this morning that I didn't transfer over the Toonami schedules I already did for the next two weeks. I always manage to forget precisely one thing whenever I travel. So I'll have to see what I can do about that.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, since I've been more vocal about trying to improve myself as a person & feel as though if I don't tell someone I'm doing said thing, then I'm less likely to do it, so here it goes.

I think the next step I need to take for reshaping my life is to do something hard & stay offline more often. I've been slowly becoming more social, hanging out with friends & family more often, going outside to exercise like taking walks around town, but at the same time, I recognize that due to my "I WANT NEW INFO" nature, I spend a lot of time on here & Twitter because I want to stay up to date about my favorite things. I'm not leaving Twitter or Resetera completely (I'll still join in each Saturday because it's one of the few routines I still have that lets me unwind), but if I'm getting a new job that'll be longer hours/working a normal shift instead of night shift and doing everything I can to be more appealing so I can get a girlfriend (I actually just deleted my 25GB file of girlie pics because fuck, it was THAT big?!), then I have to accept I have to make some changes about myself. Twitter seems to have made me develop tunnel vision in that I had a bad habit of not feeling as though I accomplished anything when in actuality, I have and it takes my friends and father to make me notice that parts of me have changed for the better, I'm just so focused on the bigger picture that I don't see the smaller details of myself.

I won't lie, I've kind of been a bit stressed trying to handle all of this at once while figuring out which place I should be aiming for a new job (one that's further away but with my old high school friend & would pay better or one that's closer that my oldest, best friend is also applying for) among calming my mind down from overthinking this whole thing, but if I want to break free from being an introvert, it's going to be difficult for someone of my mindset.

....kind of want to make a thread in Etc. but for some reason, I keep holding back yet I don't know why. Maybe because I feel a bit more comfortable telling you guys whom I've hung out with for about 5 years now & how supportive some of you have been.
Just remember theres nothing wrong with being a introvert, some people just prefer more alone time than others, for alot ofnintroverts it isnt that theybdislike hanging around and talking to people, infact finding a partner whonis also introveet and you'll find out how much you'll enjoy your time with that person, its not a bad idea tho to hang out with friends more often, just dont stress yourself out too much

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We've have plenty of expanded universe content both in that small galaxy and in very different settings so either way Disney tackled it that shouldn't have been an issue. The new series of films has spent too much time on "REMEMBER THIS THING" and recycling story beats from the original trilogy. Ironically enough the prequel trilogy was far more creative in introducing new locations and ideas into that small universe.

The issue isn't star wars it's the creative team in charge of it. We had more creative shit from books and games made in the 90's and early 00's then we've had in the 10's where there is nearly 40 years of star wars ideas to pull from.

The mcu succeeds because it pulls from that 40+ year history of Marcel, modern star wars seems stuck only pulling ideas from 3 films. Imagine how bad the mcu would be if they limited themselves to only comics and characters introduced during an 8 year window of marvel.
The almost complete lack of references to anything prequel in the movies really shows how they not looked at the 3 1st Fla and stopped there just because they were afraid of the meme status the prequel trilogy garnered

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
We've have plenty of expanded universe content both in that small galaxy and in very different settings so either way Disney tackled it that shouldn't have been an issue. The new series of films has spent too much time on "REMEMBER THIS THING" and recycling story beats from the original trilogy. Ironically enough the prequel trilogy was far more creative in introducing new locations and ideas into that small universe.

The issue isn't star wars it's the creative team in charge of it. We had more creative shit from books and games made in the 90's and early 00's then we've had in the 10's where there is nearly 40 years of star wars ideas to pull from.

The mcu succeeds because it pulls from that 40+ year history of Marcel, modern star wars seems stuck only pulling ideas from 3 films. Imagine how bad the mcu would be if they limited themselves to only comics and characters introduced during an 8 year window of marvel.
I agree with this completely and it's why I'm happy Solo bombed hopefully it forces Disney or Lucas arts to do more than keep sucking ot dick

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I realized in the cab on my way to the airport this morning that I didn't transfer over the Toonami schedules I already did for the next two weeks. I always manage to forget precisely one thing whenever I travel. So I'll have to see what I can do about that.

This week on the award winning Black Clover, Grimmjaw Jaggerjaques joins the cast.
Next week on the award winning Black Clover, In a world where magic is everything, Asta a boy without magic uses his anti magic with his new friend Grimmjaw and a girl named after a drink to face a team of jobbers in a crystal breaking contest.

ShinRPGamer

Nov 4, 2017
So Toonami-era...it's been a while hasn't it?

I ended up missing a couple of weeks of Toonami earlier in the year (want to say the week where Koichi dates Yukako is where I fell off the wagon as it were) due to IRL stuff and I didn't really want to come back until I had caught up with everything. Wish I could say I did but my absence for months says otherwise. That said, I managed to catch up on DBS and HxH and am currently chipping away at MHA but Jojo I'm going to have to catch up on later on and any other shows that started to air after my "hiatus" is basically not happening. Nevertheless, I'm not going to be missing Lupin so I'm just letting my OCD about this issue go and finally return to the fray.

And that was my mini-rant-thing. How's everyone else doing?

Stealth edit: as someone who is currently reading the manga, is it worth going back to watch part 1 of season 3 of AoT?

Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars as a series kinda bores me outside of the Empire Strikes Back and the Clones Wars. Dunno why just never really clicked for me.

I tend to get more enjoyment out of playing their games then watching the actual movies.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Star Wars as a series kinda bores me outside of the Empire Strikes Back and the Clones Wars. Dunno why just never really clicked for me.

I tend to get more enjoyment out of playing their games then watching the actual movies.
I agree. I enjoy the OT just fine, but I never really bought into the obsession that surrounds these movies. You always see the same old shit in Star Wars movies, even though it takes place in a vast universe.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I find it kinda weird that, if this Harding Test for televised programs is something every show goes through as a normal routine, we didn't seem to see anything like this in any other Toonami show in the past seven years?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
They've crushed some of the lighting effects in AOT before, but inconsistently and nonwhere near as much as the Japanese initial release.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I find it kinda weird that, if this Harding Test for televised programs is something every show goes through as a normal routine, we didn't seem to see anything like this in any other Toonami show in the past seven years?

It also doesn't make sense because there were repeated animated flurries in the last episode that were edited slow in one instance and then normal in the next. Wouldn't a routine process affect both or neither? It's just all very strange.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Just remember theres nothing wrong with being a introvert, some people just prefer more alone time than others, for alot ofnintroverts it isnt that theybdislike hanging around and talking to people, infact finding a partner whonis also introveet and you'll find out how much you'll enjoy your time with that person, its not a bad idea tho to hang out with friends more often, just dont stress yourself out too much
That's kind of been one of my key attributes I've been looking for in a girlfriend, and lately, it's finally clicked that I have some desire now to start a family because I want to be able to work hard to provide for them & do anything I can to show my affection. I think it's less trying to "cure" my introvertedness, especially since part of the reason why I have it is due to my autism, but more just staying off the internet & focusing on the now and what I have. I've spent too much time just constantly looking for info about what's going to happen in the future that I've built up such a huge backlog because I spend more time talking about games coming out than games that've been released. I also want to expand my horizons just so I can have more stuff to talk about that isn't just anime or video games, especially when one of my biggest fears for dating is "oh god, I've run out of topics to talk about, what do I say?" It could also be that I feel as though by doing this, it'll help with getting rid of the seasonal depression that hits me hard during the winter. It wasn't as hard to deal with this winter compared to 2017/2018 before I lost weight, but I want to ensure I never have to deal with that again.

I've been going out on more walks (I walked 2.3 miles in an hour yesterday), I'm being more social at work/other employees, ensuring I keep the positive attitude I've been maintaining, taking care of my new cat while watching her become more social, suppressing my physical desires to focus on my mental desires, and try to branch out more with my hobbies and discussion topics. I wanna try my hand at something like learning to cook more things, not only to give myself more variety in meals, but because it's an useful & attractive skill to have. I still want to pop in every so often, but I want to put myself in a place where I recognize I'm no longer glued to my laptop almost every waking moment of my life.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing actual lawyers dump all over Blackface lawyer and all these Vic stans might be the most satisfying thing I've seen in a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.