• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The highlights were the art in Black Clover, Ninja Boomers complaining about Ninja Milennials, and a wonderus 30 minutes where I went from "oh, a female character not wanting to fuck Kirito" to "oh, she TOTALLY wants to fuck Kirito"
new harem member!?

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
about what you'd expect

Super was pretty fun as usual.
MHA was good, as always.
SAO was just kind of bad in the boring way, as we really didn't need two whole episodes for that. We did get a literal "Harem Powers Activate" from Kirito, so that was fun.
JoJo was hilarious.
Hunter x Hunter continues to be the best show on the block, managing to deliver surprising plot twists and high levels of emotion even in the epilogue of the Chimera Ant Arc.

I didn't really watch Boruto or Black Clover.
I'll have to catch up this week. Maybe tonight.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The rapey vibes of that Roshi episode hurt it for me and make it uncomfortable on rewatches.

Hopefully Toei stops with this but I have no faith at this point.

Going back and reading the original Dragon Ball is equally bothersome.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Roshi ratchets stuff down a bunch but it is a bit tiring the 'rape = comedy/drama" angle anime uses still hasn't gotten an adequate 'Me too' yet. To add insult to injury this weekend's SAO kind of crystallizes that in what is certainly going to be 'Worst moment" winner bar Goblin Slayer coming and competing with it later.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
posting here for no real reason, just showing that the ADR director casually calls next week's episode(s) "nasty"

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
zonic how many times have you watched sao alicization episode 10

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I skimmed it to see why people were saying "oh no, SAO did it again". My understanding is that there was the original Japanese airing, which was already a bit censored, & the even more censored version that was on Crunchyroll. I feel like someone linked a comparison video a while ago when the episode aired.

At this rate, I wonder if we'll get a third censored version.

.............OH FUCK OFF, THANKS FOR NOT LETTING ME WATCH JOJO ANYMORE. GODDAMN IT.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
uh i don't think this is an april fools joke

gUU2PTv.gif

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
That line-up doesn't even make any sense.

SAO gets bumped up an hour while MHA gets bumped DOWN an hour?

Black Clover went from getting bumped down a ton to now being bumped up THREE slots?!

Hunter x Hunter is now AFTER Shippuden?!

Boruto getting knocked down TWO HOURS.

FUCKING JOJO IS DOWN THREE SLOTS & NOW I CAN'T WATCH IT ANYMORE OPUPTHAILWEUTNBILWA34HBRLIKWJ4N

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
that really sucks, are they just trying to kill off JoJo then use it as an excuse to not continue to Part 5?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, just......with each new line-up change, it feels like I get to watch less & less, which translates to not being able to hang out with you guys. I don't feel like waiting for MHA to air if Black Clover is before it & I could just head into work (though I don't think I could start at 12:30 due to having lobby that night)

Also why is it of all the shows, HxH is the only one that doesn't shift (aside from Super but no shit it's staying in its slot)? Is it because it's almost done & they wanna keep that a premiere slot?

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
that really sucks, are they just trying to kill off JoJo then use it as an excuse to not continue to Part 5?
Sort of theory: they are bumping it down now because it'll be replaced with a rerun when it ends and they want that to not be as jarring. (Attack on Titan will probably replace Attack on Titan)

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It will always be weird when two dub premieres are at the very end of the block

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
roughly swapping SAO and Boruto makes sense (popular not-endless show superceding an endless one) but the rest is ?_?

Oct 25, 2017
That new schedule can go to hell. Why is Jojo pushed down? Why is Shippuden pushed up? Why is fucking Black Clover pushed up?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Okay. You know what. Confession time.

Yesterday, the entire day & at work, I just felt like crap. Even worse during work. For some reason, near the end of my shift, I just had the sudden urge to tell my friends "hey, thanks for being my friend" and I wanted to make a post about how much it means to me that you guys are willing to put up with all my stupid jokes & posts that I make after all these years and that I have a group to just take my mind off the world while getting to watch some anime, both ones I look forward to & others I was merely watching just because it was with you guys. This group is half the reason why I bother checking out certain shows, because you guys make it fun.

Now, it feels like because of my work situation & each time they change the line-up, I'm being pulled further away from this group, despite coming in here daily, and now on top of HxH, I have to watch Jojo by myself and it's just gonna remind me I couldn't be there to join in on the fun, especially when that was the single show I looked forward to seeing reactions. I had numerous avatars planned when the show was confirmed for god's sake, that's how excited I was.

I'm not mad at Jojo for being at 3, I'm mad that I can't experience it with my friends.

*sigh*

Goddamn it.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Zonic I think you may need a new job.
I know you're semi-joking, but my friend & I are in talks of trying to get new jobs so we don't have to work night shift and be custodians anymore, though it could still be a while since we're still in early planning.

Though it's really less the job & more the fact that I swapped days with my friend because taking his Saturday into Sunday & Sunday into Monday allowed him to have the same days off with his wife so he can be awake & have family time. The only way I'd get Saturday night into Sunday off again would be if we hired someone new & I was able to get my old schedule back.

Rurouni

Dec 25, 2017
>Pulling the plug on JoJo like this
>Shoving MHA four slots down
>Mfw shows i don't even want to watch sandwiched in between even more than ever

This timeline was a fucking mistake.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Jojo started at 12:30 & was the 2nd show on the block, then got moved to midnight as the 3rd show.

Now after 3 months of being pushed back an hour, it's getting pushed back 3 slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.