• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
EA press conferences always look dull as fuck when i see people talk about them
They are!. EA for the past few years. Here is the new battlefield. 1 hour of sports. Celebrities. Celebrities. Here is a new game you probably saw at another conference.

By far the worst conference every year.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, if they play it loose with the overall plot and just go for the premise of "super powered pirates go on adventures", it could be decent. All they need to stay true to the main characters, like the good comic book adaptions do.

I do expect the CG on Luffy to be awful though.

Luffy as a character isn't very appetizing for most Western viewers. A super straight forward Shonen lead that doesn't give a shit about romance and it's goofy as it can be? I expect the Luffy we get to be very different than the anime/manga.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
The devil fruit powers can be CG. Might not be pretty, in fact it probably won't be, but it is feasible.

I'm more curious how they're going to handle Zoro.

Is the actor really going to fight with three swords, one in his mouth?

Worth noting that they will still be present and have streams, unlike Sony which is actually completely absent.

e: yes yes technically EA Play is not 'at E3' even though it's at the same time in a nearby place

So they're kinda there. That's probably for the best.

They are!. EA for the past few years. Here is the new battlefield. 1 hour of sports. Celebrities. Celebrities. Here is a new game you probably saw at another conference.

The EA conferences always stuck me as a "Well...we gotta do it I guess." kind of decision. Like as much hubbub is made about most E3 conferences being awkward/goofy, a conference being those things is always better than one where everyone just looks bored. Everyone at EA conferences just looks like they wanna go home.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States

Don't forget the bleacher seat "we have a new star wars game, it's gonna be about the dark times, it's dark and stuff" announcement.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
the fact that EA has yet to come out with at the very least a decent jedi action game is such a joke

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
For the show to just look decent you're be looking at a budget that'll put Game of Thrones to shame. Netflix is probably the only place that would throw those stupid amounts of money at live action One Piece of all things.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The best even with some mosiacs and pull aways is still the best. A gentleman never kisses and tells.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Next time on Toonami Man God's power has been nearly depleted as Shippuden filler nears its end

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
How ever will our fearless Universe 6 saiyan ladies get out of this one

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
With the power of love
5ca.jpg

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
aPnosvO.jpg

Episode 140 "Fellowship of the Alice"
In this week's episode, just Grexeno and ckohler discuss Broly, Dad of the year, MHA's new OP, if killing fluctlights is murder, boxing being boring, Kira fanservice, elves in Black Clover, the King's threat level and that dumb filler cook ninja.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/Episode140.mp3

Timecodes:
0:01:46 News (Canadian Adult Swim channel)
0:02:33 Dragonball Super
0:10:58 Boruto
0:21:52 My Hero Academia
0:28:02 Sword Art Online: Alicization
0:38:27 Megalobox
0:45:37 Jojo: Diamond Is Unbreakable
0:56:11 Black Clover
1:01:31 Hunter x Hunter
1:08:06 Naruto Shippuden
1:11:21 Sign offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/podcast.rss

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
To be clear about Kale CKOHLER she calls Caulifla Anee-san or big sis in the Japanese version which is similar to how the Franky family calls him Aniki or big bro its a thing that gang members often call their leaders. Kale in the Japanese version is still heavily implied to have romantic feelings for Caulifla the English version just makes that more explicit.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Next time on Toonami Man God's power has been nearly depleted as Shippuden filler nears its end

Thing is though I just counted the other day and there's something like three and a half seasons of filler left, so I've got plenty of gas in this tank.

Plus Boruto fuckery gives me life beyond life. Also it's SAO season.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The rest of the story would have been padded to hell and the show tanked because of the earthquake/tsunami. It was fun though, especially the dub.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently Pre-Flight:

1. Still exists
2. Just hit 200 episodes

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
DW was fun.

Also Demarco out here saying Riverdale sucks.

I wish I watched Riverdale so I had an opinion on it.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I'm finally going to an anime convention tomorrow with my friend & his friends. Want to wear my Toonami shirt & maybe a hat, but not sure which one. Maybe the silly "Fatal Cutie" one that's a parody of the Fatal Fury one worn by Terry from KoF.

I just know that my friend warned me some of the people coming are.....basement dwellers, to put it lightly. I just hope they don't do some gross shit considering the horror stories I've heard of how some cosplayers & such get treated at conventions and I don't want to be associated with the groups that make cons uninviting.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I'm finally going to an anime convention tomorrow with my friend & his friends. Want to wear my Toonami shirt & maybe a hat, but not sure which one. Maybe the silly "Fatal Cutie" one that's a parody of the Fatal Fury one worn by Terry from KoF.

I just know that my friend warned me some of the people coming are.....basement dwellers, to put it lightly. I just hope they don't do some gross shit considering the horror stories I've heard of how some cosplayers & such get treated at conventions and I don't want to be associated with the groups that make cons uninviting.
I mean you can just quietly eliminate them with Killer Queen's 1st Bomb

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, Johnny Yong Bosch & Richard Epcar are gonna be there. Not sure if I'll be able to actually see them, I'm just gonna wander around & see what's there.

I mean you can just quietly eliminate them with Killer Queen's 1st Bomb
Now I'm just reminded that I wish I could cosplay as Kira but I need to lose more weight & want to get one of these ties:

JoJo-s-Bizarre-Adventure-KILLER-QUEEN-Kira-Yoshikage-Skull-Neck-Tie-Cosplay-Costumes.jpg_640x640.jpg

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
The newest Vic stan freak out is them whining about him not being on the cast list for the Broly movie on itunes or Google play.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Be prepared to pop open the wiki, you're going to need it.

Don't just sell weapons as soon as you get tired of them, make sure you level them all the way up to 30 first. Even the bad ones. This increases your overall mastery rank, which is needed to get better weapons as you go.

Don't get too caught up in Cetus/Plains or Fortuna/Vallis on Earth and Venus. These are meant to be areas you come back to all through the game. Just do the introductory quests and a couple low level bounties to pick up some mods and move on.

The UI is sometimes pretty bad about showing you that you don't have to buy most things with the premium currency. With the exception of cosmetics and item slots, you'll be buying blueprints in the market and using materials to craft them.

Don't stress too much about which Warframe you start with, as the starters you don't pick are pretty easy to acquire later.

When you're finishing up Venus, make sure you farm all the parts for Rhino from the Jackal boss. He's still one of the best Warframes in the game and he's literally the first one you can get after the starters.

You get 50 platinum to start. Do not spend this on anything other than Warframe and weapon slots.

Do not rush items in the foundry. It's not worth it.

Do not spend resources leveling the "damaged" mods you get during the tutorial. Wait until you get the undamaged versions.

Your overall goal is to just do all the missions and challenges necessary to move through the star chart. The junctions at the edges of each planet tell you what you need to do to move forward.
I know this is pretty late, but thanks for all of these tips. I put a few hours into it, and I'm honestly a little overwhelmed. But I think I'll stick with it because some of the frames you can get seem really cool (one that jumped out early was Equinox, I love the day/night concept). I also really enjoy how fast the gameplay is, it really feels like you are controlling a space ninja. I'll keep this post handy when I dive deeper in tomorrow.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is pretty late, but thanks for all of these tips. I put a few hours into it, and I'm honestly a little overwhelmed. But I think I'll stick with it because some of the frames you can get seem really cool (one that jumped out early was Equinox, I love the day/night concept). I also really enjoy how fast the gameplay is, it really feels like you are controlling a space ninja. I'll keep this post handy when I dive deeper in tomorrow.
cool, make sure to drop into the Warframe OT if you have any more questions

Status
Not open for further replies.