• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
D3hwi2-GU0-AAav-Hq.jpg

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think I mentioned this before, but I'll say it again.

This scene in SAO reminds me of a scene in a niche, recently released Nippon Ichi game 'Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk'. Nobody has played this but it a generally well-received dungeon crawler and, well, it has a 'rape scene'. The game is effectively a character study of a caustic 30-something disabled gay witch who has had a troubled and traumatic past. The sexual assault scene - a flashback - does not actually visually show anything, but makes it clear what happens mostly through snippets of text/voice. The scene is delivered through the viewpoint of the woman and is portrayed as extremely gross and demeaning. They could have easily added a visual CG, or fanservice, but they did not and the moment is better for it. The scene isn't really used for character development or growth, more just part of the puzzle surrounding the enigmatic main character and exploring the lowest point in her life.

Compare that to SAO which uses yesterday's gratuitous scene with female characters we barely know which acts almost solely for the 'development' of Eugeo's character. Just, no tact at all.

Last edited:

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the good news is we probably won't have a SAO double parter for the rest of this part of the season.

When it returns for the second half tho...well we'll see.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
well hopefully that's the lowest SAO ever goes again, because we're sure to have to deal with the rest of this arc and any arcs that follow

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
So I feel asleep during HxH, probly it was going too slow and I was tired and drinking.

I rewatched it just now and it's nice to see familiar characters from previous arcs once again. Also, I learned Hisoka doesn't watch TV...like, at all. Finally, Killua has another sibling. I wonder how he will factor in.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
People will have to stay up through Shippuden to reach their beloved HxH. The real project infinite tsukoyomi begins now.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Updated the OP. If anyone wanted to make a new image for the last 11 episodes of Hunter X Hunter, feel free.

Also thinking I'll just keep the Shippuden banner tbh

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
My personal headcanon was that If Roshi had died by exerting too much energy, it would have been essentially a natural death unable to be reversed by the dragon balls. Of course, there are lots of holes you can poke into that, ie what happened with Guru on Namek and the Super Dragon Balls being able to undo that anyway..

Last edited:

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing is that the Evil Containment Wave was originally fatal to the user and using it killed Roshi for the first time in the manga.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
We can do better for Shippuden. Like an MS Paint sign that says "More Popular than Hunter X Hunter"

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't Shippuden have a normal image again? What with filler being done for now.

EDIT: Nevermind, missed the line about keeping it. :D

kayos90

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I was disappointed with the reactions. I didn't realize you all would meltdown the first half though. That caught me off guard.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I was breeding Gastly during SAO, which is why I didn't type much. Got what I needed right as the second episode was reaching its inevitable conclusion.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Everything about those two episodes was terrible even by SAO's very low standards.

Also what's more OP Stray Cat or Red Cat of Destiny?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to say it, but that might've been the perfect duo of SAO episodes in terms of raw reactions. The fact we got so angry at the episode BEFORE the infamous one was nuts, yet just the beginning of what would happen, especially since we didn't have a week to let episode 9 sink in.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to say it, but that might've been the perfect duo of SAO episodes in terms of raw reactions. The fact we got so angry at the episode BEFORE the infamous one was nuts, yet just the beginning of what would happen, especially since we didn't have a week to let episode 9 sink in.
It probably didn't help that most of us knew what was coming

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*gets letter in mail from Charter*

Oh god, another letter begging me to get their TV back?

"Hey, so starting May 1st, your apartment complex will now provide you with free basic cable & internet, so you can get one free receiver, modem, & router for no charge"

....well damn, guess I can get TV again & don't have to worry about streaming Toonami anymore....and holy crap, maybe this means I don't gotta pay for $65/mo for internet if it's included with my rent now.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
*gets letter in mail from Charter*

Oh god, another letter begging me to get their TV back?

"Hey, so starting May 1st, your apartment complex will now provide you with free basic cable & internet, so you can get one free receiver, modem, & router for no charge"

....well damn, guess I can get TV again & don't have to worry about streaming Toonami anymore....and holy crap, maybe this means I don't gotta pay for $65/mo for internet if it's included with my rent now.
How much do you use your internet for big downloads or gaming/streaming? Free basic internet might not be enough from my experience.

Though at the end of the day, free is free.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
How much do you use your internet for big downloads or gaming/streaming? Basic internet might not be enough from my experience.
Streaming is mainly for big events like Nintendo Directs, Toonami nights, etc. I almost never use Netflix unless I have someone over or I'm in the rare mood to do so. But I also think I actually have their basic internet package already, which gets me 100mbps+. I'll go in & confirm, but from what I'm seeing, they state their basic package is the speed I'm currently getting.

Even better, it seems they changed their channel package line-up & I can get FXX AND Cartoon Network together without having to pay extra, two channels that were never together when I had Dish or Charter previously. So now I can get the two things I care about: Simpsons reruns & access to Simpsons World, and Toonami.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone is curious, I watched Toonami last night using Youtube TV for the first time. The delay was about 15 or so seconds less than PlayStation Vue so it's probably very close to real time. There was no buffering or other issues, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.