• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Like this: I really like the characters in Tell Me Why, they are well realized and have depth. On chapter 3, hoping to finish it soon.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally picked up Fall Guys a few days ago and I've been having a blast with it. Totally worth my $15 already.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity has a very satisfying gameplay loop.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is a lot of fun in multiplayer, and is really chill. Don't sleep on it just because they botched local multiplayer.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
The depth of humanity portrayed in Miles Morales was really moving and unexpected. It is one of the most empathetic games I've ever played. There are multiple antagonists that you identify with and want the best for. It is so solid. For a game I kept my expectations in check for, I came away really emotional over the way it examines forgiveness.

Beautiful game.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Genshin Impact is a beautiful game, even on mobile. And the OST is perfect for the game it is. It's also a game that shows that more traditional gaming is possible on mobile with few compromises. I think everyone should give it a shot.

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dirt5 is seriously one of the most enjoyable racing games I've ever experienced. It's easily top 5 if not top 3 or higher.

Code Vein is actually a pretty good Souls-like game. While the women character designs are more than a bit of "fan-service," it's been a nice follow-up to Demon's Souls for me.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is pretty epic IMO. I'm "only" about 25 hours in but it is probably my favorite AC game to date (I've played all the mainline games except Odyssey). Eivor is the best AC protagonist.

Age of Calamity is stupid good fun if not a "Deep" game.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Mile's Morales has one of the most touching stories I've ever experienced in a game.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The title drop in Ghost of Tsushima is great. Bit of story, a bit of backstory, a bit of tutorial, bit more story - now ride....and up comes the title card as you swish through the grass on your horse.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The quality found within Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, Hades, Hollow Knight, and Fire Emblem Three Houses have given me a newfound appreciation for their respective genres that I didn't have before.

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
Ichiban Kasuga is not only a worthy successor to Kazuma Kiryu but he is just a wonderful human being (Yakuza Like a Dragon)

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Immortals Fenyx Rising has incredible comic relief and removed most of the things I hated from Breath of The Wild

This is on my radar, but as someone who felt like BOTW was closer to being a 7/10 than a 10/10 and overall thought it was good, but definitely not a masterpiece (I didn't like the lack of themed dungeons, felt shrines would've been alright had they not all had the same visual look, but overall got bored with them quickly, and didn't like the simple narrative and enemy variety), what exactly did it fix for you?

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I have been playing EU4 for years and despite all Paradox's shenanigans, it's such a great game still after all this time. So many possibilities, options and global views.

"This is Commander Sheppard and this is my favorite Strategy Game on the Citadel!"

Separately, also playing GoT now and the visuals and combat feel is just amazing. I threw in couple of Kurosawa movies just because in between some sessions.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Monster Sanctuary is a surprisingly fun Metroidvania. Quite the gem!

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons about half an hour every day, usually first thing in the morning with breakfast. It feels a little like meditation, completing a few simple chores gets my mind in a place to keep accomplishing things, and it's super fun to see the world slowly progress. I have avoided buying / trading with other players for the most part so I'm still finding lots of new stuff too. I appreciate the slow burn of it all.

Oct 29, 2017
Half life alyx is amazing and made me smile how second nature the flick and grab movement worked. So slick to carry a grenade in one hand, throw it, grab a med needle, insert it in myself all the while I'm shooting off at some head crabs coming for me. I miss half life so much. The sound effects so good

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Minecraft Dungeons is super fun playing with the family. It reminds me of Gauntlet Legends on the 64 with my buddies.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Hearts (2, at this current moment) is extremely charming, I can totally understand how people who grew up with it absolutely love it, in spite of itself sometimes.

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
'A Short Hike' put a smile on my face this year and you folks should all be giving it a try. It's a charming little gem and almost nobody knows about it!