• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
thps-remaster-vicarious-visions-1598045230.jpeg

Looks like it's doing well!

92% Metacritic - 8 Reviews
84% Open Critic - 11 Reviews

Some Review Scores:
IGN - 9/10
Kotaku - Highly Recommend
Polygon - Highly Reccomends

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This is (probably) not staying at >90 let's be honest. This is a tiny amount of reviews and surely some 4/5s are to come to bump this down.

Regardless, HYPED AS HELL TO SKATE in *checks watch* 10 hours!

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Not a game I'm bothered about the reviews on (the demo was enough for me) but happy to see it's doing well

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
I played the demo and couldn't get back into it after playing Skate3 again last year, and Skater XL since March. I'll still probably pick it up but damn, I love doing tricks with the sticks.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy it gets good scores. I still don't know what version to go for though. I'm unsure if the EGS will be a barrier for PC players, and how much of it I will play online.

Gotta decide soon..

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Was completely sold from the demo. Played the demo this morning like I have most since getting it. It absolutely feels like THPS is back and that is a wonderful thing. Midnight can't hit soon enough.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I've been waiting for a good Tony Hawk game again for so, so long. Couldn't be happier.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Vicarious does not miss

Nowadays, definitely. Back in the. Day? That's another story but they should definitely be judged for their recent trend.

Can't believe I'd see the day again where a Tony Hawk game is rated at 90 metacritic. Even if it's for a short amount of time before it drops.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any word on next-gen systems for this? Separate SKUs, patches, update charge, anything? I don't want to buy this a couple months before the PS5 hits and not have that version if one is coming

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any word on next-gen systems for this? Separate SKUs, patches, update charge, anything? I don't want to buy this a couple months before the PS5 hits and not have that version if one is coming
Actually, nothing. The only mention was that it will be backwards compatible, that's it.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
GETTING OOOOOOLDER ALL THE TIIIIIIME

FEELIN YOUNGER IN MY MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This September is absurd. Several Mario remakes. Tony fucking Hawk is alive and kicking. Amalur is being remastered. Serious Sam is back.

Anyone else planning a glorious comeback this month? Damn.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i can't believe you can only buy this game for 90 days after release, what a swerve

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Hell yes, glad to see that not all remasters of retro classics are just cash grabs like the Mario collection today.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
It's real good, friends! My review, for NME:

www.nme.com

‘Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2’ review: a gnarly remaster bound to inspire a new generation of skaters

A classic extreme sports franchise makes a gracious return to current consoles to teach a new generation how to shred

Cons

• A mass of unspectacular tactical combat
  • Not the greatest looking RPG, with some very samey environments
  • Easy to master every skill, see and do most things, and brute force your way through encounters
  • Vicarious Visions has yet to announce remakes for the rest of the franchise…

lol

Now we really do need an RPG Tony Hawk game

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
How long is that Epic Store exclusivity? 1 month? 1 year?

If it's 1 year, I might as well buy it on their awful launcher/store.