• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 digital games will be backwards compatible on PS5, right?

I want to go digital for this but I also want to keep playing it when the PS5 comes around...

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How hard is to go from playing this on playstation to xbox? I have an x and would like to play in 4k but the controls have me iffy since I only play with the D-pad and I've never really liked the xboxs placement and quality of it.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I want to go digital for this but I also want to keep playing it when the PS5 comes around...
I don't think they've really confirmed how its going to work. I know its not 100% but I figure a game coming this close would work

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

They have to work on a PS5 if they were submitted after a certain cut off point. I'm not sure if THPS made that cut-off but you can bet it did...

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

It hasn't been stated in black and white "yes or no", but what we know is that any game submitted for certification after a time in July were required to run on a PS5 in order to pass Cert, that Ubisoft believes all of it's games from this gen will run on PS5, and that Sony has tested the top 100 most played games on PS4 on PS5 and that the "vast majority" of them run at a boosted state

It's likely that the PS5 will have better compatability with PS4 games than the XBSX has with XB1 games (just due to the fact that Kinect required games form the first year or 2 of the system won't be compatable), but they haven't actually said that yet

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Ugh, just watched some reviews and the customize menus in this game look sooo like a mobile-game.
Other than that, it seems fantastic.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

remains to be seen, but i'm betting this will work fine on PS5

How hard is to go from playing this on playstation to xbox? I have an x and would like to play in 4k but the controls have me iffy since I only play with the D-pad and I've never really liked the xboxs placement and quality of it.

i opted to play on my base ps4 over my 1X strictly due to the controller. i don't think i can NOT use PS controller for THPS

dedge

Sep 15, 2019

Yes, I would expect most PS4 games to work on PS5, but any game certified after mid July for PS4 release must work on PS5, so THPS is safe.

www.eurogamer.net

PS5 backwards compatibility list: Which PS4 games will be backwards compatible with PlayStation 5?

Backwards compatibility for the PlayStation 5, including which PS4 games will be backwards compatible with the PS5, exp…

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit disappointed in the online mode.. there's no way to choose maps or game modes, everything is randomized and you play the same map a few times in a row in different modes. Not sure if it's the same in competitive mode, since I wasn't able to find a match.

They should've let us vote on maps and game modes after each round imo.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to get this. Hopefully they do the same thing with 3 & 4. I played those way more than the 1 & 2.

KevdotL

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 controller and PC for me. I did strongly considered the ps4 version, hopefully crossplay support is announced soon. Can't wait till Friday, been playing THUG Pro to prep :)

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
THPS 1+2 on point with our current times.

Hq5onVg.jpg

WASH YOUR HANDS!
G7jKcJE.jpg

1invisibleB

Feb 27, 2020
UK
Got a look at the PS4 version (review code) before it drops tomorrow, & live on Twitch if anyone wants to ask questions or wants me to test/check anything feel free :) where you at era.
(already spotted few options that were not in demo)
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Six and a half painful hours left. Filling time with Avengers and Fortnite but ugh. I WANNA SKATE.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Got a look at the PS4 version (review code) before it drops tomorrow, & live on Twitch if anyone wants to ask questions or wants me to test/check anything feel free :) where you at era.
(already spotted few options that were not in demo)
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.
Did you finish the game yet? If so; did you unlock the Powell-Peralta Ripper skater? (Assuming you don't have a deluxe copy)

jml

Mar 9, 2018
This has the original soundtrack right?
Check the OP. A couple songs are missing but the vast majority of the original soundtrack is there + some new songs. You can also go into the settings and toggle on/off any songs you want so if you only want the pure original soundtrack you can turn off the new songs.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit disappointed in the online mode.. there's no way to choose maps or game modes, everything is randomized and you play the same map a few times in a row in different modes. Not sure if it's the same in competitive mode, since I wasn't able to find a match.

They should've let us vote on maps and game modes after each round imo.
Ugh, it has matchmaking?

That shit has been ruining multiplayer for me since Halo 2.

FLUXCapacitor

Oct 25, 2017
So from what I'm reading around the web is you currently can't play online in a private party. Is this correct?

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Still not sure if I want to get this PS4 Pro or PC. PC would be obvious if it wasn't Epic.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
man. I am so unbelievably excited for this to unlock at 8CST. between this and the Mario collection coming this month I feel like a kid again.

Jun 5, 2020
I'm loading up every mainline Tony Hawk console game and compiling a list of multiplayer modes that are available via two-player split-screen. There's a lot of incorrect information floating around the internet and I want to settle this once and for all.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

Graffiti
Horse
Trick Attack

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Returning

Graffiti
Horse
Trick Attack

New

Free Skate
Tag

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

Returning

Graffiti
Horse
Trick Attack
Free Skate

New

King of the Hill
Slap!

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4

Returning

Graffiti
Horse
Trick Attack
Free Skate
King of the Hill
Slap!

New

Combo Mambo
Score Challenge

Tony Hawk's Underground

Returning

Graffiti
Horse
Trick Attack
Free Skate
King of the Hill
Slap!
Combo Mambo
Score Challenge

New

Firefight

Tony Hawk's Underground 2

Returning

Graffiti
Horse
Trick Attack
Free Skate
King of the Hill
Slap!
Combo Mambo
Score Challenge
Firefight

New

Scavenger Hunter

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

Returning

Graffiti
Horse
Trick Attack
Free Skate
King of the Hill
Slap!
Combo Mambo
Score Challenge
Firefight
Scavenger Hunter

New

Pot O' Gold

Tony Hawk's Project 8

Returning

Graffiti
Horse
Trick Attack
Free Skate
Combo Mambo
Score Challenge

New

Combo Challenge

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

Returning

Graffiti
Horse
Trick Attack
Free Skate
Combo Mambo
Score Challenge
Combo Challenge

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2

Returning

Graffiti
Horse
Trick Attack
Free Skate
Tag
Combo Mambo
Score Challenge
Combo Challenge

Split-screen mode list

Graffiti
Horse
Trick Attack
Free Skate
Tag
King of the Hill
Slap!
Combo Mambo
Score Challenge
Firefight
Scavenger Hunter
Pot O' Gold
Combo Challenge

Last edited:

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
So wait. Am I seeing that there is no private lobbies? I can't just invite my brother in to skate with me? Is there at least a party system so we can link up and then go online together?

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
I guess it's worth asking here: Does the game have any new secret characters? aside from...

Jack Black as Officer Dick?