• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
What was previously called the Mute Air/Grab in past Tony Hawk Pro Skater games is now named The Weddle Grab in the remaster after the creator, Chris Weddle.

Tony Hawk's Instagram post about the change:

Thought this was really cool!

Kotaku article about the change

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
That's really nice.
And Tony Hawk really continues to be a legitimately good person, it seems. What a cool dude.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
people stopped saying sex change instead of body varial and people have stopped referring to transition as tranny, so it shouldn't be too difficult to accept this change as well

when official names for things are steeped in slang and local culture problematic stuff like this will always pop up, so i'm glad to see them challenging and changing it

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Really fantastic change. Tony Hawk seems like a genuinely good dude and it's great seeing him recognize this kind of stuff.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I like that Weddle said "'deaf' grab is okay" and Tony was like "fuck that, we're using your name"

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking awesome. Good on Hawk for trying to change this for the better.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
deaf grab sounds dope too

I had no idea on the history of this trick. I had never heard of Weddle, wither. Seems like a really good change.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
What was previously called the Mute Air/Grab in past Tony Hawk Pro Skater games is now named The Weddle Grab in the remaster after the creator, Chris Weddle.

Tony Hawk's Instagram post about the change:

Thought this was really cool!

Kotaku article about the change

Man thats great news and Props on Tony for reaching out and correcting something he felt was wrong for someone so they have some claim to what they created.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
This is really awesome. Never knew the story of the mute grab before.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Reading the title, my first thought was that they renamed the Christ Air to the Honor Creator.

That's an awesome gesture by Tony though, I want to learn more move name origins

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Didn't know this story. Legendary just like Tony

Also, lmao reading that thread title had me spinning in circles. I thought they changed the name of the game to "Honor Creator"
This is actually what I first thought, then I thought they changed a move to Honor Creator.

On topic: A sad story but has a happy ending, almost made me tear up.

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
Never understood how people ever got mixed up between Deaf and Mute. Seen other things in the past where people think they're the same thing too.