• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
PS4 or Xbox One?

PS4 - Classic, comfortable PlayStation controller.
Xbox One - 4K/60fps on Xbox One X and Series X. Controller could work if you played the originals on Dreamcast and/or Xbox (like I did).

minimalism

Jan 9, 2018
Just like with Crash and Spyro, I guess I'll be waiting a year to play this on Switch because companies apparently literally hate money.

Oct 27, 2017
This might be minor, but I'm really unhappy with the animation they chose for bail recovery. Otherwise I think there's a chance this could be a huge hit, especially with the Park Creator having sharing options. If we get Tony Hawk Maker out of this I'll be ecstatic.

But I'm going to wait to purchase until I've seen coverage or gotten a chance to go hands on with it myself.

This is so weird. Is it to just not have to make animations for them getting up?

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Someday, my friend, someday Skate will return..

in something else than a mobile phone. At least that's what I pray for every night.

I'll keep believing.

This gen I saw all my biggest wishes happen in Crash making a comeback and TLG & Beyond Good & Evil 2 resurfacing, the only one that didn't happen was Skate 4 :(

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This might be minor, but I'm really unhappy with the animation they chose for bail recovery. Otherwise I think there's a chance this could be a huge hit, especially with the Park Creator having sharing options. If we get Tony Hawk Maker out of this I'll be ecstatic.

But I'm going to wait to purchase until I've seen coverage or gotten a chance to go hands on with it myself.

I wouldn't be surprised if they worried it would look too violent with the more realistic graphics. Especially since THPS has always had a lighthearted vibe.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland

I totally forgot about the weird ragdoll physics in HD.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
Now wait a minute... hasn't this happened before?

220px-TonyHawkHDArt.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Hawk's_Pro_Skater_HD
Tim Gettys pointed out that Tony Hawk 1+2 has been ported to every generation since inception

PS1 - THPS1 and THPS2
Xbox - THPS 2X (complete THPS1 + 2 collection)
Xbox 360/PS3 - THPS HD (mix of THPS1 + 2 content but not complete)
Xbox One/PS4 - THPS1+2 Remaster

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. I don't get hyped easy when it comes to games these days but that trailer was fucking awesome. THPS1 was my life as a kid and seeing all those old spots with that track playing made me genuinely happy. I legit can't wait.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Already pretty confident about the answer to this but this doesn't include ports of the actual PSX originals, does it? Lame that it doesn't, extra lame that they show footage of them in this marketing video.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019

I mean, even in the original your board magically appears under your feet, so I'm not bothered at all by the rider and board just materializing again. Looks kinda neat tbh.

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
Hoping this game will be better than their last outing. I had a ton of fun with THPS2 back in the day, but not sure if I'd still enjoy it now haha

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
So apparently Spidey likely won't be in the game, but this series is all about secrets for me. What could Activision add to replace him? Crash and Spyro? Some Starcraft, Warcraft or Overwatch characters? Maybe some CoD characters?

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
So apparently Spidey likely won't be in the game, but this series is all about secrets for me. What could Activision add to replace him? Crash and Spyro? Some Starcraft, Warcraft or Overwatch characters? Maybe some CoD characters?
I'm going to bet on Blizzard characters, yes.

The reason why at some point we had Spider-Man, Iron Man, Jango Fett, etc is because Activision had license for all of those. Kiss in THUG is the only weird one... Activision doesn't have any other IP licensed at the moment.