• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
This song helped launch about 80 percent of my musical taste. Great band.
Oh yeah, it was incredible. So much of my favourite songs and bands around this time came from things I had discoverd in early TH games.

The games came out before I had the internet so I had no way to find these bandsm but I remember sometimes just sticking the game on and having the soundtrack play in the background. Real good, if a little sad, memory

Erevador

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, people are downvoting the video for this reveal? Isn't this exactly what everyone has wanted from Tony Hawk for a long time?

As for me, day one. Bring back extreme sports games. Remake SSX Tricky and 3, EA...

Oct 25, 2017
Now wait a minute... hasn't this happened before?

220px-TonyHawkHDArt.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Hawk's_Pro_Skater_HD
You must've dreamed it.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
From the trailer and Jack Black gameplay i cought theese non-important things:
-Chad Muska does not have his ghetto blaster hanging from his back pack any more. Will the "one-foot 5-0 thumpin'" special be in?
-The skaters don't get up by them selfes when falling. Instead resets.
-Sound effects are weak
-The hard flip is not the bad-ass hard flip.
-No blood
-I'm nit-picking. I really should not since i trust VV to make this a playable game.
:( But these are important things for core fans
No major deal breakers like not having the music.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
If this is the full games without any microtransactions at all, I'm in though not on Epic Store. Guess it'll be years from now in a Steam sale then.

Oct 27, 2017
No one cares about your dumb gamer wars

I literally just bought Session on Steam because of this thread so I dunno. Maybe the publishers and devs should start to care? It would have been this game if it was available on Steam ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thought I'm sure Tim pays them enough to make it worth pissing off players so they don't give a shit.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Wait, people are downvoting the video for this reveal? Isn't this exactly what everyone has wanted from Tony Hawk for a long time?

As for me, day one. Bring back extreme sports games. Remake SSX Tricky and 3, EA...
The people downvoting the reveal video are kids who didn't want Tony Hawk at all. The actual trailer for the game is almost entirely thumbs up.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Played them to death on my PS1. This remake looks great, I'll likely pick this up day one

It's no SKATE tho

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't until 3 that I REALLY got into Tony Hawk but I might get these when they're on sale, would love to see a 3/4 remaster.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame about a lack of Switch version, but I will get this first day for PS4. I have been missing this series for years.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited, too. THPS is the game that introduced me to Busdriver. IIRC, Imaginary Places is on THPS2.

Man, I don't even like thrash or whatever subgenre of music these games often have normally, but I love these soundtracks. Listening to Chuck D in the warehouse is a big gaming memory of mine.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
$40 is a bit steep, but I'm still going to buy this. I had Tony Hawk 1 down to a science. I used to spend what felt like hours just skating around in free skate mode, too.

You think so? We live in a post Link's Awakening for $60 world.

$40 for 2x games this feature complete seems like a great deal to me. Online and split-screen co-op, create-a-skater/park with online sharing, 4K 60FPS, etc.

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in. 1+2 were my shit! Micro-transactions will probably be create-a-skater skins, clothes and new tricks.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks nice, though I wish it included some of the levels from 3 & 4. I didn't get into the series until 3 so a 1+2 remake doesn't hit that nostalgia note for me

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I literally just bought Session on Steam because of this thread so I dunno. Maybe the publishers and devs should start to care? It would have been this game if it was available on Steam ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thought I'm sure Tim pays them enough to make it worth pissing off players so they don't give a shit.
I find it silly that someone who "really" wants something can't be bothered to download a launcher to play said game. I downloaded EGS for satisfactory and haven't had any issues with it. I get it's not as feature heavy as Steam but it's just a launcher. I don't even notice it because i launch it all through steam.

Mar 19, 2020
I wrote off the rumors of this assuming they would fuck it up like the last one. But it seems like they're putting the work in to make it amazing! I'm frickin hyped!

Also, the warehouse demo is probably the best preorder incentive I've ever seen.