• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Shame it's EGS. I've played thousands of hours of THPS1 and 2, I've even played the shit out of that not too good remaster they released years ago, but I ain't gonna buy this because of EGS. I'll wait Steam release and some sort of sale price.

Hell, I can get Skater XL and Session on Steam for the same price this is or I can go out and skate. I'll survive :)

evilromero

Oct 27, 2017
Dayumm would've been there on day one on Switch but ah well. Will hopefully pick it up on sale for PS4 assuming it plays well.

THPS3 actually holds the most memories for me I think. Simpler times...
So you would've picked it up on Switch regardless of how it plays but now will maybe get it on PS4 if it plays well? How does that logic work?

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Only 1 and 2? Meh, those didn't have Revert, which is necessary for great combos.

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Hostility; numerous prior bans for hostility and inflammatory behavior
Shame it's EGS. I've played thousands of hours of THPS1 and 2, I've even played the shit out of that not too good remaster they released years ago, but I ain't gonna buy this because of EGS. I'll wait Steam release and some sort of sale price.

Hell, I can get Skater XL and Session on Steam for the same price this is or I can go out and skate. I'll survive :)
No one cares about your dumb gamer wars

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I don't play non-story games anymore (unless available for "free" on +/NOW) but this looks like an absolutely great remake and very fun.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
$40 is a bit steep, but I'm still going to buy this. I had Tony Hawk 1 down to a science. I used to spend what felt like hours just skating around in free skate mode, too.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fucking shit this is a goty contender for me. I think this will be the first physical game I get this year.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
No idea why you're waiting for Session, especially considering it's been on sale for half off for a week now.

Do I have to buy every game immediately when I am not going to have time to play them? Price might be better when I'm ready to play it. It's sat on my radar for a long time as a possible game to get as I'm not "waiting" for it, and it's just a very low priority anyway

Really don't get this attitude. There are already far too many games for me to get round to, on top of a nice backlog I'm working through. Other games I'm interested in at similar or better prices, just out compete it. THPS being fairly expensive for games I've already played, and not being on a service I want to use, just push me to other games first.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
So you would've picked it up on Switch regardless of how it plays but now will maybe get it on PS4 if it plays well? How does that logic work?
It makes sense to me because the early Tony Hawk games are a perfect fit for a portable console. It's the ultimate type of game you can jump into, play for like 5 minutes, and then close out of.

Mit-

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't realize Robomodo died in 2016 but still PRAISE GOD ROBOMODO IS DEAD.

CRASH/SPYRO VICARIOUS VISIONS IS SUCH GREAT NEWS.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
They are adding in reverts and spine transfers from 3 and 4.
ZveWLHt.gif

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take... Proving Grounds was my favorite. I liked the small open world you could skate in.

Nov 13, 2017
Is this some low quality trolling that egs doesn't count as pc? Or is it actually coming out later then the console versions on egs?
May as well not count. After Epic literally deleted games from my library after I uninstalled them, I vowed never to get another game there again. Had to buy some games again when they released on Steam and start all over again, which I originally wasn't planning to do. Such a god awful store.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The timing of this is so unreal for me personally. Just a few days ago I started getting huuuuuge cravings to play classic THPS again. This is like a surreal answer to that desire.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
That guy on the stream looked like Tony Hawk.

Really excited for this, I've had a THPS itch lately.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Finally a good remaster? This will be such a nostalgia trip, along with the soundtrack. That Papa Roach song Blood Brothers and You by Bad Religion pretty much got me interested in rock music.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Well they confirmed they are using gameplay from 3/4 so I'm stoked, I guess you'll hate it
No. Revert wasn't the main issue with THPS3. The maps were boring, the revert only added a small amount to change it up from 2 and the soundtrack, while it had some good jams, was mostly boring. 4 actually turned it around for me because they stole so many good things from Aggressive Inline that they actually evolved the game. THUG was good but I had problems playing THUG2 because of all the bugs and other crazy shit in it.

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
I don't get much time to sit down in front of the TV and get far more opportunities to play my Switch. Plus it feels like a game I'd thoroughly enjoy playing on the go (I couldn't get on board with Doom for example) so would be worth buying. With less time to play on PS4 I'm more dependent on how good the game is before committing.

Completely appreciate how my first comment reads though, just disappointed really.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
From the trailer and Jack Black gameplay i cought theese non-important things:
-Chad Muska does not have his ghetto blaster hanging from his back pack any more. Will the "one-foot 5-0 thumpin'" special be in?
-The skaters don't get up by them selfes when falling. Instead resets.
-Sound effects are weak
-The hard flip is not the bad-ass hard flip.
-No blood
-I'm nit-picking. I really should not since i trust VV to make this a playable game.