• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Activision is pretty good with these remakes (aside from the shit monetisation they put into COD4)

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I just had a realization hit me. Vicarious Visions are gonna be stupid again and not allow for 60fps on the Pro and X, even though it would be completely feasible as it was on the Crash Trilogy and Team Racing. Fuck.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
"Remaster" sounds more true to the original, and for a title like this you don't want a "from the ground up" feel to the game.

"Remake" makes you worry they changed the physics and gameplay.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Now wait a minute... hasn't this happened before?

220px-TonyHawkHDArt.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Hawk's_Pro_Skater_HD

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
Dayumm would've been there on day one on Switch but ah well. Will hopefully pick it up on sale for PS4 assuming it plays well.

THPS3 actually holds the most memories for me I think. Simpler times...

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey look, if you can't get Spiderman back. There's another Guest Character you can put in.

spyro-reignited-trilogy-all-spyro-year-of-the-dragon-skill-points-and-how-to-complete-them-guide-ps4-playstation-4.original.jpg

Just saying, you have rights to him Activision. You can make it happen.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
You can be happy that 1 and 2 are being remade and also hold that opinion simultaneously 🤷‍♂️

They confirmed revert so I'm stoked
Its like 1 and 2 remade with the better gameplay of 3, this a dream come true

I just don't like the feel of old Tony hawk without the revert, feels like a key mechanic is just missing

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
Ah man, would have absolutely bought this for Switch. Bummer. But happy for those who get to relive the joy of one of the greatest games of the PS1 era.

SunBro

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Holy shit you can see the stitches on the sk8 hi

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk

Day one despite sweeney.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I am glad Activision didn't forget that they are a game company with a vast and diverse lineup of IP. EA seems to have forgotten and now only releases service games. It's nice to know you can be super successful and not forget your past.

Activision literally only releases Call of Duty games now with remasters some times. What do you mean? EA may release alot of GAAS games but they still release alot of IP. Activision only uses COD.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the 90th person that says this: this is not a remasster. This is a remake.
In no way is this a remaster, with all assets remade, and probably most if not all of the code...
Their marketing team thinks that calling these games "remakes" would lead their fans to believe that they're going to stray from the original ones too much.
That's because now consumers expect "remakes" to be complete reimaginings/soft reboots with just some characters and story beats being preserved.

This is pretty dumb and i really blame Activision for making the whole "what a remaster is vs what a remake is" debate so much confusing and contrived nowadays.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah just ignore the fact that there are many grievances one can have against the EGS, or it's owner Tim Sweeney.

Just because you don't give a shit doesn't mean other people don't.

Yeah just ignore the fact that it's actually coming to PC in September.

Just because you have grievance against the EGS or its owner Tim Sweeny doesn't change the fact that it's coming to PC in September.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I just had a realization hit me. Vicarious Visions are gonna be stupid again and not allow for 60fps on the Pro and X, even though it would be completely feasible as it was on the Crash Trilogy and Team Racing. Fuck.

60fps is already confirmed.

Slightly related but some kid landed a 1080 irl the other day.

Elija2

Oct 26, 2017
After watching the interview and hearing that they're looking at the original Neversoft code and including a revamped create-a-park mode, I'm actually really excited for this.

In the interview they also mention that reverts will be in the game, so I wonder if they'll be adjusting the high score goals so that they're not too easy.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Holy shit.

Well Activisons remasters have been excellent across the board, and vicarious visions havn't missed a beat so far

Finally free from the clutches of Robomondo.

Surprised its all of the original tracks though.

Maybe this will encourage another big publisher to bring back one of their old skating ip's back......

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Depends, but I typically don't find "here's an old game again" announcements terribly exciting.
Was never really into THPS (I'm a Skate-man) but hopefully this will be good for those who are.

Sad to see Epic continuing to limit the options for customers.

Last edited: