• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Vicarious Visions, huh? I wonder what this means for the next Crash game. Perhaps Beenox is developing.

No. Vicarious have been expanding since the release of the Crash trilogy. This looks like another team within the studio.

They're still in charge of the next Crash game (Crash 4 or whatever they're gonna call it).

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon Germany also lists that SE with a Birdhouse deck. But they're only taking pre-orders for the XBOX version atm, not PS4...

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
They said in the stream they'd like to to 3 next.

Pre order so they can start working on it sooner.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
With all the lapsed gamers that have, and will continue to come back to gaming due to the quarantine and most of the entertainment landscape being on fire, this is the absolute best time for THPS' return, provided of course it's good.

It was a legitimate cultural phenomenon back in the day, which might be lost on those who were younger.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Vicarious Visions are top notch and since it's 40$ I have no complaints. Can't wait for this. Also great start to the Summer Games fest stuff.

Dec 15, 2017
Where is my CTR PC port? Vicarious visions should be taking care of that. I am starting to believe that the port will never be released.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will it include the exclusive levels and additions of Tony Hawk 2x on the original xbox?
The graphics look a little too "realistic" which makes it dull when compared to the original 2 games, sadly.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I am legit mindblown hyped about this. I did not see this coming. I hope it literally feels like playing the originals with a new coat of paint. I'll even accept animation jank to preserve original gameplay.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i will pre-order this for all consoles. i am so fucking happy.
please give me either a thps 3 remake or a level pack as dlc.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I might pick this up to hold me over until the other Fall releases. Is there multiplayer with free roam skating?

Plum

May 31, 2018
Ehhh. I've got no nostalgia for the original so I don't know whether I'll decide to pick it up.

But damn, the PS1-era generation really does get everything lol

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Damn, I was hopping for Switch. THPS is great for portables, loved American Sk8land on DS.

Oh well, better than nothing, hope it's good

Jun 23, 2019
SO HERE I AM

DOING EVERYTHING I CAN

Let's go! I might actually buy the CE and get that board. Shit, I might start skateboarding again! 😀

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Have they actually said it's not going to be for sale on Battle.net?
No Idea but thats what iam assuming considering they haven't said anything regarding such a deal. Ubi announced deal with epic and that games are gonna be available on both platforms explicitly but i guess there is a little chance that it might also be available on battle.net.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
With all the lapsed gamers that have, and will continue to come back to gaming due to the quarantine and most of the entertainment landscape being on fire, this is the absolute best time for THPS' return, provided of course it's good.

It was a legitimate cultural phenomenon back in the day, which might be lost on those who were younger.

This is a really good point, this could be HUGE

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I'm happy with this announcement, so many memories of 2.Visually it looks awesome, hopefully the physics are 1:1 with the original (on 2 at least).

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I've only played THPS4. Will this release still have the gameplay mechanics that that game had?

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder they are going to use 2X as the base for this and have it's new levels and modes included. It already had the TPS1 levels in it as well

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so stoked for this. I just pulled out all of my told THPS games and am in the process of hooking up my PS2 right now. Instant preordered.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Activision have been calling their remakes remasters like Crash and Spyro. I think they want people to know that the controls and feel are still the same and only the visuals are upgraded.
Activision execs like to call them remasters when it's clear barely any of the OG games' original code are even used.

They said the same to the Spyro and Crash remakes. They're weird like that.

Ah okay, its on them then. Spyro / Crash where the same.