• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hold up, do we actually know this, or is this just the assumption based on the screenshot?

Additionally, why would Activision include their own logo with the logos of the platforms this will be available on?

I think OP is jumping the gun.

Deleted member 47076

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Not on N64? WTF

But seriously, I wasn't expecting this after the kind of meh 'remake' of old TH maps. Hopefully it's good.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
This interview is good, at the least they understand that the recent games just misses that "feel" that the original games had.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Some details

The remaster will also feature all the original levels from the first two games in the franchise, from the Warehouse to The Bullring. Those levels can be played solo with goals old and new, with a buddy for local co-op, or online with original multiplayer game modes. All of this will be presented in stunning 4K resolution* with updated and enhanced graphics, running at a frame rate crisper than a perfect 50-50 grind: 60 FPS.

Let's not forget the tunes, either: Remember the iconic soundtrack of the original game, made possible thanks to the PlayStation's shift to high-fidelity CD audio? Many of the unforgettable songs from the original games are back to help amp you up while you go for that Sick Score.

Rather carve up your own park with a skater you created? Create-A-Skater and Create-A-Park are back; the latter featuring a robust editing suite, allowing you to create a spectacular level of customization. Want to make the skate park of your wildest imagination? It's all there waiting for you to build, and then share online with friends

After you create a park, why not create yourself – or a friend… or one gnarly looking poser – in Create-A-Skater? With plenty of customization options, including some that feature iconic skating and street brands, you'll be able to express a crazy amount of creativity just in your custom skater alone.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2 will be available worldwide for the suggested retail price in the U.S. of $39.99. A digital deluxe version that includes unique content and gear will be available for the suggested retail price in the U.S. of $49.99. Digital pre-orders coming soon to PlayStation Store.
blog.us.playstation.com

Get Ready to Grind into Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2

The legendary skateboarding games return on September 4, remastered by Activision and developer Vicarious Visions.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda thought this would come to Switch as well - welp lets hope Skater XL delivers.
Great to have these classics back though.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
User Warned: Trolling
Oh no, I have to open up a new launcher to launch the game.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I'm literally crying. There's not a single game announced for Switch past this June and even Tony Hawk is missing it. this is pushing me further into depression...

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this is one of my most want announcements, physics immediately look better than THPS HD and 5. I cannot wait. VV being on it gives me great confidence. Where can I pre order to get the demo? Is it possible to get it today ?

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Interesting, isn't Vicarious Visions the ones rumored to be working on Diablo 2? I wonder if that rumor was true or if they got looped in since they are working on a remaster of a classic franchise, but the titles got mixed up.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Also, the trailer shows manual tricks and liptricks, so it's fair to assume revert is happening as well.

Racos

Oct 27, 2017
I am excited to play this knowing that it is being created by a respected developer. Glad to be able to play Tony Hawk with a fresh coat of paint!

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first non COD Activision game to not be out on Steam right?
I wonder what this means for future games, like a Sekiro 2 or something

James3D

Oct 25, 2017
I'm plugging in my PS4 for this and then I'll get it again on Switch when they put it out.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Actually excited for this. Now if only EA could get its head out of its ass and make Skate 4.

May 5, 2018
Honestly, Vicarious Visions is the best developer for this. They've made their own Tony Hawks on the GBA and DS (The GBA versions of 2-4 are also considered surprisingly good) so I'm pretty happy with this news. Also calling it, Crash will be a guest skater in either 1 or 2. AND will Spiderman skate again?

Oct 27, 2017
I fully expect every discussion the internet over to be filled with "Would be perfect for Switch" as if that quote hasn't been driven into the ground by now.
They've kind of brought it on themselves, especially if it shows up as a late port. We're well past the point of companies have the excuse of "Well, this started development before we knew about the Switch" or "We wanted to wait and see to see how the Switch did". If it's technically feasible for the system (which a lot of releases like Bethesda's shooters and Switcher3 are showing is much larger than was initially thought), they're going to get shit if it isn't available