• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A real remaster and modern THPS that aren't shit is so overdue. It boggles my mind that Activision has not been able to get this right. THPS is one of the biggest nostalgia pieces in all of videogames ever.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
So we arent getting a new Tony Hawk? Or is this 1+2 remaster a 2 in 1? Either way hype, 2 was significantly better because of manuals, but im partial to 1's soundtrack as well

If Activision is involved, I'd take a remaster over a new game. Hell I don't even 100% trust them with a remaster after the HD disaster for 360/PS3.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The spyro and crash remasters got switch ports, and almost all of the Tony Hawk games were on nintendo consoles. If would be super bizarre if these remasters didn't come to everything.
🤞

Tony Hawk on the GBA was great
For the record, Activision also referred to the Crash Trilogy as a "remaster" and they were full on remakes.
Yeah, Activision isn't quite sure what a remake is sometimes...

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Never a skateboarding fan, but used to play THPS 1 at my friend's during lunch while in middle school. Good times, might purchase depending on the price.

Oct 26, 2017

SpawnWave is I think an insider himself and seemingly this implies it's true.

Wonder who's behind this. Is it definitely published by Activision?

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Hope this is true and lives up to the original games rather than the crappy HD versions.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would have been more surprised and pleased if I'd seen it as it was originally intended to be revealed. This is surprise tinged with sourness and disappointment that just because someone was texted by Tony Hawk they felt they had to share it with everyone else.
A lot of people where text this, it's a community newsletter. Lmao you can't be serious

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more than okay with this.

1. It could turn out great and I get to play these great games again on newer hardware

2. I don't have to watch Geoff Keighley

fucking win!

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Please be good, please be good, please be good. These are some of my most played games as a kid. It's been so long since we had a half decent one.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
They leaked E3 cancellation weeks in advance iirc
ahh yeah makes sense.

"Maybe Geoff" would be fantastic. But I doubt I'll ever have my tag changed at this rate.
I mean never say never can always happen. Tho then again that Fallen tag was supposed to be a temp 1 month tho lmao.

I also want a text from Tony Hawk
Maybe you can use the number he put out I think it's on his twitter?

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I'm only excited about this because it gives more credibility to past Crash Bandicoot rumors :p

but I'll gladly buy THPS if it's on Switch

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, this is exciting. If there is genuine effort put into it, like there was with Spyro and Crash, I will be so happy.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I got texts from Dave Mirra and Kelly Slater saying "THE FUCK ABOUT OUR REMASTERS?!".

Dave Mirra is dead

tenor.gif

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Why not just do 2X the often forgotten xbox exclusive tony hawk game that is a combination of the first two games with some new maps thrown in?

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If this is a good remaster I'm allll in. I don't love the original as much but THPS2 is one of my favourite games.
I'm hoping I can get it for PS and Switch.