• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Tony Hawk just texted me and told me that he has a surprise. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2 are coming back. Original maps, original skaters and songs from the original soundtrack, plus new features! The game looks awesome and will be officially announced soon.

2kiX8nk.png

Are you and Tony tight, Geoff?

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
While I was far too kind to THPS HD at launch, I wouldn't call it a remaster. It was a weird mishmash of the first two games with a gameplay engine that didn't feel right, and it didn't have all the maps (let alone characters or music) from the first two games.

I have *zero* expectations that they can secure all the music rights though. That almost never happens in these cases, so best not to expect that's going to happen here.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Why couldn't I get this text? He only messaged me to ask if I wanted to go for a drink later.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Its not a troll thread lol, i signed up for the Tony Hawk text thing too to try and win my son a board and never turned it off, and yep he did just text everyone saying its coming

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wait this might be real?! Geoff this is MUCH BIGGER than a "fun announcement". This is a megaton.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also wtf I was thinking about this needing to happen this morning and then this. I really can predict the future.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I just played through 2X a few weeks ago and the nostalgia was real. I'm in!

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my goodness! The nostalgia is going to be so real - this is amazing, please don't fuck it up!

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Uhmm, bad choice of words there. Pro Skater 2 without Spiderman, create a park feature, music, and legacy park stages

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
really just gonna rerelease the first game again and add the second and ignore the 3rd which is the best game?

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the first time one of those community newsletters actually broke important news?