• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking to Gamespot, Jen Oneal the boss at Vicarious Visions clarified that there will be no microtransactions for the upcoming title that's due to land on Xbox One, PS4, and PC exclusively for the Epic Games Store. "Everything that you see at launch is going to be unlocked with gameplay. We're not planning on having monetization at launch," she explained. However, while the game's launch will be microtransactions free, Oneal says that Vicarious Visions might consider implementing microtransactions later down the road.

Activision continues their tradition.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Don't care, I'm in day 1.

Hopefully it's all cosmetics and maps are free to everyone so MP isn't fucked up.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
sadly this is Activision so more then likely they will patch them in later

How were the micro transactions in CTR?

they let you buy in game currency which wasn't the easiest to get at times, it's gotten alot better and pretty much anyone i know who plays the game hasn't bought any

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
There is literally a Digital Deluxe version with an extra character ( " 'The Ripper' from Powell-Peralta® " ) in the epic game store

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean as long as all the content from the originals is there, does it really matter ?

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
CTR was multiplayer focused which made online racing more of a focus so to do that with this game either they are fucking with the structure, making a multiplayer that's the actual focus, or going all in on skins.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
If it has currency that's as easy to get as CTR's, then fine by me. It'll probably be there for your customizable skater, boards, and premium skaters. If we do get more maps then they'll probably be free.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Is this some kind of scheme to minimize bad press around release? I don't get it. The original games did quite well without microtransactions I seem to recall

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
CTR was multiplayer focused which made online racing more of a focus so to do that with this game either they are fucking with the structure, making a multiplayer that's the actual focus, or going all in on skins.

I mean, they already said MP is a focus in the trailer (just like how it was in the OG game).

Is this some kind of scheme to minimize bad press around release? I don't get it. The original games did quite well without microtransactions I seem to recall

Those were like 20 years ago?
I mean as long as all the content from the originals is there, does it really matter ?

It doesn't, really

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
It's Activision of course they are. Just look at MW Remastered.

How From got away from them putting some in Sekiro I have no idea.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
It's Activision of course they are. Just look at MW Remastered.

How From got away from them putting some in Sekiro I have no idea.
Sekiro is single player only which seems to be the main way of avoiding all of this stuff

the Crash and Spyro Trilogy remakes were also singler player only and didn't get any Microtransactions either

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Activision gunna Activision. Just release it F2P and pack it to the gills with cosmetic vanity stuff. Done.

Geedorah

Oct 27, 2017
The practice of adding in loot boxes after the first wave of reviews is utterly disgusting and cowardly.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
What microtransactions could they even add? If they're adding levels from THPS3 and 4 I'm in, otherwise I simply won't care.

Oct 2, 2018
they could easily sell new characters, outfits and map packs but YMMV how they're going to do it.

I have it preordered on amazon but I could just as well cancel it and wait for a $20 sale.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
So it will ship as a complete product and later maybe add additional content later for $$$? Hardly outrageous.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
And another game off the list. I really hate this shit.
If they build it like Crash Team Racing then you will be able to play the original modes of the game purely and be none the wiser about the MTX.

The MTX in Crash Team Racing are tied to the new content.

Not saying that makes it right, but at least there is a compromise for those who want a pure experience like the originals.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Sekiro is single player only which seems to be the main way of avoiding all of this stuff

the Crash and Spyro Trilogy remakes were also singler player only and didn't get any Microtransactions either

Sekiro also was just published in the west by Activision. FromSoftware and their parent company developed the game, so most likely Acti had no real say in that game's development.

Wesley

Jan 10, 2018
Can't believe they're going to let me buy a game, based on reviews of what's in the game, and then later on add things that might cost some money. So annoyed!!!

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Activision gunna Activision. Just release it F2P and pack it to the gills with cosmetic vanity stuff. Done.
This is the way.
But instead they will make the money up front AND in the back.

Gotta make sure my kid does not get into it then, he has no concept of money and I'd rather buy legos then virtual skate decks.

Zombie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's how Activision operate with all of their console titles now, starting with Call of Duty WW2. Get the reviews in and don't dampen the conversation surrounding the game before launch and then throw them in a month later.

OhMyZach

Oct 27, 2017
If its anything like CTR, then it is absolutely not a big deal. You're still getting everything you paid for. They're just adding extra content that you could earn for free.

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017

But that won't be day 1 dlc, it will be day 7 dlc and totally okay. They didn't cut it out during development to squeeze money out of you.
During development someone was like

"dude why don't we add THPS3 man, it's like similar to the other games n shit"

And the other dude was like "woah man we don't have time for this man, maybe during the last few weeks during development you know, when polishing and the designers don't have anything to do we can add that dude"

And they were like "yeah dude" and "duuuude yeah"

So it seems more like I am "Bobby dude maybe I'll wait till I get the game as a complete edition for 10 bucks man, dudeeeee"

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when i purchased CTR at launch to support a 40€ release without microtransactions.

Not making the same mistake again.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So it will ship as a complete product and later maybe add additional content later for $$$? Hardly outrageous.

yeah i don't get the "WONT BUY NOW" comments

If they build it like Crash Team Racing then you will be able to play the original modes of the game purely and be none the wiser about the MTX.

The MTX in Crash Team Racing are tied to the new content.

Not saying that makes it right, but at least there is a compromise for those who want a pure experience like the originals.

What is the Mtx? is it just kart / character skins ?

god i hope so - no split MP community, just one big MCC style playlist... Dream Game right there

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In fine with it. As long as the base game has a decent amount of content they can sell all the skateboards and skins they want.