• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 22, 2017
Was just leaving Safeway to get a treat for my six year old daughter after her first ever play and a drunk driver smashed my car all up.

We were sitting at the stop light, second car in line to turn left, and this audi comes flying around the corner going like 40 mph, hit the curb, over corrects into me, and hits the car behind me.

I immediately check on my daughter, who is completely freaked out. She has a bruise on her cheek but is otherwise fine.

Out of the other car comes this staggering, Brett Kavanaugh looking mother fucker who can barely walk because he is so drunk. He basically had the demeanor like "whoops, ya got me" and after I screamed at him he responds in an almost mocking tone saying "Look, I'm sorry" and sulks back to his car.

As angry as I am, the reason I am posting this is I was completely floored with how helpful random strangers were. 4 or 5 cars stopped to make sure we were OK. They called the police, exchanged contact info to be witnesses, and one lady even sat with my daughter and comforted her while I dealt with everyone. As cliche as it sounds, it restored my faith in humanity and this crazy ass world we live in.

Also, that motherfucker is sleeping in jail tonight, and I hope is never allowed to drive again.

The-Demon

Alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
One of my friends was killed by a drunk driver, no sympathy for that shit. A remember case i think someone got prison for 6 months....6 fucking months for killing somone. It should be years, no idea why the system is so fucking lenient with this shit

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Fuck drunk drivers.

I've lost two friends to them

Glad you and your daughter are safe.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I was t-boned by a drunk driver once, totalled my car. It sucked. Glad you're okay.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Go get checked out by a doctor immediately and have your daughter looked at as well. If anything feels even remotely sore bring it up and get it documented. Then call a lawyer.

Fuck drunk drivers. Ruin him.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Damn man, hope you are okay. I had a <18 year old drunk girl once hit me as I was driving back from college - was pretty bad experience but some random people helped out too. That day, I decided if I witnessed an accident I will help other people out

Also get checked, idk how bad your accident was, but people notice back stiffness the next day. Better to get it documented before hand

Edit: also keep the police report # on hand. I had the girls mom call her insurance company and tell them that I hit her daughter. Was an interesting tale when I told her her client (the girl) was in jail and hit me, then I talked about how my little sister was in the car. And the agent immediately apologized and corrected the situation.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Glad to hear everyone is ok. The car can be replaced.

Arrakis

Oct 30, 2017
ontario,canada
Lost my father in law to a drink driver , almost tore my wife's family apart due to heartache , hope that fucker gets what he deserves , glad you and your daughter are ok OP

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Glad you're safe. The shitty part is that it seems like drunk driving is treated like a joke in the justice system. Like a license suspension for 6 months or a year then you can get back on the road.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I'm so glad to hear you're okay, and glad to hear that so many wonderful people came to help you. There are plenty of good people out there.

My friend's mother was hit by a drunk driver when i was in high school, and she had to have major surgery and more than a year of physical therapy to walk again. It was terrifying.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I'm sure it took every fiber of your being to not turn that asshole into a pile of red paste. Be sure to fuck his life up through every legal avenue possible. Some things are just unforgivable and irredeemable.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've lost both friends and family to drunk drivers. I hate them with a fucking passion. If you drive drunk, you're an awful human being, you deserve to never fucking drive again. There are thousands of options to ensure you don't have to drive drunk. Find a friend to drive you, call a cab, call an uber, use a designated driver. And, shit, if you live in a shithole town that has none of that, just drink at home. You don't HAVE to go out to drink. And fuck bar culture, too.

Believe it or not, there is a drunk driving defense force on this site, so get ready for people to be like "but you HAVE to drive drunk sometimes" like dipshits.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
I've lost both friends and family to drunk drivers. I hate them with a fucking passion. If you drive drunk, you're an awful human being, you deserve to never fucking drive again. There are thousands of options to ensure you don't have to drive drunk. Find a friend to drive you, call a cab, call an uber, use a designated driver. And, shit, if you live in a shithole town that has none of that, just drink at home. You don't HAVE to go out to drink. And fuck bar culture, too.

Believe it or not, there is a drunk driving defense force on this site, so get ready for people to be like "but you HAVE to drive drunk sometimes" like dipshits.
I refuse to believe there is a drunk driving defense force... I mean how do you even begin defending that one?

Note: im not calling you a liar, im well aware of the insanity of some people

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Glad everyone is safe. Do yourself a favor and do these two things; retain a lawyer. And get everyone checked out by a doctor AND a chiropractor. I have permanent physical damage and pain from my car accident. I will never be the same, and it's cost me a lot of money. Get ahead of this now before it becomes bad for someone. :(