• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fireseal

Oct 28, 2017
Nemesis getting into the safe rooms makes sense if you ask me. After all, the original would stand outside for as long you are in there. He wouldn't go away like Mr X. Might as well go inside at this point.

Not only that, downing him would actually be a rewarding (well, other than the loot) thing compared to Mr X who is a waste of ammo.

Wholeheartedly agree. Actually it does not make sense enemies not chasing you because you were in a safe room. This is a new paradigm and fits the role and design of the Nemesis.

Dec 11, 2017
India
Something more from PC Gamer Mag (UK)

"I notice immediately that there are a lot more zombies in this remake. Capcom has widened some areas to suit the urban setting, but balanced this out by throwing a lot more undead at you."

"Later I have to activate a series of breakers in a basement, which is made difficult by the presence of giant, mutant fleas. If they get too close they infect Jill with a parasite that slowly saps here health, and the only way to get rid of them is to munch on a green herb."

IceBear

Nov 20, 2017
Cool. Sounds like a better and bigger remake than RE2. Now I kinda regret preordering the PS4 version.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Spiders confirmed!

giphy.gif

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
-It is confirmed Nemesis is the first monster in Resident Evil history to break the "Safe Room" rule. If he's chasing you, he can break into safe rooms.

I'm changing my answer to that other thread, yes I want a no-Nemesis mod lol

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Dunno, it feels redundant now that we have spiders and brain deimos. I'd like to see a new type of zombie or maybe even crimson heads lol
Well considering that rumored Nemesis enemy boosting mechanic we heard a while back, he may be able to inject zombies/other enemies he comes across while chasing Jill with his virus, we may also get them essentially, may be named different.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure I'm not the first to say it in this thread, but all this info was in Edge magazine which came out 5 or so days ago. I guess nobody remembered to make a post about it. 🤷‍♂️

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Having fast travel and multiple Carlos sections sure sounds like it's at least a 10 hour game.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
This game just keeps sounding better and better. I'm so glad I will be able to give them my full attention for a week and take my mind of FF7R.

Dec 11, 2017
India
"When considering Nemesis' design and AI, we were impressed by what the RE2 team had done with Tyrant but we wanted to make sure that Nemesis was his own brand of fear. You'll see that when you play the game," producer Peter Fabiano tells.

Fabiano explains one goal of Resistance's (Resident Evil 3's multiplayer mode) inclusion with RE3 is to approach the challenge of building out an online game set in the Resident Evil universe.

more from OPSM

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Spiders don't bother me, but it really sucks that people with phobias might be unable to play this.

Hopefully PC will allow you to mod them somehow.

I have a phobia of moths so was dreading RE2, but thankfully they didn't add it. Seeing that mutant thing in RE Engine would have been pure horror.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Thank god I'm cool with spiders. They've always served me well in some of the low rent apartments I've lived at that had surprise pest infestations. When they run out of prey, though...

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I do not like the safe room thing. That defeats the whole purpose of the safe room. Of course, if it was a one and done scripted event, I think it would have been an awesome "gotcha". But from that bullet point sounds like safe rooms aren't actually safe...which is dumb because hey I got things to do sometimes and need to save.

Oct 26, 2017
Don't think so. But if you look at the map that comes together with the physical collector's edition, it is there.
I wouldn't take that map too seriously tbh, not the parts beyond the obviously new areas anyway.

Subway as a fast travel system is really interesting though, if they're right about that. Maybe there's another 1 or 2 maps that are separate.

Apr 19, 2018
-There's a lot more side stuff you can do than RE2 or the original game, often times there's optional back-tracking the game gives you... You have a code to unlock a weapon tack in another part of town now, but do you want to trek through the city and risk facing enemies you left, or worse, Nemesis showing up while you do so? There's a lot of optional distractions, route planning and risk and reward going on here.

This sounds awesome for replayability.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I do not like the safe room thing. That defeats the whole purpose of the safe room. Of course, if it was a one and done scripted event, I think it would have been an awesome "gotcha". But from that bullet point sounds like safe rooms aren't actually safe...which is dumb because hey I got things to do sometimes and need to save.
We won't know until we know, but the context in the article doesn't make it sound like you'll be sitting in a safe room and BAM, Nemesis out of nowhere! It sounds more like if he's already chasing you and you try to hide in a safe room, he can follow.

Telecinision

Aug 22, 2018
I hope there's some vertical design in the levels, I thought the Atmos support in 2 was pretty good, and I was able to get a sense of Mr. X's general location when he was stomping around on the floor above me in the station. I only played a little of the original on the vita and I mostly remember streets and alleys which I wouldn't expect to have the same impact audio-wise.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

Technically. But it was a set piece moment when you were playing as Carlos.

giphy.gif

That doors is to a safe room, if you don't do enough damage quickly enough he breaks it and kill Jill. But when he is stalking Jill he cannot enter any saferoom. But the cool thing is that his soundtrack keeps playing, so you know he is out there, just waiting for you.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Would be sick if you can traverse the city on rooftops for alternative routes too. Zombies should also respawn on the city streets, at least on hard. No reason why there can't be crimson heads, zombie kickers and Lickers roaming the streets too.

Dogzillaboot

Nov 12, 2017
Sacramento, California

giphy.gif

That doors is to a safe room, if you don't do enough damage quickly enough he breaks it and kill Jill. But when he is stalking Jill he cannot enter any saferoom. But the cool thing is that his soundtrack keeps playing, so you know he is out there, just waiting for you.
Holy shit I've never noticed him trying to break the door down before! I always take him out before he does it I guess or I'm just not very observant. Gah I want to buy a copy of 3 on GameCube before the remake comes out.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Nemesis entering safe rooms is just... holy shit.
OG RE2 was better than OG RE3 but I'm convinced it will be the other way around for the remakes. Don't get me wrong, REmake2 is brilliant but this one is just pulling out all the fucking stops.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif

Damn, one more thing about this game I never knew about! Had no idea this could happen.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Holy shit I've never noticed him trying to break the door down before! I always take him out before he does it I guess or I'm just not very observant. Gah I want to buy a copy of 3 on GameCube before the remake comes out.
Damn, one more thing about this game I never knew about! Had no idea this could happen.

There are a lot of things about Nemesis that people might not know... check this out if you guys have the time.

www.resetera.com

To celebrate Resident Evil 3 20th anniversary, I want to talk about why I think Nemesis is such a great foe.

Nemesis is the most iconic monster of the Resident Evil franchise. From his first appearance in RE3 20 years ago he has shown up in many places across different media. It was only with Mr. X earlier this year that some other monster could begin to compare. Personally, Nemesis (and RE3) are some...

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Welp, I'll be waiting for a mod that at the very least blocks him out of safe rooms then.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SPIDERS ARE IN YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
NEMESIS ENTERING SAFE ROOMS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This could be it. The game that will surpass REmake as the ultimate RE title.