• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's a single thing there that doesn't sound great.

I loved the original RE3, perhaps even more than the original RE2. Very, very excited for this.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Official screenshot from the game:
300px-Here%27s_Johnny_2.jpg

I'm gonna fucking hate this game. Haven't started the first encounter with Mr X because I hate the idea of getting stalked and not being able to stay in one place too long. With safe rooms being vulnerable, I'm really not looking forward to this. Still gonna buy it Day 1 though.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Yeah none of us are ready for Nemesis to wreck the safe room. The RE3 versus FFVII avatar bet is getting better all the time.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Christ, sounds exceptional. Just imagine what this brilliant team will achieve with RE4.

Now that's the game I want the most!

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Considering most save rooms have only one way in or out, it could be the worst place to hide from Nemesis. Unless you can jump inside the inventory box, Solid Snake style.

Oct 25, 2017
Sooner or later Nemesis would become persistent as hell. I hope it comes with optional as available for difficulty mode to make ease for some people, at least in my opinion.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
OXM is still around?

Yes, it is, but the OPSM outsells it 2:1 though.

🙈

I won't be playing this until after I have left Midgar in Final Fantasy VII Remake however, some of those things listed in the OP sounds fantastic! I am (not) looking forward to bumping into those spiders that were not-so-sadly absent in Resident Evil 2.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
- It is confirmed Nemesis is the first monster in Resident Evil history to break the "Safe Room" rule. If he's chasing you, he can break into safe rooms

It's not technically a safe room then anymore, is it, lol?

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
My criteria for the game is this: If Mr. X turned out scarier or more effective than Nemesis in the end, RE3 Remake failed.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Shame about something breaking the safe room rule, but at the very least Nemesis has to actually be chasing you.

It would have been worse if it was like "At any point in the safe room, he can just randomly appear".

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I kinda wish I didn't read that bit about Nemesis though.

I would shit my pants but I'll love it.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Me playing this game

Thought first time through RE2 was already pretty tense, but looks like X is nothing compared to Nemesis

dtcm83

Oct 28, 2017
I'm honestly not that great at RE games overall, well pre-RE4 games. Idea that safe rooms aren't safe is kind of a turn off. I can see that making me feel super uneasy enough to stop playing. It's a personal problem I admit.
Same thoughts here. Personally I really dislike the unstoppable enemy trope, one of the reasons why I never could get through RE3 originally. Still think this game looks amazing, just starting to think it will simply be too stressful to play :-P

Oct 30, 2017
I'm very exciting about the AI, looks like its going to be a milestone for the survival horror games.

But holy moly Nemesis can break in the save rooms?.... yeah.... I will be shouting and jump scare A LOT this time around.

I'm seriously going to be so nervous playing this game hahaha... cannot wait XD

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Nemesis being able to break into save rooms sure sounds scary. It was easy to lose Mr. X when he was chasing you by just running to the next safe room. I wonder if you will also have more ammo to deal with Nemesis this time, especially considering how you can load up quite the stock in the original if playing smart.

That being said: I think I will be able to deal with this. But spiders in the RE engine? I'm not sure I'm ready for this. I might actually die playing RE3, lol... Shit.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If Capcom gives us a permadeath option I'll be thrilled. Might as well go all in on the survival horror for repeat playthrough players

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Any bets on the additional monsters they might add?

I'm betting it's the lickers. Wouldn't make sense for them to suddenly not be around post RE2. Maybe only at or around RPD.

Another idea could be Mister X or some other tyrant in the area. I remember in the original RE3 you wak upon this massacre of BOWs and people towards the end of the day. Encountering that shortly in the aftermath or during it would be a hell of a visual.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
JEEBUS. Lot of juicy details here
-It is confirmed Nemesis is the first monster in Resident Evil history to break the "Safe Room" rule. If he's chasing you, he can break into safe rooms.
Well....fuck
-The dodge mechanic has some context-sensitive actions Jill can do if you pull off a perfect dodge against specific types of attacks. One example is Jill does a unique animation if you perfect dodge one of Nemesis' tentacles.
LOVE this. Kinda hints at some secret context sensitive actions like RE5 and RE4.
-There are certain areas the game is kinder and will give excuse why Nemmy can't follow and give you a breather, but one of the main goals of the remake was to make him a rather consistent threat. Not always chasing you but the possibility he could chase you there stays true.
-They've designed Nemesis AI with actually not being relentless, if he's always chasing you that'd get tiring fast. His AI works to dynamically sorta' direction his moves, and give the player breathing room as well.
I'd hope so since he can fucking invade safe rooms now
-Say Raccoon City is a LOT bigger than it's been previously. They designed a lot of the city, it's not open world but they designed it so you can explore quite a few streets and even stores and buildings of the town, and have multiple paths through the city to take.
-Jill can unlock more pathways in the Subway System to new parts of the city as a form of fast travel. As you get further in the city, the Subway becomes kinda' your hub to connect all the different parts of town.
Man if you can fast travel this is looking way bigger than expected. Love it.
-The team focused on having one consistent story rather than different ways events can go down. That said, they did a lot to make the story have more depth and stand-out. They say the story fleshes out Jill, Nemesis, and the UBSC a lot more than the original did. This is a classic story of Jill vs Nemesis, and both of them have history and reason to be struggling against one another that'll be more fully explored. Hint we'll dive a lot more into Jill's character, and Nemesis as a monster. They hope people will be really satisfied with what they've done and added to the story.
Very fascinated to see how this plays out. I think they're going to give Nemesis a human element or more elaborate backstory as to how he ultimately became Nemesis. Nemesis must be someone Jill knew in this remake to some extent. Calling it now.
-Being asked of returning locations or stuff from RE2, it's answered that you may notice "a few things" when you go through the game. Hint also as this game takes place a day before and a day after RE2, you may also see some before and after things.
hmmm hmmm hmmm oh the possibilities

Man, this is shaping up to be the best RE to date. Cannot wait.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
Between spiders and the safe room thing I'm really starting to wonder if I can stomach this game. It's a bummer, because I loved RE2 Remake, but this might be too much for me.
I loved RE2. But this is the reason I haven't pre-ordered the game yet. If we get some super realistic hairy spider I might be able to handle this. Nemesis coming to the safe rooms is scary but manageable.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
It would've been an amazing moment to have nemesis pop into a safe room without knowing that it could happen. Unfortunately it just got spoiled on Twitter for me.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Any bets on the additional monsters they might add?

I'm betting it's the lickers. Wouldn't make sense for them to suddenly not be around post RE2. Maybe only at or around RPD.

Another idea could be Mister X or some other tyrant in the area. I remember in the original RE3 you wak upon this massacre of BOWs and people towards the end of the day. Encountering that shortly in the aftermath or during it would be a hell of a visual.
Dunno, it feels redundant now that we have spiders and brain deimos. I'd like to see a new type of zombie or maybe even crimson heads lol