• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Feb 8, 2020
I only just played RE3 for the first time a few years back. I enjoyed it, and this sounds like it'll be a great update to it. I'm glad to know about the safe room tidbit beforehand. I would not have had a good reaction had I learned about it in the moment.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God this game sounds amazing. I have no doubt it's going to top RE2 remake.

That cover art is sweet too. Love the Brad artwork.

newtonlod

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Able to break into safe rooms.... Hype deflated. Mr X wasn't fun on REmake2, was a pain in the ass. The Nemesis on original was perfect. You could defeat it and it would stay gone for a good time and safe rooms were, well, safe....
I hope that, like the original you at least have the sufficient ammunition and health items to defeat it in every encounter. There was no reason to defeat Mr X on REmake2

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I am not sure I appreciate the saferoom change? It is nice to know that, for a small time and place, I can just chill for a second and catch my breath. This might hurt the pacing of the game a bit.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all not ready for re engine giant spiders

I'm more looking forward to Save room's: Jill minding her business, sorting inventory, item boxing and saving and SUPRISE NEMESIS OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE !!!

Someone needs to replace Majima Everywhere with Nemesis Everywhere. "Got you now Jill-chan!"

34993505714_838af2b39e.jpg

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I will be super stoked if RE3 turns out to be the best modern RE game. Because Jill deserves it.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
I am not sure I appreciate the saferoom change? It is nice to know that, for a small time and place, I can just chill for a second and catch my breath. This might hurt the pacing of the game a bit.
Yeah, I don't like it all. It completely defeats the whole point of having... safe rooms.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I'm super curious about how they're expanding Jill's personality and story line here. Time to show everyone why she's the best RE protag Capcom. The time is right

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't really see as mystery tbh. Just some random monster drop onto Jill just like any others. Same logic can be applied into anything.

BTW, As long as they don't make Nemesis Jill ex boyfriend or something like a movie, I'm cool with that.
Funny enough, I thought of the movie when I said that.

I am fine with it if it is about how they created him or something. Just as long as they don't give him a name or a tragic backstory to make us sympathetic to the monster. John Nemesis would suck!

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god, everything sounds perfect! I can't fucking wait!

I'm honestly not that great at RE games overall, well pre-RE4 games. Idea that safe rooms aren't safe is kind of a turn off. I can see that making me feel super uneasy enough to stop playing. It's a personal problem I admit.
I can easily see this being something that isn't the case on the lower difficulty, especially on assisted.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
What's next?

In the (inevitable) RE4 remake, when you down a chainsaw dude, another enemy picks up the chainsaw?

I actually want that.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
-It is confirmed Nemesis is the first monster in Resident Evil history to break the "Safe Room" rule. If he's chasing you, he can break into safe rooms.
-Spiders are confirmed to be in the game! They have a tendency to scuttle all over the place, sometimes towards or away from you, or drop on you from the ceiling. (
Also confirm Drain Deimos and Spiders are separate enemies in RE3 and behave differently.)
tenor.gif

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Funny enough, I thought of the movie when I said that.

I am fine with it if it is about how they created him or something. Just as long as they don't give him a name or a tragic backstory to make us sympathetic to the monster. John Nemesis would suck!
This just popped in my head, but what if Nemesis turns out to be Richard or another dead S.T.A.R.S.? Might be too soap opera
Jill is coming back for her crown and she is coming back with a vengeance.
Perfect dodging all the while

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nemesis getting into the safe rooms makes sense if you ask me. After all, the original would stand outside for as long you are in there. He wouldn't go away like Mr X. Might as well go inside at this point.

Not only that, downing him would actually be a rewarding (well, other than the loot) thing compared to Mr X who is a waste of ammo.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I wonder is this means Capcom will put back Spiders in RE2 now that they've modeled them in RE3.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
-It is confirmed Nemesis is the first monster in Resident Evil history to break the "Safe Room" rule. If he's chasing you, he can break into safe rooms.

-Capcom have worked a lot on AI for this title in general, talking about making monsters react more to the environment and situations, and how they can work together, separately, etc. They even talk about how they've made the zombies behave differently whether they're alone or if there's several zombies around and they're in a group.

s7d5jtP.gif

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
When you're holding it in, about to go to the restroom, and Nemesis flies through the safe room wall like Superman

giphy.gif

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
They're really making the best Resident Evil game of all time. I honestly can't even explain how fucking excited I am.

That safe room rule break, whew.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
Man, I'm sure this will be an unpopular post but I am so fucking tired of giant spiders or spiders of any kind being in games. They fuck me up immensely especially if they drop down on you from out of nowhere and most of the time I just cant continue. I was really, really, really hoping they'd exclude these things again. I just cant seem to get over the fear.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Is the breaking the safe room rule true of all difficulties? Also, am I crazy or was this not a thing in RE7's Madhouse mode? For some reason I thought it was.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
-There are certain areas the game is kinder and will give excuse why Nemmy can't follow and give you a breather, but one of the main goals of the remake was to make him a rather consistent threat. Not always chasing you but the possibility he could chase you there stays true.
-They've designed Nemesis AI with actually not being relentless, if he's always chasing you that'd get tiring fast. His AI works to dynamically sorta' direction his moves, and give the player breathing room as well.
Thank fuck.
-Say Raccoon City is a LOT bigger than it's been previously. They designed a lot of the city, it's not open world but they designed it so you can explore quite a few streets and even stores and buildings of the town, and have multiple paths through the city to take.
-Jill can unlock more pathways in the Subway System to new parts of the city as a form of fast travel. As you get further in the city, the Subway becomes kinda' your hub to connect all the different parts of town.
-There's a lot more side stuff you can do than RE2 or the original game, often times there's optional back-tracking the game gives you... You have a code to unlock a weapon tack in another part of town now, but do you want to trek through the city and risk facing enemies you left, or worse, Nemesis showing up while you do so? There's a lot of optional distractions, route planning and risk and reward going on here.
Fuck yes. Love reading that the level design is fairly interconnected, at least via the subway, and that it rewards risky exploration and backtracking. Sounds like REmake2 on an even larger scale (just hope we get another moment or two like when you find the path back to the police station from the sewers).

Was planning to hold out for the Steam summer sale since I have so many games to play already, but man this and the recent gameplay videos are making it hard not to pull the trigger day one.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
If they're letting them play 2-3 hours then the game has to be longer than the original. Maybe around RE7 length or more I hope. Can't wait!

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Just realized I'm moving house on the day this comes out, guess there's gonna be a delay in unpacking lol.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I hope you can turn off the safe room thing.

Otherwise I'm probably not going to buy the game now.