• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Common ants are now the size of small dogs. All other insects and arachnids scale equivalently with the ants' increase.

How fucked are we? Can humans adapt and overcome this new hellscape?

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
FarFavoriteConey-max-1mb.gif

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
If common ants are this big most houses would go down, killing everyone inside

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
we'd literally either adapt or die.

probably the latter since the bug balance is already kind of evened out by their numbering in the trillions.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
They'll all get crushed under the weight of their own exosqueleton, so I'll laugh.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
They'll all die in a minute as their respiratory systems aren't strong enough to sustain something that big, easy.

Failing that, yeah we're dead

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Square cube law, etc means they implode and die immediately

The real problem is what happens now that a relatively large species of animal is now mush

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
www.resetera.com

All the worlds insects grew 40x their size and got a taste for man flesh - would we survive? Weekend Era

All insects in the world just got larger due to failure at a CERN sent out a quantum change creating these monsters with added suffix "desires man flesh". While they are not actively hunting us, they will if they see us. Would we survive? Also for some reason this changed some fundamental...

Though, I guess this thread is missing the "taste for flesh" part.

Considering there are supposedly over a quintillion individual insects in the world, and provided they don't collapse under their own weight, I imagine we would simply all die.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's probably enough insects in your house right now that'll make it collapse if they grew that fast.

That said I don't think size would be beneficial to them at all.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure some species of ant will evolve to kidnap our children and raise them as their own workers.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
The mosquitos are the ones that will fuck everyone over. They already kill more people than any other animal, imagine if they can run you through like a sword.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Considering the size of the insect population, if that happened would we even have room for every being on the planet?

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
www.resetera.com

All the worlds insects grew 40x their size and got a taste for man flesh - would we survive? Weekend Era

All insects in the world just got larger due to failure at a CERN sent out a quantum change creating these monsters with added suffix "desires man flesh". While they are not actively hunting us, they will if they see us. Would we survive? Also for some reason this changed some fundamental...

Though, I guess this thread is missing the "taste for flesh" part.

Considering there are supposedly over a quintillion individual insects in the world, and provided they don't collapse under their own weight, I imagine we would simply all die.
Just about to post this

Stygian

Banned
Dec 11, 2021
We go into hiding until they exhaust their food supply and die from starvation. There's a reason there are many more prey animals than predators in the animal kingdom.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'll tell those damn insects that the oxygen in our atmosphere isn't sufficient enough to support their size. That ant gnawing me in half shouldn't even be able to stand!

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They all die immediately due to square cube law, but we're probably still fucked due to the loss of all the critical environmental functions fulfilled by insects being vacant and all the huge insect corpses taking Up a ton of space could be an issue too, especially if they damaged infrastructure while expanding

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
They'd no longer being serving their functions in nature correctly at that size, right? So it's okay to just start killing them, right?

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
They couldn't survive at that scale, however given how many bugs are in an average bedroom with you at any one time, likely the sudden crap ton of mass appearing out of nowhere would crush us all to death.

I mean there's gotta be minimum 10 spiders in my room right now that I can't see? Them suddenly growing the size of a large person up to a tank into he room I sleep in would squash me into gooey paste.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
1. They would all suffocate very fast
2. A lot of humans would be crushed instantly
3. There would be piles of dead insects everywhere multiple stories high.
4. The planet would go to shit because there are no more insects pollinating the flowers and clearing up dead bodies and rotten wood and other important functions. A lot of animals would starve.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The carboniferous period always fascinates me. Dragonfly with 2 foot wingspans, scorpian-like things such as Pulmonoscorpius Kirktonensis, which were up to 2 feet long, massive insectoids like Arthropleura Armata that grew to EIGHT feet long.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Pretty sure the giant spider eating me will be the reason I wake up.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Uhm just ants would be so devastating. Can you imagine colonies of millions all of a sudden exploding put of the ground everywhere? Now trees and people and cars and cows and literally everything is fair game?

You'd have HubSpire sized colonies in like fucking days.

If it was ALL bugs we'd literally just be buried under bodies instantly lol

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
ants? nevermind the ants, what about the spiders that got inside you through your mouth while you slept? remember that movie aliens? yeah we're going belly up, or should i say belly burst open

like SPLAT

Mar 30, 2019
Just your room would be a battlefield. Fruit flies, roaches, silverfish, cheeks, boney bob, cliff! I could go on forever baby.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I beat EDF 5 on inferno difficulty with all 4 classes. I'll have the world saved within 24 hours.