• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
For Kentucky-Era:

I have a sinking feeling that Matt Bevin, one of the least popular governors in America, is about to get re-elected by a slim margin. Tomorrow is Election day for KY against his challenger Andy Beshear.

I'm hearing the radio ads already and his best friend Donald Trump is on his way to KY right now to campaign for him.

Please take the time out of your day (20 minutes or so) to vote tomorrow. 6am to 6pm. Lookup your polling location. Act and be counted.

Please help us eject this bastard from our state government.

Edit:

You can lookup your voting location and registration status here:

Last edited:

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I am crossing my fingers that Bevin gets kicked out of office, but the logical and reasonable side of me feels that abortion wil be the key factor in deciding the race and Bevin will win.

Kentucky loves punishing itself almost as much as Kansas did.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I am crossing my fingers that Bevin gets kicked out of office, but the logical and reasonable side of me feels that abortion wil be the key factor in deciding the race and Bevin will win.

Kentucky loves punishing itself almost as much as Kansas did.
Kansas did stop eventually though (see last year's elections), but Kentucky is also deeper red than Kansas.

We'll see! Expecting a Bevin win, hoping for the best though.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cant wait for the day that donald trump's campaigning hurts more than helps a another's campaign. then he will fully be useless to the GOP.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They had a piece on NPR this morning about it, centered around the abortion rights issue.
Anti Abortion groups are really revved up there it seems, and doing a ton of calls/ door to door.

Hope there is an upset...

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I bet he gets re-elected but I'm gonna vote against him. Dude's been a stain on this state for too long.

Beshear's a wet blanket but miles better than what we've got.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
It seems these last few weeks there hasn't been much talk about the election. Like it snuck up on us. But my wife and I will be at the polls tomorrow morning.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
In close elections in red states, my default assumption is the Republican candidate will win and over perform what the polls are showing.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Hasn't Beshear and Bevin gone head to head like 3 times now? I used to live in southern Indiana and did political advertising for a tv station, and we got a ton of issue/candidate stuff from both of them for what felt like forever.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Already voted via absentee ballot but not expecting much. And I didn't know Trump was coming today, the yokels must me ecstatic.

I hate this state sometimes.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I'm right on the border of IN and KY on the Indiana side so I've been seeing ads the past month pretty heavily for Bevin. Holy smokes if those aren't the most pandering political ads I've ever seen..

Hasn't Beshear and Bevin gone head to head like 3 times now? I used to live in southern Indiana and did political advertising for a tv station, and we got a ton of issue/candidate stuff from both of them for what felt like forever.

Were you in Evansville area? Curious what station you worked for.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I just don't see Bevin winning. Most Republicans I know do not like him at all. His comments on teachers and other things have really hurt opinions on him. At least that's what it seems over here in West Kentucky.

I already put in my absentee vote since I'm in Louisville all week, but my SO is gonna vote tomorrow.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Matt Bevin is such a piece of shit. Going to be happy to vote against him tomorrow even if I am not expecting evil to be punished

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I'm right on the border of IN and KY on the Indiana side so I've been seeing ads the past month pretty heavily for Bevin. Holy smokes if those aren't the most pandering political ads I've ever seen..

Were you in Evansville area? Curious what station you worked for.
I was! I was at 14WFIE-TV. I was in sales/traffic and did the political ads from 2011-2015. Are you from the area?

This is Andy Beshear, son of Steve Beshear
Ahhhh getting my names confused. Thanks!

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't see Bevin winning. Most Republicans I know do not like him at all. His comments on teachers and other things have really hurt opinions on him. At least that's what it seems over here in West Kentucky.

I already put in my absentee vote since I'm in Louisville all week, but my SO is gonna vote tomorrow.
It's kind of like Mitch McConnell, I guess — I legitimately don't know a soul who likes either of them, but they somehow get elected. I really hope educators/their supporters turn out. I agree that's been a huge sticking point against him in my neck of the woods (Calloway Co).

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I was! I was at 14WFIE-TV. I was in sales/traffic and did the political ads from 2011-2015. Are you from the area?

Yeah grew up in Newburgh, lived in Indy after college and now am back down in the area.

Not to derail the thread.. :)

Hope Bevin gets the boot. Holcomb in Indiana looks like a saint compared to him (and Holcomb's predecesor, VP Pence).

GangWarily

Oct 25, 2017
I was just looking at the 2014 senate election to see how big the gap between McConnell and his challenger was and during that time, I found out about the Kentucky gubernatorial race. I was also surprised to see that Kentucky has had Democrat governor in the past.

Best of luck to you all!

LoveAndBeer

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lexington, KY
I know there were democrats going door-to-door yesterday urging people to get out to vote.

My family of four will do our part, but the past few years have really done a number on my optimism around what people vote for (including sadly friends). I honestly wouldn't put money on anything other than 'its going to be close'. And again that's with Bevin being a TERRIBLE governor, party be damned. I didn't think you could win in this state after pissing on teachers for 4 years.. guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Anyone in Lex going down to protest Trump tonight? Some of us are considering it but the logistics are going to be a nightmare.

Last edited:

LoveAndBeer

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lexington, KY
I was also surprised to see that Kentucky has had Democrat governor in the past.
I remember when Fletcher won in 200(3?) and he was the first Republican governor in my entire life. He only lasted a single term. We had 2 terms with a Democrat and then Bevin carpet-bagged in on the Tea Party wave.

Kentucky is a pretty good example of the shift in the south from Democract to Republican as the (R) became the party of the church (and other things, but i'm being nice today).

Last edited:

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
It's kind of like Mitch McConnell, I guess — I legitimately don't know a soul who likes either of them, but they somehow get elected. I really hope educators/their supporters turn out. I agree that's been a huge sticking point against him in my neck of the woods (Calloway Co).
Shoutout to Calloway lol, thats my county as well lol. I guess thats why we both see it.

I know the manager at our Dairy Queen, and when Bevin came down to do a promo there, none of the workers wanted to see him or take pics with him lol. Apparently workers have done that with past governors.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I already made plans to vote and have worked with my SO to give her time to vote as well.

--------------

The problem is that those Republicans don't want a Democrat period. They are having to choose between a Republican that meets most of their checkboxes(but they hate for other reasons similarly to Mitch) or someone that they think will change Kentucky into Louisville/Lexington(who they hate more) They connect all democrats with Louisville/Lex and play their fears. People literally think they are going to get shot when visiting Louisville which of course is insane.

I think he may lose though.

----------------

Off topic but I heard the Baby Trump balloon has made it to Ky today for the Trump/Bevin Rally. I would love for someone to get a few pics. I assume it's going to be in Lex.

Last edited:

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I already made plans to vote and have worked with my SO to give her time to vote as well.

--------------

The problem is that those Republicans don't want a Democrat period. They are having to choose between a Republican that meets most of their checkboxes(but they hate for other reasons similarly to Mitch) or someone that they think will change Kentucky into Louisville/Lexington(who they hate more) They connect all democrats with Louisville/Lex and play their fears. People literally think they are going to get shot when visiting Louisville which of course is insane.

I think he may lose though.

----------------

Off topic but I heard the Baby Trump balloon has made it to Ky today for the Trump/Bevin Rally. I would love for someone to get a few pics. I assume it's going to be in Lex.

I first heard it was Louisville, but got changed to Lexington, so I have no idea where he'll be today. If he is in Louisville, I might go down to protest.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Polling places closing so early shouldn't be allowed.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Polling places closing so early shouldn't be allowed.

Yeah, my SO wouldn't be able to vote if I wasn't able to watch our littlest one for 20 min before I go to work. She's going to come back home afterward to take him to Headstart and go to work. She won't have time in the afternoon. Fortunately, my schedule is more flexible.

Trump having a rally tonight at Rupp for Bevin. Baby Trump was crowdfunded over the weekend to come in.

I won't be able to make it to Lex tonight. Can someone snap a pic if they get to see it?

Occult Fan

Oct 31, 2017
About to go canvas for Beshear this afternoon.
It will be close. It would make me beyond happy for KY to reject what we're assumed to be.
Sadly, I expect Bevin to win by a point or two.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Looking forward to voting against Bevin tomorrow. Disgusted that Trump is in my town today, but pleased that it's on a day when he's been handed another defeat with his tax return appeal failing.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I saw a piece last week that the impeachment inquiry had boosted Bevin's polling because it nationalizes the race and lets him focus not on how unpopular he is.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Going to vote to kick his ass out of office but I know it won't happen. Republicans basically brainwash these people to vote for them even if they are shit candidates.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
If they vote out Bevin, I'd at least have more faith that they wouldn't re-elect McConnell as Senator.

Amy McGrath has zero chance against McConnell. None. She couldn't win in the house race I don't know why it meant she should challenge McConnell for the senate seat. Matt Jones was the only person who might have had a shot at beating McConnell, and even then it would have been miniscule.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Amy McGrath has zero chance against McConnell. None. She couldn't win in the house race I don't know why it meant she should challenge McConnell for the senate seat. Matt Jones was the only person who might have had a shot at beating McConnell, and even then it would have been miniscule.

I think McGrath is relying on her service but I don't see it working. Her campaign site is basically that mixed with, "my husband is a Republican and I don't care about partisanship politics".