• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Ok, first reaction 'OMG! CANT BELIEVE IT! I LOVE EARTHWORM JIM! I MUST GET IT!'

Second reaction 'What the heck is the intellivision Amico?!'

Time to look it up I guess as this is the first I've heard of one.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New EWJ huh.
> Made by original team which includes Doug "I wrote an article on Breitbart calling the ACLU (Who has done more for Americans than this moron ever did) pedos" TenNapel.
> Exclusive to New Intellivision console.

Lul. Dead on arrival right here.

Oct 25, 2017
So the game is $7.99, and you are selling it on a system that nobody has and I doubt many people will buy.

Anyone wanna guess the total revenue made from this game?

Gonna go ahead and say $7.99

Nov 1, 2017
I consider myself fairly up to date on things like gaming news due to various websites that i check out and i had never heard of this Amico thing. This entire project and game is going to bomb so hard it's not even funny. Guess they learnt nothing from the likes of Ouya huh. Honestly Earthworm Jim is probably better left in the past.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Beware any games news outlet that covers this without mentioning Doug TenNapel being a vocal and active bigot.

Polygon comments section said:
Donkler
I was wondering why anyone would want to work with TenNapel these days, but then I see that Tommy Tallarico follows Tomi Lahren, Dinesh D'Souza, Tucker Carlson, and Candace Owens on twitter. I'm going to assume there are some shared beliefs there. I'm extremely curious how bad the content of these games are going to be
Posted on May 1, 2019 | 1:57 PM

Sad to learn that Tallarico is so complicit with this.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exclusively for the what now???

I'm not trying to be facetious, I seriously have never heard of that thing. Is it like an NES Classic or something but with new games? I'm so confused.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Exclusively for the what now???

I'm not trying to be facetious, I seriously have never heard of that thing. Is it like an NES Classic or something but with new games? I'm so confused.

It's a new proper console. In the video they posted last year they claim that all games will be console exclusive, all have to be E or E10, game prices are $3-8, no DLC or in-game purchases, and the console itself will be priced at $150-180. It's also supposed to launch October 10, 2020. They'll also have exclusive remakes of old classic games like 10 Yard Fight, R-Type and Lode Runner. It all seems strange. I'm not sure who they even view as the market for it.

mr stroke

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's a new proper console. In the video they posted last year they claim that all games will be console exclusive, all have to be E or E10, game prices are $3-8, no DLC or in-game purchases, and the console itself will be priced at $150-180. It's also supposed to launch October 10, 2020. They'll also have exclusive remakes of old classic games like 10 Yard Fight, R-Type and Lode Runner. It all seems strange. I'm not sure who they even view as the market for it.
Wait......
I am lost. Why are all the games supposed to be E? If it's a retro system then wouldn't the majority of owners be over 18 ?

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wait......
I am lost. Why are all the games supposed to be E? If it's a retro system then wouldn't the majority of owners be over 18 ?

Well you see it's supposed to be a console for families. So I'm guessing the logic is most people nostalgic for Burger Time and 10 Yard Fight have kids now and so they can use this to share their love of classic games with their kids. Or something

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
HERE IT IS! THE BIG NEWS! OVER 20 YEARS IN THE MAKING! EARTHWORM JIM IS BACK (Yay!!!!)!

WITH THE ENTIRE ORIGINAL TEAM (fuck this shit, get rid of Doug)

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
The original (and especially the sequel) are horribly dated. Stuff like pointless vehicles with unorthodox controls (like the submarine in the tube level - the only way to brake is to release the gas, turn the exhaust wheel the other way, then accelerate again), random gameplay shifts that worsen the experience (the painful 15+ minute long intestine level with lizard jim comes to mind) and proactive design (some enemies will hurt jim within 0.5 seconds after spawning, like the dogs in the junk level) This is another Yooka-Laylee situation waiting to happen.

But even if I see improvements in that regard, I'm still not going to support it for obvious reasons.

DireRaven

Oct 27, 2017
welp!..

Ok i got to be honest I like the hardware, the price point for games, and the bat shit insanity of it.. plus as an 'older' gamer, I had the original intellivision back in the day, so count me in I guess :)

but Doug?

nah he can fuck off...

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Can we ever get good news that is not immediately followed by bad news these days?

"Here is your free Ferrari sir"
"Yay"
"Made completely of cardboard"

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
Almost nobody knows what the hell that Intellivision Amico thing is. This is all going to crash and burn. I'd still play the game in the improbable event of it getting actually developed, published with all the bagage those people carry and released in a platform that isn't marked for death. But we all know that is not going to happen. I wonder if they'll end up asking for crowdfunding money and disappear, or just released some piece of shit game just to say "we did it".

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The original (and especially the sequel) are horribly dated. Stuff like pointless vehicles with unorthodox controls (like the submarine in the tube level - the only way to brake is to release the gas, turn the exhaust wheel the other way, then accelerate again), random gameplay shifts that worsen the experience (the painful 15+ minute long intestine level with lizard jim comes to mind) and proactive design (some enemies will hurt jim within 0.5 seconds after spawning, like the dogs in the junk level) This is another Yooka-Laylee situation waiting to happen.

But even if I see improvements in that regard, I'm still not going to support it for obvious reasons.
The original still holds up, I think, and I love playing it today.

...the sequel, though, is pretty bad overall.

OP
OP
Virtua Sanus

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
The best part about these dumbass posts is that I find it hilarious that, despite the discussion in the thread, you don't feel compelled enough to understand why. You openly post in a thread announcing your ignorance as if you're trying to be some sort of outlier.

Why don't you just, like, leave nigga
This topic is not about Doug though. Calm yourself, fella.

Santerestil

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
You forgotten the best part - 2D graphics better than PS4 and PS5.
The only way this could be possible is that the Intellivision Talarico has no 3D acceleration hardware at all, and it's just a souped up MC68K that uses real sprites a la Neo Geo, instead of poligons simulating them.

...or they have no idea of what they're speaking of.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
I don't know anything about this system or any of the people you're talking about. So I guess I'll check how good the game is when it's not an exclusive anymore and if it looks good I'll buy it. I have fond memories of EWJ.

EtAGSr6.jpg

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I never knew Doug was a piece of shit, this sucks. EWJ was something I loved as a kid, even the crappy cartoon.

Argh, tired of this happening.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who are they even catering to? The thing is called an Intellivision which only means something to 30-40 something year olds but it's just E rated games? This is so gonna flop.

OP
OP
Virtua Sanus

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
It kind of is though? He's directly involved with this game and created the character. I'd be concerned if the thread was just "awesome! Can't wait!" over and over
Yeah, for sure it should be an open discussion point, but people should be allowed to discuss anything regarding this project. Replying with "Why don't you just, like, leave nigga" to someone saying they will wait to see how the game turns out is honestly outrageous.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Apparently I'm out of touch because I have never heard of an "Intellivision Amico" or a "Doug Tennapel".

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna be excited about this, I really do.

But two little things:

1: exclusive to a console that is yet to exist
2: DOUG. FUCKING. TENNAPEL.