• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
The whole charm of the old games was how well animated and expressive Jim was. Im guessing we shouldn't expect nothing nowhere near close to that?

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
Does Doug continue to have ownership over the Earthworm Jim brand that they had to do this with his involvement?

Or am I guessing correctly that Tommy & Co just don't give a fuck.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
"New Blast Corps sequel... exclusively for the Mitsubishi Lightsquare"

source.gif

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would think the game would have trouble getting off the ground in general. Making it exclusive to a console that even a lot of us serious gamers have never heard of is a surefire way to send it out to die. I hope they paid for the entirety of the development if they cut a deal.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Hot take: Earthworm Jim was never that good of a game to begin with. Janky hit detection, janky jumping/swinging mechanics (good luck landing those whip hits on the various hooks available), bad difficulty curve, terrible camera scrolling that doesn't let you see what's ahead, does anyone even like those space tube races?, fuck that underwater bubble level.

No thank you.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would think the game would have trouble getting off the ground in general. Making it exclusive to a console that even a lot of us serious gamers have never heard of is a surefire way to send it out to die. I hope they paid for the entirety of the development if they cut a deal.
Looking at the Intellivision Amico trailer it appears Tommy Tallarico is the CEO and David Perry is a major investor so they are heavily invested in supporting the system.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Might as well have made it successful to the Ouya. Nobody is buying the Amico

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I was initially interested in the Amico (kinda, somewhat) - I was following the Intellivision twitter already where Tallarico said there would be an announcement today - but this announcement actually makes me less likely to consider it, lol.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
They are just asking for this game to fail.
Also Doug TenNaple is a homophobic, transphobic, racist person who does not deserve your support.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
The whole charm of the old games was how well animated and expressive Jim was. Im guessing we shouldn't expect nothing nowhere near close to that?
Tallarico said that the Amico will have advance 2D graphics that not even the PS5 will match!

Which of course doesn't make sense but I'm guessing they're gonna attempt to make the animations look nice.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
"Intelivision Amico" sounds like a bootleg NES that's not even trying to pretend it's not bootleg.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 days): inflammatory whataboutism
I wonder how many Doug haters in this thread are fans of the Dragon Quest series.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
*googles TenNapel*

Goddamn, dude makes john bryne look progressive

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Why? Tech is way better today. There are also tons of indie games with great animation.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
For those who may not be aware, TenNapel has:

* Written a comic called Ratfist where it's main thesis was "corporations just want to help and the public is evil" and it included a Muslim character who literally said, I shit you not, "don't make me put a fatwa on you"

* intentionally misgendered trans writers because he thinks transgender people don't exist

* once lamented that he wished politics could go back to the "good old days" of the 1800s

* has written for Breitbart, where he has claimed the ACLU support pedophilia and that people should "let men be men"

* compared gay marriage to "a man taking a dump in the ladies room" (???????????)

Some of this is covered here: http://mostly-retro.com/2013/06/02/on-doug-tennapel-bigotry-and-supporting-hate/

And here https://night-of-the-alienguardian....doug-tennapels-homophobic-and-transphobic-pov

I wish I could post the Ratfist pages here, because they are truly repugnant, but unfortunately TenNapel scrubbed all of his old webcomics stuff off the internet and blocked archive.org once he got heat for it. But I've seen it with my own eyes.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this the system that isn't allowing ports, and only want 2d games?

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
RIP to all the Earthworm Jim fans.

This system looks like a April fool's joke or a parody lol

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, fuck, I had no idea about Doug.

Thanks for enlightening guys, however I gotta say it's a very bittersweet realization, I love EJ so much. :(

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I thought the Intellivision Amico part was a joke, had to google it to learn that it was an actual real console.
Anyway

Hot take: Earthworm Jim was never that good of a game to begin with. Janky hit detection, janky jumping/swinging mechanics (good luck landing those whip hits on the various hooks available), bad difficulty curve, terrible camera scrolling that doesn't let you see what's ahead, does anyone even like those space tube races?, fuck that underwater bubble level.

No thank you.

This is true, EWJ was always a style over substance game, gameplay and level design were pretty bad. Still, it was very well animated and funny which was enough to get me when I was a kid. So there's this nostalgia about it and a lot of use that grew up playing it are curious to see how a new one turn out.