• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
giphy.gif

Exactly.

This is a magnificent multi-nope announcement.

Dee Bill

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Doug racist bible lover is involved ? lol fuck him and all of what he does ! Never supporting something like this even though i love Tommy Tallarico.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TIL that intellivision is making a new console.

We see a world where everyone is interested in playing at home and with friends, but this isn't currently possible because the barrier to entry is nearly impossible for a non-gamer due to the complexity of the controllers, intricacy of gameplay, expense of the hardware and software and steep learning curve with an unbalanced fun factor for the beginner.

Is this really a major problem with other consoles? They're too difficult to use?

And why is a hardcore difficult game like earthworm jim coming to a console that's designed for non gamers who find other consoles too complex?

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Earthworm Jim was never a good game.

It had great graphics, animation, music, and a few good levels.

But the gameplay is crap. Bad and sensitive hit detection, touchy jumping, blind landings after a jump, whipping and grabbing hooks is awful, difficulty telling background from foreground, and to hell with submarine levels.

Don't @ me.
Agreed.

But at least this time we know that it's guaranteed to be a 7/10 minimum.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Didn't know what INTELLIVISION AMICO is, googled it, visited the official site, still don't know what the fuck this is. Bunch of social media buttons but no simple "about" page.

I think I'll just move on.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Earthworm Jim was never a good game.

It had great graphics, animation, music, and a few good levels.

But the gameplay is crap. Bad and sensitive hit detection, touchy jumping, blind landings after a jump, whipping and grabbing hooks is awful, difficulty telling background from foreground, and to hell with submarine levels.

Don't @ me.
100% accurate.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After replaying EWJ2 a couple of years ago, it became obvious why this series died off like it did. It's simply not good.

Oct 27, 2017
love tennapels art (just received my bigfoot bill hardcovers :D) and would buy if it were on a platform I already owned.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Just throwing it out there but Tennapel also believes that scum like John K. can be forgiven.

Why would anyone support the shit this guy spews out.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Earthworm Jim was cool at the time but massively overrated in retrospect.
The whole appeal of EWJ was the cartoon style, comedy, and presentation. Even back then, people understood it wasn't the most responsive game around.

They were better action games, even back then.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If Tenappel's in, I'm out.

Not like I'd buy the system for this game anyway.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
1) Who is Doug Tennapel and what has he done?

2) The fuck is the Intellivision Amico?!

Doug TenNapel is the lead artist and character designer for: Earthworm Jim, Boogerman, Clayfightter, The Neverhood and Armikrog. He's a weirdo transphobic hard religious shitheel

The Amico is a new Intellivision model running on what idfk it's a new console I guess?? Sure?????