• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Is she wrong though? Just ask any straight/bi girl to show you their dating app messages.
She's still a piece of shit herself and doesn't deserve a partner.
Coming from her? Yes she is. She's every bit as trash as the men she's trying to call out.

It's fucking bizarre watching people actually try and side with this racist sack of shit. Fuck her.

Viriditas

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I explained my point, it's up to you to explain how am I being a concern troll or a misogynist because I don't like generalizations. Besides what exactly are we discussing here? Tomi Lahren or the argument that men are trash?

"It's up to you to explain how I'm being a concern troll or a misogynist" says the poster who came into this thread swinging with the "Not All Men" hot take. It'd be funny if it weren't so godawful stale by now.

Do you understand that "Not All Men" is indeed considered a misogynistic and unwelcome interjection here? It's similar to folks concern trolling about "good cops" and "bad generalizations" whenever people post ACAB. You're not contributing anything of worth to the discussion, you're just distracting from it, in a fashion that indicates you're either acting with malicious intent or your ignorance is functionally indistinguishable from such.

It's not like I'm the first or only person here who balked at your statements and identified them as unwelcome. It shouldn't be surprising that your Not All Men nonsense provoked a response like "Oh wow Era. We have our very own MRAs." So like, maybe don't post shit that an MRA would say?

Then you accuse us of being fooled by grifters, which...again, concern trolling, because there's no realistic reason to think any such thing is happening ITT. This post put it much better:

There's nobody on here at risk of being converted by her fantastic arguments because the membership here is pretty self-selecting. There's nobody who's gonna tune into her shit next week or give her ratings in case she says something vaguely progressive again.

Here, how about this -- it's up to you to explain how your behavior should be distinguished from trolling if you don't think it's an accurate descriptor.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
*Spends entire career around trash men*

Tomorrow: "Men are trash"

Everyone:

giphy.gif

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Can I say women are trash if I have problems with a specific woman?
Can I say americans are trash?
Sure, just don't expect it to be received the same way. Men basically running the entire world for all of human history tends to have that effect. It makes the 2 statements unbalanced. The same way "I hate white people" is received in a much different way than "I hate black people" our history as humans has made those statements unbalanced.

As for your second point. lol I've said that numerous times. Go ahead.

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
User Banned (2 weeks): Dismissing concerns about sexism; trolling over a series of posts
"It's up to you to explain how I'm being a concern troll or a misogynist" says the poster who came into this thread swinging with the "Not All Men" hot take. It'd be funny if it weren't so godawful stale by now.

Do you understand that "Not All Men" is indeed considered a misogynistic and unwelcome interjection here? It's similar to folks concern trolling about "good cops" and "bad generalizations" whenever people post ACAB. You're not contributing anything of worth to the discussion, you're just distracting from it, in a fashion that indicates you're either acting with malicious intent or your ignorance is functionally indistinguishable from such.

Am I not allowed to think saying men are trash is a bad generalization? does thinking that's a shit generalization makes me a misoginist automatically? I know there's real misoginists that use it as deflection and I would understand if I were distracting from some serious discussion but we are not in a serious discussion, the thread is about a grifter saying something and some people falling for it and others just laughing. Besides I was ready to drop the subject but you decided to call me by name so clearly you want a discussion.

Regarding the comparison with ACAB, people explained properly why ACAB is a good generalization because "good cops" stop being cops (many times forced to resign) but that logic cannot be applied to men because good men don't stop being men.

It's not like I'm the first or only person here who balked at your statements and identified them as unwelcome. It shouldn't be surprising that your Not All Men nonsense provoked a response like "Oh wow Era. We have our very own MRAs." So like, maybe don't post shit that an MRA would say?

"Other person balked" is not an argument, especially because I asked that person to explain how am I a MRA and he/she didn't say anything. Numbers don't compensate for lack of arguments.

Then you accuse us of being fooled by grifters, which...again, concern trolling, because there's no realistic reason to think any such thing is happening ITT. This post put it much better:

I disagree. Many people in Era and old NeoGaf had this very bad habit of rehabilitating right wingers because they said something they agreed with. If you think people in this forum are safe of it and I'm overreacting, I have no problems with that. That doesn't make me a concern troll.

Here, how about this -- it's up to you to explain how your behavior should be distinguished from trolling if you don't think it's an accurate descriptor.

Burden of proof is not on me. If I'm accused of something, is up to the accuserr to prove it.

Last edited:

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
To me, "men are trash" is like this 90's girl power thing and not an actual vehicle for misandry. It doesn't have a history of actual misandrist culture or government policy to give it any heft, it's kind of just a thing you say when you're pissed off at the outcomes of our actual partriarchal culture. Like douchey sexist men. I've even said it a handful of times over the years.

LMFAO

Commodore64

Oct 25, 2017
man imagine the look on her face when she she realizes the "misandrists for trump" facebook group she's pandering to are all russian bots.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Not really on subject, but I went through her Twitter out of curiousity... I don't know why I did this...

There's very few people I hate, but I think this reconfirmed how much I hate her, especially after that Charlemagne interview and her other instances of stupid fuckery.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Man, I'm so out of the loop. I only really dated once in my life and didn't feel anything so I never bother again so I don't understands relationships and dating.

But what does tall men had so do with anything?

No tall men? Is this something to do how all men list themselves as 6ft?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm so out of the loop. I only really dated once in my life and didn't feel anything so I never bother again so I don't understands relationships and dating.

But what does tall men had so do with anything?

No tall men? Is this something to do how all men list themselves as 6ft?

The taller you are, the sooner you die.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a massive piece of shit and some of the stuff she brought up hit a little too close to home so she's right, imo.

That being said, fuck her.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Why are people conflating her shitty politics with her dating life? Women on both sides of the political spectrum can be found ranting about how men ain't shit nowadays. This isn't a tend that just started ya know. What's even weirder is how people are pretending that only right wing men fumble when trying to court women? What? We are really going to pin all the shit men can improve on to where they lean politically? Ok.

We don't know who she is dating in her personal life. What a weird thread filled with conjecture.

And quite frankly, I don't like her but she should be able to date at whatever standard she wants but shouldn't expect anyone to stick around if she's going to be an unpleasant person.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
I mean... yes.

But she's just as trash and can go in the waste bin with all the men lol.

LOLDSFAN

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the whole video. The end is the real kicker. She describes all these things she wants in a guy yet at the end says she'll never pursue one. Like does she just expect the right one to magically show up? It's like when you really want a job that's the dream job, but never bother applying to different companies to get it.

Oct 28, 2017
Being trash isn't gender specific. Tommy herself is a sterling example of this. I guess she has no mirrors in her house.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
But she calls more than a fair amount of them coworkers
Yep. Her fucking career is devoted to reinforcing the ideals & worldviews of those very men who have zero respect for women no matter their competence, credentials & accomplishments. I bet if this was a vid done by a black woman and Thomas got her hands on it, she'd pull some "boys will be boys", "angry black woman", "fix your culture" style BS.

I'd like to think this is growth but I just can't trust a grifter. Best I can hope for is that this proves too "controversial" for the conservative outlets she shills for and she learns exactly how little they value her.

Last edited: