• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
If you can get it for cheap, it's an awesome trilogy for wasting 30-40 hours of your life away and remember nothing of it after.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
just as I'm about to finish shadow after ignoring it for so long. I'd have almost zero interest in this though. The first two games were interesting - I think I did 100% all collectibles and the second game did ok in encouraging exploration, but I have no desire to revisit. The last game is really disappointing me so far - nearly done with the story. So many forced cracks to squeeze through, the story is bad, the pacing/editing is just plain weird in the back half of the game - surprise volcano! and it gives me no real interest in exploring the hub areas like the 2nd game did, or doing anything much beyond the core story (and even then it feels like its imploded on that so I'm going through the motions to finish it off).

third game is pretty though (but way too dark with no clear way to adjust gamma etc to avoid it fully)

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The moment where Lara rises out of the water in Shadow, stabs a dude to death and then goes on a rampage has got be the most empowering moment in the entire trilogy.

6-FF0036-B-4-CF6-45-A3-B86-E-FEC12-A6-C370-F.gif

wow I had 100% the opposite view - felt like a shark jump to me. So tonally different from the rest of the games, and follows a frankly nuts section that barely makes sense. Then reverts to form right after.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm kinda curious how they're gonna price this lol. Over the last 2-3 weeks the definitive editions have been available for about £20 for all 3 on PSN, and they're always on sale like every 2 months.
If it's anything more than £25, they're kidding themselves.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I'm kinda curious how they're gonna price this lol. Over the last 2-3 weeks the definitive editions have been available for about £20 for all 3 on PSN, and they're always on sale like every 2 months.
Even Shadow? I've seen 1 and 2 for £9 each but I thought shadow was more like £25.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

It'll be full price , so they can go and take 75% off it in a months time, so it can fit in around the various laws in regards to sales prices.
It's pathetic that people respond more to a discount than they do to a permanent low price

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
These were solid 8/10 games for me. Maybe 7.5 for Shadow. Can't see why I'd want to replay them though, definitely one and done material.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
The 2013 Tomb Raider is still one of my favorite games from the 360/PS3 era. I still have yet to finish Shadow. I should get on that.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Just a bundle, but... with the anniversary, I can see them adding support for Series X|S, PS5.

They should do it just to spite the DF team with yet another Geothermal Valley run.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Even though it has survivor in the name, I was hoping it wasn't these shitty ass games.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
It'll be full price , so they can go and take 75% off it in a months time, so it can fit in around the various laws in regards to sales prices.
It's pathetic that people respond more to a discount than they do to a permanent low price
It's just frustrating when they do stuff like this. I'd be all over a bundle purely for convenience sake of having to navigate fewer pages on the PSN store lmao, but why would I, or anyone in their right mind be like "oh I need to get this bundle at £40-£50!" when they could've got it last week, or in January, or at Christmas, or in November, or in September for £2.39, £4.99, and £ 12.49 respectively?
Considering Shadow never got a permanent price reduction, you think they'd use that as an opportunity to release the trilogy for a decent amount less. Like, if I was casually buying the store and 3 games were cheaper than 1, I'd be more inclined to jump in, even if it was dearer than buying them individually on sale.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed all three of these. If there are some decent series x improvements I could see myself revisiting them

Oct 27, 2017
Strange this has taken this long honestly. It was one of the few start to finish trilogies on this gen (I know TReboot and Rise were both technically a port).

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
This is what the Collection was rumored to be:

1-52.jpg

I'd buy a Tomb Raider 1-5 package with save states though. I believe you can buy them all on PS3 but game's too hard for me.
Whoa, is this real? I just bought TLR last night on PSN but I would buy this in a heartbeat if it had quick saves in the classic games.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
but why would I, or anyone in their right mind be like "oh I need to get this bundle at £40-£50!" when they could've got it last week, or in January, or at Christmas, or in November, or in September for £2.39, £4.99, and £ 12.49 respectively?

Because they'll buy it when this bundle is on sale for £20 or whatever and it seems like a crazy deal to get all three games and their DLC. Whatever it's priced at, it'll be priced so that it looks attractive when the bundle goes into a deep sale. Those games aren't individually priced at that (just by a quick look, Rise of the Tomb Raider is £25 normally on it's own) so any argument that they're cheap when in a sale will apply to this bundle too.

Or, as you said, anyone can just buy the games and the DLC seperately if they want. It'll be the same result. It's just chucking them together in the one cart for you. A bundle is just more eye catching when a sale comes around for people who don't know which TR game they should be buying, what order they're in or if they need x, y or z DLC for each game. It's just putting it all under one bundle.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Funny timing as I'm replaying the trilogy right now, a few hours into Shadow. It's really impressive how they had absolutely no idea what tone they wanted or how they wanted to handle Lara's characterization the entire time. Rise seemed like a step in the right direction but still had Lara brutally point-black executing and doming dudes with climbing axes, then Shadow has been a mess.

Though I swear I read somewhere that they're going to try to reconcile NuLara and classic Lara whenever they make the next one.

Bookman

Oct 27, 2017
I like the series and sort of own all games on "all" plattforms by default.

The reason for this is that I bought them on xbox , got at least 2 on playstation plus (?) and also broght them on sale on stadia mostly because I wanted to check out stadia. They where super cheap (like caffe money).

What I'm trying to say is that anyone who is remotely intressted in the series probably already have them ?

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I wouldn't hold your breath.
How can you be so sure that FPS Boost will not be implemented for this bundle, plus auto-HDR? I think this would be a perfect game (bundle) to demonstrate to Xbox's partners that FPS Boost benefits everyone's wallet with increased sales.

I 100% will not consider buying this bundle if it does not get FPS Boost. I would not give it a second look if the bundle was on GamePass as there are so many games that now look and play better on the XSX|S. 60 fps or nothing (for me).

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
The moment where Lara rises out of the water in Shadow, stabs a dude to death and then goes on a rampage has got be the most empowering moment in the entire trilogy.

6-FF0036-B-4-CF6-45-A3-B86-E-FEC12-A6-C370-F.gif

I really liked Shadow for exploration, tombs, lore, but the story, characters and action sequences fell flat for me.

Especially the moment you describe wanted to be this bad ass scene, but I saw that and just begun laughing. It was bad, really bad from my perspective.

That said if SE would give the trilogy a nextgen facelift I would like to take another round regardless.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
How can you be so sure that FPS Boost will not be implemented for this bundle, plus auto-HDR? I think this would be a perfect game (bundle) to demonstrate to Xbox's partners that FPS Boost benefits everyone's wallet with increased sales.

I 100% will not consider buying this bundle if it does not get FPS Boost. I would not give it a second look if the bundle was on GamePass as there are so many games that now look and play better on the XSX|S. 60 fps or nothing (for me).
To clarify, I was referring to native next-gen enhancements by the original developer (Eidos/Crystal). Upgrades by the BC team are more likely.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

It's just the existing Xbox One games bundled together. It's not a new SKU. I would guess that MS enabling FPS Boost for these old games has every chance of happening, but I wouldn't tie that to Square offering a new bundle of them on the store. Those enhancements would come from the Xbox side, not from Square. By all accounts this is just a bundle of the individual Xbox One titles with the DLC bundled in. No remastering or anything.

As far as Auto HDR goes, Tomb Raider DE already supports Auto HDR. Rise and Shadow support proper HDR. So nothing to do there.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Also a random thought but it's so, so weird how Jonah became Lara's best friend after TR2013. Sam is supposed to be her bff but then just vanishes. It's not like Jonah does anything worthwhile in Rise anyway aside from re-appearing near the end just to get kidnapped and injured. I guess it makes sense that Sam wouldn't want to be involved after 2013 but still.

probably a higher up scared they'd come across as a lesbian couple or something, judging by some of the posts here discussing the characters lol

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
You are someone who they should not be concerned about, not trying to be rude or anything but this is simply the publisher wanting to have a new and easier flow of buyers, having XBOX's BC team working on a patch for the game would be a plus.
And I'm pretty sure that all games already runs at 60FPS on the XSX/PS5? I know, it's not the best scenario since you have to sacrifice image and asset quality but it's not the end of the world either for those who want to play.

LongDongJunon

Nov 13, 2017
This is the same type of thing as the arkane bundle and wolfenstein bundle that came out a while back. Nothing more.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Rise and Shadow are already 60 fps. It would be nice for Tomb Raider 2013 to get 60 fps as it is already 60fp on regular PS4

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Isn't the first one like 720p and 30fps, ouch.

I enjoyed the first two more or less, simple but kinda just straight forward, just ignore collecting things and it's okay, encounters are not nearly good enough more than once but once through okay games.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You are someone who they should not be concerned about, not trying to be rude or anything but this is simply the publisher wanting to have a new and easier flow of buyers, having XBOX's BC team working on a patch for the game would be a plus.
And I'm pretty sure that all games already runs at 60FPS on the XSX/PS5? I know, it's not the best scenario since you have to sacrifice image and asset quality but it's not the end of the world either for those who want to play.
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition on Xbox One unfortunately had a 30fps cap unlike the PS4 version which had an unlocked framerate up to 60fps.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
It's nice they have a bundle for one price but unless there is something added like next gen upgrades what's the point? Not to go too far off-topic but anyone know of a new Tomb Raider Movie coming out? That should have been tied together.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oof :/ I stand corrected then, still think it not super necessary(from the publisher's point of view) but now it would be cool, time will tell, it's a good candidate for sure.
I find it highly unlikely the publisher will do anything else to these games. The BC team would likely be our only hope.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
Give me some reason to buy it for PS5 and I'll replace all my PS4 copies.

(presuming this is an all-in-one, all-on-disc physical version)