• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Where's that Tomb Raider 1-5 and 2nd reboot collection that was rumored? :(
They should put it all in one. Have a collection with every single game in the franchise. I don't think a PS1 collection or Legend trilogy would hold that much value to most people on their own. I'd love them but I wouldn't see the general public buying in to them unless they're just added value to a modern collection.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Lara is a goddamn murder machine and I love it. I hate how they switch to a cinematic and show her being all kind and gentle when moments earlier you stabbed 15 guys in the throat.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
hopefully they unlocked fps on the first one? played through it recently and 30fps is rough compared to the sequels. I think it ran at 60 on ps4 too?

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
They should put it all in one. Have a collection with every single game in the franchise. I don't think a PS1 collection or Legend trilogy would hold that much value to most people on their own. I'd love them but I wouldn't see the general public buying in to them unless they're just added value to a modern collection.

This is what the Collection was rumored to be:

1-52.jpg

I'd buy a Tomb Raider 1-5 package with save states though. I believe you can buy them all on PS3 but game's too hard for me.

Dream_Journey

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this mean PS4/XB version of 2013 game will come to PC, it would be good reason to play again after a long time!

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Serious questione
Is me hoping for it to come to Gamepass against port begging rules?

Boogolo

Nov 1, 2020
Enjoyed all three games to different degrees but if there's no improvements then it seems to just be a trilogy pack for those who haven't played them

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Unless I can upgrade to this on PS4 (where I already own all three games separately) then this is kinda underwhelming.

Also, the whole trilogy has been available for pretty cheap for two years now

TimFL

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Wait... there were 3 titles? I only remember (and tried) the first one and one set in a snowy setting?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Couldnt you get each one of those at ridiculous low prices? I hope that they dont sell it at $60 unless they bring significant PS5/XSX|S improvements

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Unless I can upgrade to this on PS4 (where I already own all three games separately) then this is kinda underwhelming.

Nothing to see here, This is just a store bundle.
You can see the links to all of the included titles, which are SKUs we've already bought

Oct 27, 2017
Lara is a goddamn murder machine and I love it. I hate how they switch to a cinematic and show her being all kind and gentle when moments earlier you stabbed 15 guys in the throat.

My favourite bit is near the beginning of the second game, where you find a log from an enemy soldier describing how he first killed someone and was physically sick, Lara remarks upon how much of a psychopath he is, then you IMMEDIATELY come round a corner and brutally strangle an enemy with your bow from behind without saying a word.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I know these aren't next gen versions, but it'd be nice if they saw some kind of patch. Aren't these either 60FPS or 4K?

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
The microsoft and PSN stores are so leaky. I wonder how the publishers feel about these kind of leaks (obviously they won't be too happy about it).

Just finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider 2 days ago. There are a bunch of different ammunition types and weapons in the game, but there are like 10 enemy encounters in the whole game. That whole thing made 0 sense.

I still kinda enjoyed it more than the previous two games. The reboot and rise were kinda bad.

That's an easy pass for me.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
The moment where Lara rises out of the water in Shadow, stabs a dude to death and then goes on a rampage has got be the most empowering moment in the entire trilogy.

6-FF0036-B-4-CF6-45-A3-B86-E-FEC12-A6-C370-F.gif
Gifs and pictures of this always make me think of Apocalypse Now ending, where Willard rises from the water to kill Colonel Kurtz. While of course the scene and context are very different in the film, the imagery still reminds me of it.
flashpocalypsereveal.gif

Last edited:

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Based on the description I don't see anything about any actual remastering, it just seems like a bundle.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not gonna be upgraded for current gen if the release is 2 weeks away and comes without fanfare.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
If I had to guess, it's just a bundle of the lastgen version.
But maybe they will do us a favor and unlock the frame rate of the 4k modes.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
This made me go back and check out the 2013 Definitive Edition on my PS5. It irons out the framerate completely, which isn't surprising, but it's exactly why I wish every game had an option to unlock the framerate.

Alpende

Oct 26, 2017
I've completed Shadow a couple of weeks ago and it's a fun game. I wouldn't want to play 3 of these games in row though...

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
The moment where Lara rises out of the water in Shadow, stabs a dude to death and then goes on a rampage has got be the most empowering moment in the entire trilogy.

6-FF0036-B-4-CF6-45-A3-B86-E-FEC12-A6-C370-F.gif

That part looked like a satire. I just wanted to turn off my PS4.

Min. 1:37 btw.

I couldn't stop laughing. Specifically considering the game did this scene in a different part of the game and 10 times better:

Min 1:14

Same tone. Great fight scene, no cringe dialogue. t's like this game was written by 5 different people, each with a different idea what Lara was supposed to be.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
If I had to guess, it's just a bundle of the lastgen version.

It's definitely this. You can see what the bundle includes on the store page ('In this bundle') and it's just the three existing games and the various DLCs). It isn't new versions.

It's just a bog standard bundle, same as that Arkane Collection.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still need to finish Shadow but I will probably play it with max PC settings so this is not interesting me.

Hope this means we will get another sequel soon though.
With the anniversary, a good time to announce as well.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope I don't have to buy this again if they are bringing next gen updates to the series.

FutureLarking

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Give me next gen updates for all 3 titles and I'm in

There will be nothing. This isn't a proper new SKU, it's just a bundle product of all the existing content. As leaks go, it's probably not even something worth announcing which is why we're finding out about it so close to release.

Edit: heh, late to the party.