• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you hate tomatoes on Cheeseburgers?

• Yes I hate them.

Votes: 414 36.9%
  • No, there is something wrong with me.

Votes: 707 63.1%

• Total voters

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why this is even a thing. Why would you ruin a perfectly tasty cheese burger with a piece of fucking raw tomato. Sauteed onions, grilled bell peppers, avocados and shredded lettuce all make sense. And the worst part is that tomatoes are so common on cheeseburgers. There is nothing worse than taking a bite of a mouthwatering cheeseburger to find a piece of fucking tomato in your mouth because you forgot to say no tomatoes.

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
You weirdos who have problems with various veggies (tomatoes, onions, lettuce, etc.) on burgers make no sense.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Tomatoes on a burger is definitely fucking bizarre and I don't know why some places do it. Even people who like tomatoes that I know tend to take them off because that's a fucking weird addition.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
an avocado on a cheeseburger makes sense to you? I've literally never even heard of or seen that as an option.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tomatoes overpower everything for me. I take them out of everything or simply ask for no tomatoes. Tomatoes do not taste like ketchup at all, so I wouldn't use the, "ketchup is tomatoes" logic either.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i too wonder why we put fruit on hamburgers

i like them when they are thin slices

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Raw tomatoes are vile things. Cooked into a sauce though, or vine tomatoes roasted to where they're effectively that when burst and mixed with everything else - delicious.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good tomatoes on burgers are awesome.

Unfortunately 99% of tomatoes out there are artificially ripened tasteless garbage.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
The acidity cuts the fattiness of the cheese and meat, lettuce adds texture.

Now you want to talk about unbalancing a burger, raw onion. Caramelized or grilled onions are mellowed out and work, but raw onion overpowers everything else.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
tomatoes are great on any sandwich...a fully ripe tomato is delicious...lettuce on the other hand should only be put in salads

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017
The perfect burger is put together in this order:

bun
ketchup/mayo
red onion
tomato
cheese
burger
ketchup/mayo
bun

The rest of you are just wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Bacon is acceptable but it must be crispy.

edit: I forgot a pickle!!!!

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
The acidity cuts the fattiness of the cheese and meat, lettuce adds texture.

Now you want to talk about unbalancing a burger, raw onion. Caramelized or grilled onions are mellowed out and work, but raw onion overpowers everything else.

All of this is factual.

Tomatoes are essential for a burger.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Nah you're crazy, give me a fat slab of a ripe tomato any day.

The real monster is the weakass piece of iceberg lettuce that you see in some burgers.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I love tomatoes, but they're a bit too watery to put on a burger as is. Whenever I prepare tomato slices for a burger I salt them a bit and let some of the excess moisture leach out.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even a big fan of raw tomatoes, but I will gladly have them on a burger.
Especially a real, quality vine-ripened tomato, not some watered down barely ripe slice of pale nothing.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
tomatoes are great on any sandwich...a fully ripe tomato is delicious...lettuce on the other hand should only be put in salads

BLT is a goat sandwich, you crazy. Also there are so many types of greens to put on a sandwich. Gimmie some spring mix with spinach and arugala on pretty much any sandwich.

I love tomatoes, but they're a bit too watery to put on a burger as is. Whenever I prepare tomato slices for a burger I salt them a bit and let some of the excess moisture leach out.

This is also very true and an underrated step

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I don't know why this is even a thing. Why would you ruin a perfectly tasty cheese burger with a piece of fucking raw tomato. Sauteed onions, grilled bell peppers, avocados and shredded lettuce all make sense. And the worst part is that tomatoes are so common on cheeseburgers. There is nothing worse than taking a bite of a mouthwatering cheeseburger to find a piece of fucking tomato in your mouth because you forgot to say no tomatoes.
It feels good to meet another person who dislikes tomatoes in their burgers.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love a good fresh tomato on a burger.

you know what else is awesome? Pico de gallo and Super thick crispy tortilla chips.