• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I thought that show wasn't popular
It has it's fans. It's a weird show though. I remember parts of it being really cool and others being really campy or cringy. It wasn't solidly in either though which was a problem from what I recall. I remember liking it at the time and was disappointed it only lasted a single season. Can't lie though Ashley Scott was a big part of why I kept watching.

I am really happy they're pulling in so many shows. I never considered they'd give this show representation though.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Gimme Dina too!!!

rs_634x1024-141209151745-1024.-2BIRDS-OF-PREY.ls.12914.jpg

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I just need to see Tom and Michael on screen together again.

Despite season 7 being the mess that it was, it gave us one of the best scenes in the series and it worked with the two of them not saying a damn word.

The Clark and Lex relationship and how it devolved is perhaps the best thing that came out of Smallville and it's largely in part because of these two actors. The fact that it's Clark that puts the dirt on that grave and Lex just walks shows how crazy that relationship changed. Not just Clar/Lex but with Lionel as well when you look back on season 1. The show meandered in the middle but the character arcs that were able to play out over those 10 seasons was great I feel.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The Clark and Lex relationship and how it devolved is perhaps the best thing that came out of Smallville and it's largely in part because of these two actors. The fact that it's Clark that puts the dirt on that grave and Lex just walks shows how crazy that relationship changed. Not just Clar/Lex but with Lionel as well when you look back on season 1. The show meandered in the middle but the character arcs that were able to play out over those 10 seasons was great I feel.

Lionel's redemption is one of the best things about Smallville. That guy was pure evil and passed it onto Lex. Clark was able to "save" the father but not the son. Glover is such a good actor.

Oct 25, 2017
On my rewatch of Smallville(nearly done with S1) other than absolutely atrocious cg im enjoying it more than I have the last few seasons of certain Arrowverse shows.
Feels like there are loads more setpieces than we ever get anymore.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ok I've only just seen this and HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

SOMEBODY SAAAAAAAVE MEEEEE

Smallville was so my jam even in its not so good days. Shame we can't get the best Lex. But hey we got best Lois and don't have to deal with worst Lana so it's all good.

Now please get me Chloe goddamit!
Umm don't know where you've been but the Chloe actress Allison Mack was in a sex cult and convicted, so don't think she'll be working any time soon...

She was arrested in Brooklyn by the FBI on April 20, 2018, on charges of sex trafficking, sex trafficking conspiracy, and forced laborconspiracy in relation to her role in the NXIVMorganization. Mack pleaded guilty to racketeering charges in April 2019, and is currently awaiting sentencing in September 2019.​

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I just think the guy knows his value. Even if it was a 60 second cameo I'd want some money - or maybe more, considering the contribution. Like, why were they only offering him a short cameo? If that was the case? Why not a decent part in an episode?
Because the Arrowverse already has a million characters including a Lex Luthor. They are just trying a neat way to honor history, like how last time they brought back 90s Flash.

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized, given how smallville ended it doesn't make sense for Rosenbaum to have a huge role. He forgot who Clark was basically so what would his interactions with anybody even be. There would be no barn face to face dialogues etc

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
I just realized, given how smallville ended it doesn't make sense for Rosenbaum to have a huge role. He forgot who Clark was basically so what would his interactions with anybody even be. There would be no barn face to face dialogues etc

That and it sounds like he'd be, at best, a few lines cameo.

Whereas Welling is absolutely going to get at least one scene with Routh and the Arrowverse Superman. There's no way they aren't rolling with three Superman on screen at the same time.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I thought that show wasn't popular
It just came out at the wrong time.
It was still 3-4 years before Batman Begins pulled Batman out of the Batman and Robin slump.

It also was more based on the Burton world that had basically been gone for 10 years at that point.

Honestly had that come out after Begins it probably would have gotten a decent run.

Hell it feels like a alpha version of what the Batwoman series is looking to be.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Lionel's redemption is one of the best things about Smallville. That guy was pure evil and passed it onto Lex. Clark was able to "save" the father but not the son. Glover is such a good actor.
Glover was on EVERYTHING. His IMDB page is crazy.
He must be a fantastic person to work with.

Oct 25, 2017
Im actually starting to think Tom won't have a Superman suit.
When they shut Cosmic Book News down on Twitter who claimed they had this scoop this summer they responded saying this deal didn't even happen until like Friday.
With filming starting and us seeing the Kingdom Come suit now(considering Routh was a current actor on this and had his measurements)

How can they confirm an actor, measure him up, have put enough time into a design for it to maybe not even happen at all and then fabricate it/them so quickly.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
he probably looks like crap in a costume anyways

everyone drew him too skinny and short in the season 11 comic.

prove me wrong tom

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
When they shut Cosmic Book News down on Twitter who claimed they had this scoop this summer they responded saying this deal didn't even happen until like Friday.
With filming starting and us seeing the Kingdom Come suit now(considering Routh was a current actor on this and had his measurements)

How can they confirm an actor, measure him up, have put enough time into a design for it to maybe not even happen at all and then fabricate it/them so quickly.
Said the same in the other thread. No chance he suits up and it's obvious by how he's cast as "Clark Kent" and not as "Superman" like Routh is that it's not even in consideration.

Hell, I'd be surprised if he even flies. The Blur is back, people.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Making him a suit wouldn't take that long, it's not like they're going to need months of "R&D" and millions of dollars to fund a dozen different version before they have one that the committee approves, it'd basically be a version of the suits they've already created fitted to Welling, probably based off the Smallville S11 comic design, it wouldn't require a ton of time to make.

It just came out at the wrong time.
It was still 3-4 years before Batman Begins pulled Batman out of the Batman and Robin slump.

It also was more based on the Burton world that had basically been gone for 10 years at that point.

Honestly had that come out after Begins it probably would have gotten a decent run.

Hell it feels like a alpha version of what the Batwoman series is looking to be.
It's been a while and now I'm wondering if it's still on CW Seed but from what I remember it had a good deal of the 90s style cheese that syndicated TV series had and stole Ashley Scott away from Dark Angel which holds up better, at least the first season does since the second kind of went to shit due to last minute changes and we're now in Dark Angel's present or at least when it started. Still haven't caught up to their police drones and stuff like that... Yet, thankfully.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Damn this set my expectations low. But also as PHOENIXZERO said there might still be a chance.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
They should keep with tradition for Welling's Superman, have it be a blur.

That's all we need. We know what and who the blur is. Welling in a suit wouldn't feel right.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I think I mentioned Welling being older than Routh already but just wondering if anyone has taken the time to appreciate that it's kind of funny that Smallville's Clark is actually going to be the youngest of the three versions despite Tom Welling being the oldest of the three actors, by a decade when it comes to Tyler Hoechlin. Welling's version at this point would only be like 32 years old while Hoechlin's is in his mid-late 30s and of course Routh's is like in his late 60s or early 70s.

They should keep with tradition for Welling's Superman, have it be a blur.

That's all we need. We know what and who the blur is. Welling in a suit wouldn't feel right.
He's canonically in a suit at the end of Smallville despite the tricks they used to avoid him actually wearing it. I think he might be over his hang up on not wearing it, especially again since he doesn't need to wear the trunks.

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
I hadn't considered just how much of a size difference there actually is until that pic, lol. He really does tower one them and is wide.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I hadn't considered just how much of a size difference there actually is until that pic, lol. He really does tower one them and is wide.

It's especially funny any time you see Welling paired up with Tom Ellis in Lucifer. Ellis is this tower of a man and Welling is still almost able to stare him eye to eye.