• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Tyler acts the part well but Welling/Routh look the part so it's not perfect imo.

And the Perfect Superman is Shazam

Rosenbaum's Lex is a bigger character on that show than Lois. He's definitely needed. Bringing in Green Arrow would be great as a passing the torch moment. People were furious when Amell was cast instead of a spin off with Hartley. That's all you need. Would've said Chloe if she wasn't a sex criminal.

He'd be playing Hawk anyway

You could get Hartley as Aquaman though. As a callback to the cancelled pilot

Oct 25, 2017
They can leave yellow shirt Aquaman.
He's someone better now anyway.
5c3df374ee8ec.jpeg

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

I'm going to be honest: this confirms he's in it for me.

Considering they were in talks with Welling for a while -- and given that Amell was involved with this and is friends with both Tom an Michael -- I find it very unlikely that they would just call the actor who played Lex freaking Luthor randomly and say, "We need an answer now." They know he's just as important as Tom.

We being played, folks.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
No money? Is DC crazy?
It'd be more of a matter of CW budget limitations for a crossover that must already be one of the biggest-budget things they've ever done.

I also assume "basically no money" does mean that there was some money included in the offer, just not any significant sum.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be honest: this confirms he's in it for me.

Considering they were in talks with Welling for a while -- and given that Amell was involved with this and is friends with both Tom an Michael -- I find it very unlikely that they would just call the actor who played Lex freaking Luthor randomly and say, "We need an answer now." They know he's just as important as Tom.

We being played, folks.
Don't think he'd talk negatively of WB/CW if that was the case.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Don't think he'd talk negatively of WB/CW if that was the case.

It just doesn't add up for me.

We know they were talking to Welling for a while and that he was likely the most difficult one to get. Amell was involved and is good friends with Tom and Michael.

... But WB only reached out to Michael Rosenbaum at the last minute? That doesn't sound right. If it's legit, I think he's leaving out some details.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It just doesn't add up for me.

We know they were talking to Welling for a while and that he was likely the most difficult one to get. Amell was involved and is good friends with Tom and Michael.

... But WB only reached out to Michael Rosenbaum at the last minute? That doesn't sound right. If it's legit, I think he's leaving out some details.
Amell was in talks with Tom and Michael because of his wine business. WB closed the Crisis deal with Tom like last week.

He might be saying the truth here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Amell was in talks with Tom and Michael because of his wine business. WB closed the Crisis deal with Tom like last week.

He might be saying the truth here.

No, I know that. But Amell himself made a comment about there being no Crisis without Welling. I have to imagine he thinks the same about Rosenbaum.

I dunno, we'll see. This feels fishy.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Rosenbaum hesitant to return for the final season of Smallville as well? I remember them saying they would have written things differently if they'd have had him on board earlier.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean if he's shaving his head for some chump change, can't blame him.

Yeah, I wouldn't take that gig. I keep telling people that this thing is only five parts and people should not be expecting substantial roles for every cameo they manage to get. They probably just wanted to use him for one short scene and Rosenbaum ain't shaving his head again for a short cameo.

Oct 28, 2017
Ok I've only just seen this and HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

SOMEBODY SAAAAAAAVE MEEEEE

Smallville was so my jam even in its not so good days. Shame we can't get the best Lex. But hey we got best Lois and don't have to deal with worst Lana so it's all good.

Now please get me Chloe goddamit!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Smallville was so my jam even in its not so good days. Shame we can't get the best Lex. But hey we got best Lois and don't have to deal with worst Lana so it's all good.

ummmmmmm...does anyone want to tell them or should I?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I mean if he's shaving his head for some chump change, can't blame him.
Yeah, I wouldn't take that gig. I keep telling people that this thing is only five parts and people should not be expecting substantial roles for every cameo they manage to get. They probably just wanted to use him for one short scene and Rosenbaum ain't shaving his head again for a short cameo.

They let him wear a bald cap for the Smallville finale and it looked fine so I doubt it would be an issue here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Then put on a bald cap like in the final season of Smallville

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus christ guys. I can't believe what I'm reading. My high turned to a low so quickly goddamn. Fuck sake Chloe this goes straight on my wall of weird :(

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense to me that they waited so long before they contacted Rosenbaum. Why would they go to him before they got Welling? It sucks that we wont have SmallVille Lex, but hopefully that means the other cameos will have more screen time.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
For me, Lex from Smallville was only interesting as you watched him turn from good to evil. Once he crossed that line into full villain mode it wasn't that interesting anymore. I think they'd need a much longer script over several episodes with alot of screen time to make Rosenbaum returning worth it.

Oct 28, 2017
For me, Lex from Smallville was only interesting as you watched him turn from good to evil. Once he crossed that line into full villain mode it wasn't that interesting anymore. I think they'd need a much longer script over several episodes with alot of screen time to make Rosenbaum returning worth it.
I sided with Lex so goddamn much over the course of the show. I genuinely did feel what he would turn in to was mostly Clark's fault.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017

Lol no. Chloe is in jail where she belongs.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I just need to see Tom and Michael on screen together again.

Despite season 7 being the mess that it was, it gave us one of the best scenes in the series and it worked with the two of them not saying a damn word.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
They better pull this shit off otherwise Power Rangers will beat the nostalgia-fest just by bringing back Jason

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah as I mentioned in the other thread it's a weird circumstance, especially as they got Tom on board. Tom and Erica are doing multiple episodes, maybe Rosenbaum was intended for just a cameo so they put in less resources to getting him.

I don't think it's fake out, if they were he would've just said "I have conflicts with the shooting date" and not gone hard in. That said the fans basically bullied him into returning for the Smallville finale so there might be a chance if WB shapes up.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That doesn't change the fact that the cameo is probably very, very short and may not be substantial enough to be worth Rosenbaum's time, especially for the low pay they offered him.

and shave his head. EDIT oh he wore a bald cap last time, never noticed but was it HD back then.

Disappointing news, best Lex I've ever watched. Hope it's a fake out. As cool as Crisis sounds it's still Arrowverse with a budget, hype should be set accordingly.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah as I mentioned in the other thread it's a weird circumstance, especially as they got Tom on board. Tom and Erica are doing multiple episodes, maybe Rosenbaum was intended for just a cameo so they put in less resources to getting him.

I don't think it's fake out, if they were he would've just said "I have conflicts with the shooting date" and not gone hard in. That said the fans basically bullied him into returning for the Smallville finale so there might be a chance if WB shapes up.
The first response I saw on his twitter when it was posted was a fan bitching about him wanting money and not caring about his fans.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think he's telling the truth. I sincerely believe even with Tom and Erica they don't have a solid script. Can't speak about the money obviously.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be more of a matter of CW budget limitations for a crossover that must already be one of the biggest-budget things they've ever done.

I also assume "basically no money" does mean that there was some money included in the offer, just not any significant sum.
I would imagine everything is being maxed out for this. Which is why I expect a lot of lower scale episodes this season. More then normal to make up for the budget being put into these crossover episodes.

Sucks he won't be apart of it though.